Vinyl Me Please Anthology

In which case it was conveniently left out of the podcast
Also, i read a little moreon this. It seems it was never illegal to sell or buy the albums, but they were put on " the index" of youth endangering media, so you could sell and buy it if you were over 18 but it would not be allowed to be displayed lin store, advertised anywhere or publicly played live (since there are basically no 18+ concerts in germany. The " bundesprüfstelle fürjugendgefährdende Schriften " was quite controversial in the 80s and 90s because it put lots of punk and metal stuff on there with drug relqted, anti religious etc content. I think they are not indexing that much anymore. Reading up on this i found an interview with cc about their latest record claiming that their record company mostly let them use tamer fovers for germany preemptively so they could advertise gem openly

I didn't think the German's were very prudish, surprised they banned it

Yeah, that’s sounds more like something America would do.
It's probably violence and anti-religious sentiment that led to the indexing. Especially metal was and is indexed a lot because their is still a strong influence from the catholic and protestant churches in germany who are often represented in such censoring bodies.

Regarding the prudish, i always find it interesting to compare movie ratings. Tgere a quite a few movies that are r-rated here and pg-13 in the US and vice versa. The triggers in germany are graphical and psychological violence which gets you r-ratings fast while you can have plenty of nudity and mild drug references and still have it being pg-13 here

It's probably violence and anti-religious sentiment that led to the indexing. Especially metal was and is indexed a lot because their is still a strong influence from the catholic and protestant churches in germany who are often represented in such censoring bodies.

Regarding the prudish, i always find it interesting to compare movie ratings. Tgere a quite a few movies that are r-rated here and pg-13 in the US and vice versa. The triggers in germany are graphical and psychological violence which gets you r-ratings fast while you can have plenty of nudity and mild drug references and still have it being pg-13 here
Oh no, definitely the cover and lyrical content. Have you seen the cover and read the lyrics? Not for the faint hearted.

Oh no, definitely the cover and lyrical content. Have you seen the cover and read the lyrics? Not for the faint hearted.
No, I haven't. Just tried to bring some background and to this banned in germany debate

No, I haven't. Just tried to bring some background and to this banned in germany debate
Which I totally appreciate, a lot of the nuance of what's legal and what happened I think gets exaggerated or overblown, maybe an opposite of the phrase "lost in translation".

CC were one of the core central Florida death metal bands that really makes Tampa death metal mecca (notable exception: the Scandinavians,) along with Death, morbid angel, deicide etc.

Ps maybe skip checking out the art and lyrics unless you really enjoy gory horror.

Lol the unboxing video for metal blade got COPPA'd*

*In compliance with the rules of COPPA, YouTube algorithms assumed it was for kids and made sure you can't comment, put it in a playlist, put tracked ads on it, or play the video in mini player mode

Soo.. most of the LP's look good after a cleaning

Except Amon Amarth

Which has a chip off the label AND looks like a bit of paper is in the vinyl
20210529_211248.jpg

Also the covers are very flimsy and gwar already has a bend

EDIT: shit armored saint has the chip too

Soo.. most of the LP's look good after a cleaning

Except Amon Amarth

Which has a chip off the label AND looks like a bit of paper is in the vinyl
View attachment 101024

Also the covers are very flimsy and gwar already has a bend

EDIT: shit armored saint has the chip too

After the cleanup how does it sound so far? Have listened to the first podcast and leaning towards picking this one up.

Thankfully omen starts it very safe

Maybe a little too digital, because the drums don't have as much punch or dynamics as they could have not that could be the master or my headphones (also note this is basically just the a special pressing of the 2016 copy if the back is accurate)

The vinyl is completely flat, no major errors besides seemingly a small stain of blue vinyl on the label.. and static is very minor.. seems like the cost cutting came more from the flimsy covers, these are definitely not tipons and they are pretty flimsy

Metal Blade arrived today and I’ve spun the first two in the set. Flat pressings and pleased with the sound, but nothing mind blowing. There is a bit of surface noise, but it’s mostly drowned out by the loud volume. A good clean may solve the issue.

I will say I’m disappointed with the cheap sleeves. And only Armored Saint and King Diamond have poly-lined inner sleeves. For such a premium price, I really did expect better. Plus, three of the albums are pretty badly seam split on top.

Overall it’s a nice set, and I’m really looking forward to listening to the rest. And I really enjoyed the podcast series. But I think the flimsy outer and inner sleeves are a big detractor.

Fates warning, the back cover claims this is a 2020 reissue (both this and omen apparently done by Patrick Engel, they may expect you to know it's Barry Grint from the book.

Again totally flat, only cosmetic thing being a dot of blue on the label.. the mastering on some very high guitar notes if a bit much, same with the drums feeling at times metallic and a good amount of reverb, but I didn't really like the master when I heard it on tidal before.. no scratches, no major static, all pretty satisfying

Episode 1 opinions, good pressings, clearly digital I think, I probably would have mastered differently

Metal Blade arrived today and I’ve spun the first two in the set. Flat pressings and pleased with the sound, but nothing mind blowing. There is a bit of surface noise, but it’s mostly drowned out by the loud volume. A good clean may solve the issue.

I will say I’m disappointed with the cheap sleeves. And only Armored Saint and King Diamond have poly-lined inner sleeves. For such a premium price, I really did expect better. Plus, three of the albums are pretty badly seam split on top.

Overall it’s a nice set, and I’m really looking forward to listening to the rest. And I really enjoyed the podcast series. But I think the flimsy outer and inner sleeves are a big detractor.
Cool

I'm probably going to do the tactic of listening to one episode a day.. how will you

Back