Vinyl Me Please Anthology

In case you missed the Stax Anthology and want to get one.

Various Artists-The Story Of Stax Records-Vinyl Box Sets|Acoustic Sounds

I obviously don't mind that AS is selling this, it was still cheaper to get through VMP and it's not liked they pressed more.

But I would be curious how many AS has. The only reason I could think of for VMP to do this is they wanted to put it as Sold Out by the time the podcast started to keep the exclusivity image intact. I really don't think they would have had a problem selling the remaining copies of these by themselves especially when the stellar reviews came out.

Yeah, it doesn't bother me at all. It's a great box set. I'm sure this is whatever excess stock VMP still had.

Hardly read of any major f*ck ups this time round, so they probably had a few left over. Only hope there’s still only 1000 though.

Now that I have the box, I wouldn't pay that price for every record, but most of them are absolute bangers. It was definitely worth it at the discounted price.
This really resonates with me. I'm thinking 'almost' the same for most of the VMP sets I get. I generally don't like "box" sets and would rather have a set of releases like volumes without the "box" piece for easier access. I've found from VMP that I really love MOST LPs

EX - Blue Note- everything but the last LP
Motown - The first three/four
Stax - everything but (Johnny Taylor, William Bell, Johnny Taylor)

But not the others as "keepers". Sure, they have their moments, but are the going to last in the long run, no. Although to be fair, I'm a collector, and Impulsive. So I'll keep them for a bit, but am already thinking about what to sell vs keep. I assume there are very few people who LOVE everything on these sets, right??? Most have a sweet spot. Tell me I'm wrong? ;)

Back