Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I really wanted that Herbie anthology but I'm not sure if I've seen a discussion about an anthology that didn't involve hundreds of replacement requests :(
It really does seem like a crapshoot. I’m four records in and am looking at possibly two replacements needed. And I’m only halfway there.

I will say though, my Tribe set was perfect. Everything was flat and quiet with no noticeable defects.

Still waiting on my Herbie Anthology...and this thread is putting my anxiety at an 11.

Fingers crossed for clean versions of Maiden Voyage and The Piano.
I said this about the Dead box too but there appear to be far, far more people who are happy with their sets than those who aren’t. I’m sure you’ll be fine

Awesome that it's actually shipping on time.

First episode of the podcast was a real nice overview of the label, gives some more reasons as to why some of the albums were picked. I did feel like some of the discussion was surface level though, hope it gets deeper as the episodes get into the individual "weeks". I barely know anything about Gwar but I know the Cuddlefish of Cthulu story, and that was told, and the Amon Amarth section was just "Well this band made some good albums, and then they really made a good album!"

Agreed, the first episode was pretty good. One interesting tidbit was that the albums seem to have been selected by the Metal Blade founder himself. That’s kinda cool. Gonna wait until I get my set before diving into the rest.

On the first episode of the podcast they mentioned that the German government banned the album cover of the second Cannibal Corpse album. According to them, it’s illegal to even own it.
It's illegal to preform songs on it as well. Meaning Cannibal Corpse can preform anything they want, but slip in a deep cut from this record and it's illegal business.

Last edited:
Also I'm guessing this box set is illegal in Germany

On the first episode of the podcast they mentioned that the German government banned the album cover of the second Cannibal Corpse album. According to them, it’s illegal to even own it.

It's illegal to preform songs on it as well. Meaning Cannibal Corpse can preform anything they want, but slip in a deep cut from this record and it's illegal business.
According to this:

That ban was lifted 15 years ago

In which case it was conveniently left out of the podcast
they mention it on the 3rd or 4th episode, whichever one has gwar and CC on it, and the CC bassist goes into detail on it. They're not exactly clear on it, last time they were there their german promoter told them it was now more like a "you can't have it unless you're over 18" type of thing, but also that the main thorn in their side on the matter, the german moral majority lady behind it or whatever, is still active and pushing hard against them.

they mention it on the 3rd or 4th episode, whichever one has gwar and CC on it, and the CC bassist goes into detail on it. They're not exactly clear on it, last time they were there their german promoter told them it was now more like a "you can't have it unless you're over 18" type of thing, but also that the main thorn in their side on the matter, the german moral majority lady behind it or whatever, is still active and pushing hard against them.

I didn't think the German's were very prudish, surprised they banned it

well if it makes you feel better, it was north carolina that arrested Oderus Urungus for wearing a fake monster penis codpiece, which inspired "America Must Be Destroyed" (although they then had a bunch of censorship problems with Canada).

well if it makes you feel better, it was north carolina that arrested Oderus Urungus for wearing a fake monster penis codpiece, which inspired "America Must Be Destroyed" (although they then had a bunch of censorship problems with Canada).
We prefer our cod with a side of chips, rather than monster penis THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Back