Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I was going to keep the secrecy sleeves to keep the episodes in order better but now that they're open it's causing the box to bow out and bee too stuffed. So I guess they need to go.

I’ve kept my records inside their secrecy sleeves but cut the flaps off so that they fit in the box better. :/)

Storf hinted that the next Anthology will be out by the end of March and will be rock based and what they had in mind for the Crate Digger Me Please line. Said there will be at least two more Anthologies from April to June. I asked him about the MF Doom sweatshirt he was wearing as a future Anthology selection and he said maybe.

Storf hinted that the next Anthology will be out by the end of March and will be rock based and what they had in mind for the Crate Digger Me Please line. Said there will be at least two more Anthologies from April to June. I asked him about the MF Doom sweatshirt he was wearing as a future Anthology selection and he said maybe.

MF Doom Anthology? If there is one artist who definitely does not need more reissues of his back catalogue, it's MF Doom.

Not MF Doom only probably but the label he's on.

Which label would that be though? He has never really 'signed' to any one label other than his own. Unless it's just another reference to them doing a Rhymesayers Anthology which kinda makes sense but to call that Doom's label would be a total misnomer (and because of that, and we are talking Storf here, you're probably right)

Perhaps they don’t need plastic sleeves since they’re protected by the secrecy sleeves & also contained in a box.

That’s how I’m leaving mine, anyway. :)
I think i will bin (or keep it somewhere else) the secrecy sleeves and put my plastic sleeved records into the box. I dont want my fingerprints on the naked cover each time i take it out to play

I have only played the first 4, and for my system, the best in sound quality are in this order. Bar-Kays > Sam and Dave > Booker T and MGs > Otis Redding. Bar-Kays is sonically amazing. For Otis, his vocals are sometimes drowned out especially the first couple of songs.

I have only played the first 4, and for my system, the best in sound quality are in this order. Bar-Kays > Sam and Dave > Booker T and MGs > Otis Redding. Bar-Kays is sonically amazing. For Otis, his vocals are sometimes drowned out especially the first couple of songs.

I think I agree with your order. Bar-Kays sounds GREAT; Otis was a little underwhelming. Otis was the first one I didn't let play all the way through on first spin.

I think i will bin (or keep it somewhere else) the secrecy sleeves and put my plastic sleeved records into the box. I dont want my fingerprints on the naked cover each time i take it out to play

I don’t touch the record sleeve, I just reach inside both the secrecy sleeve & the cover & pull out the inner sleeve & record. :)

I'm happy they've backed off the whole, one anthology per month in 2020 thing. Storf definitely said something like that on Reddit. I'm curious about this rock antho...

Stax has been really good. I didn't love the podcast at first but it ended up being really good. And the music has been fantastic. This William Bell record is better than I expected honestly. The Johnnie Taylor record is still by far my favorite. But everything sounds good, the quality is solid, and overall I'm happy with this one.

I have listened to each record in the Stax Anthology at leasy twice, and so far this is my ranking...

8. William Bell
7. Sam and Dave
6. Booker T and the MGs
5. The Bar Kays
4. Otis Redding
3. Eddie Floyd
2. Albert King
1. Johnnie Taylor

I didn't dislike a single record and see myself spinning all of them quite often. The William Bell was easily the weakest for me but even that one has a great vibe and sounds fantastic.

I was expecting the Otis to be #1 before we received the box, so its actually really cool that 3 albums wound up sticking out to me more. The Eddie Floyd was the standout for me in the sense that I honestly expected it to be one of the weaker albums in this set. I have no clue how time passed this one over.

Well the phantom Stax Anthology slipcase that I never ordered arrived before I got a response back from CS, most likely because I also asked about my missing records from November.

It was wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap as pictured and (suprise!) it's damaged. Replacement cases are not hand numbered for those curious. @folsom_lives did you ever get your replacement sorted? Is anyone looking for the box maybe to make their own S(t)ux Anthology? Otherwise it's going in the recycling.

IMG_20200210_175417.jpg

Well the phantom Stax Anthology slipcase that I never ordered arrived before I got a response back from CS, most likely because I also asked about my missing records from November.

It was wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap as pictured and (suprise!) it's damaged. Replacement cases are not hand numbered for those curious. @folsom_lives did you ever get your replacement sorted? Is anyone looking for the box maybe to make their own S(t)ux Anthology? Otherwise it's going in the recycling.

View attachment 32390
I mean that looks worse than the one I have and they say a replacement is in my orders page.

Finally dug in to the box after being out of town last week. I gotta say, the Booker T album was not really my cup of tea. Side 2 was better than side 1, but overall just not that great. Hopefully this is the weakest in the set.😕

Back