Vinyl Me Please Anthology

You're probably fine and they just grabbed the wrong secrecy sleeve when they put in your Johnnie Taylor record. Others had this happen, Storf included, and didn't have issues with duplicate records. This isn't coming from Saddle Creek so there seems to be less screw ups with the actual records included.

You're probably fine and they just grabbed the wrong secrecy sleeve when they put in your Johnnie Taylor record. Others had this happen, Storf included, and didn't have issues with duplicate records. This isn't coming from Saddle Creek so there seems to be less screw ups with the actual records included.

Ah okay so episode 3 is Taylor and Bell, correct? I opened episode 4 just to make sure there weren't duplicates and yeah, it was just the wrong secrecy sleeve. No big deal. Thanks!

Ah okay so episode 3 is Taylor and Bell, correct? I opened episode 4 just to make sure there weren't duplicates and yeah, it was just the wrong secrecy sleeve. No big deal. Thanks!

I believe Bell is the final record of the 8, so it will be part of episode 4.

I had 2 minutes to finally open my box before leaving for a work trip. Didn't notice a stax sticker and it looked like the top edge of the box had black marks on the top edge from shipping I guess? Anyone else have luck getting stack stickers sent or the other issue?

I had 2 minutes to finally open my box before leaving for a work trip. Didn't notice a stax sticker and it looked like the top edge of the box had black marks on the top edge from shipping I guess? Anyone else have luck getting stack stickers sent or the other issue?

My box had a small split on one of the top corners & black was showing through. My replacement box is on its way.

Finally getting to start spinning. Really a bummer it took so long to arrive but it's great stuff! I am going to email in for a stax sticker!

I think this box, the records, the podcasts, and the live content like the unboxings and the webcast with the Stax Museum curator have all been top notch.

I wholeheartedly agree that this whole Anthology experience has been excellent.

Yesterday, I played the first 6 records again, in order, & they all sounded fantastic.

Really looking forward to next Fridays final unboxing & podcast & finally seeing what the last two records are.

Best Anthology to date (although I didn’t buy the Ghostly one).

I am also really enjoying this Anthology - no hiccups on the actual box and I have enjoyed the podcasts and extras. I still think the liner notes should be a better quality booklet and not 1 page per album as they are revealed, but overall that's a minor complaint.

Got my anthology today. My first shipping notification was January 10. Today is February 4. WTF.

Anyway, it's here. The outer box was beat to shit (I assume by being handled by "shipping professionals" for nearly four weeks). But the contents are pristine. Not sure how I feel about the privacy sleeves this time, but I do agree they are better than the garbage bags from the Motown set. I'm on my lunch break now but hopefully I can start spinning some Stax sweetness later tonight.

I was going to keep the secrecy sleeves to keep the episodes in order better but now that they're open it's causing the box to bow out and bee too stuffed. So I guess they need to go.

Back