Vinyl Me Please Anthology

They don't release pricing until the page goes live, so 5PM EST today (gotta ramp up that fomo).

I'm gonna bite if it's at $200 or under (so probably not). I'll PM you my code if I'm not gonna use it.

Thank you.. saw the link afterwards.. for some reason I was thinking they'd do it at midnight last night..

Realistically what are we all thinking? $300 less $50 for "early birds" with the extra $30 off with the code, tack on the $40 for us international customers? I'm not sure if that's right or not, I've only passively followed the Anthology series as nothing has really peaked my interest enough to actually pull the trigger, plus the pricing has been a little absurd IMO

Realistically what are we all thinking? $300 less $50 for "early birds" with the extra $30 off with the code, tack on the $40 for us international customers? I'm not sure if that's right or not, I've only passively followed the Anthology series as nothing has really peaked my interest enough to actually pull the trigger, plus the pricing has been a little absurd IMO

I have no idea outside of thinking the prices so far have been pretty absurd too. Having said that, I see this Anthology going one of two ways. It's either going to be cheaper than usual (God, I hope so as this is the only way I'd probably grab it).. or because it's so niche, they're going to charge even more than usual for the rarity / nichity of the product. And I can honestly say that with VMP, either route wouldn't surprise me but I'm leaning towards this being on the spendier side of things.

Please VMP prove me wrong.

I have no idea outside of thinking the prices so far have been pretty absurd too. Having said that, I see this Anthology going one of two ways. It's either going to be cheaper than usual (God, I hope so as this is the only way I'd probably grab it).. or because it's so niche, they're going to charge even more than usual for the rarity / nichity of the product. And I can honestly say that with VMP, either route wouldn't surprise me but I'm leaning towards this being on the spendier side of things.

Please VMP prove me wrong.

I hope it's not too crazy, I have a limit that I honestly don't want to hit but I have spent more money on much stupider things!

The only other factor I can see that'll make my decision easier/harder is if the records are coloured versions or not! If they're not black vinyl it's a much easier pass because I'll be more than willing to take my chances on them coming out later in the year in "standard" editions

I hope it's not too crazy, I have a limit that I honestly don't want to hit but I have spent more money on much stupider things!

The only other factor I can see that'll make my decision easier/harder is if the records are coloured versions or not! If they're not black vinyl it's a much easier pass because I'll be more than willing to take my chances on them coming out later in the year in "standard" editions

Agreed. There's also a few titles in there that are far too big to limit to this boxset.. but the Zamrock / African reissue scene is all so weird to begin with that 750 could either be a massive overpress or a massive underpress.

Also, when does this thing go on sale today?

Looks like 5est

This sounds pretty ballpark to me. I'd be surprised if it were priced closer to the Ghostly pricing, which was right around $200 with early bird and a code.

I don't know guys, I've gotten all 4 anthologies so far and I'd say they're less and less worth it to me. The first was amazing, got me into jazz in a really serious way, and I loved getting each episode individually in the mail. But now it really is just an insanely expensive boxed set with a podcast. My excitement for anthology is deep in the shitter, and I was pretty hardcore into it a few months ago.

This sounds pretty ballpark to me. I'd be surprised if it were priced closer to the Ghostly pricing, which was right around $200 with early bird and a code.

I don't know guys, I've gotten all 4 anthologies so far and I'd say they're less and less worth it to me. The first was amazing, got me into jazz in a really serious way, and I loved getting each episode individually in the mail. But now it really is just an insanely expensive boxed set with a podcast. My excitement for anthology is deep in the shitter, and I was pretty hardcore into it a few months ago.

That's kinda where I'm at. Especially since I didn't get the Stax box until episode 4. If it's somehow $150 I'd get it but it'll probably be $250-300 so I'm not as sure.

Does anyone know if the discount codes given for purchasing a previous Anthology work just for the next one, or can you hold on to them and get a discount on one further down the line?

For me the extras really add nothing, I'm interested in this box because I really like the music and I really trust the people curating it! Oh before you say anything I feel safe saying VMP has nothing to do with the curation!!! They are slapping their name on this and promoting and selling it, as far as I can tell, which is fine except for the fact they are god awful at pricing things!!!

It's really hard to get a handle on this set and if there's any hype for it, this thread and Reddit are kind of dead but there are a few non record related things taking up a lot of space in people’s heads right now so it's understandable! I'm'm looking forward to it... Until I see the price of course!

Yeah, at $250 including the code, I'm out. Paying $40+ (my currency) per record for a boxset is just not economically viable for me. :(

Hope everyone enjoys it though!

Also.. Not to gripe but it's absurd to me that we Canadians get charged the same 'international' shipping fee as people overseas.

$250 base, less $30 with the code.

Shit. I'm tempted.

edit: no sticking to my guns, not gonna do it.

I'm realizing now my internal magic number was around $200, and I'm very torn. $27.50/record in a box set is probably just a bit too high for me, especially if we can pick up some of the individual records later.

Back