Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Curious to see: are you guys keeping your Herbie records in the box or are they on your shelves in inner sleeves?

Fortunately yes, very very minor bowl warp, about to finish up with Side A and no noticeable issues to speak of.
Jealous. :|

Curious to see: are you guys keeping your Herbie records in the box or are they on your shelves in inner sleeves?

In da box! The box itself has been open and atop one of my Kallax shelves. I'll probably close it up and display it more permanently after I'm Herbie'd out.

didn´t someone else get a similar reply on one of the other anthologies and when he/she escalated by asking for a complete refund because an uncompleted set is not worth the high price they suddenly found other copies
That was me! Haha. With Zamrock. I got two of one album and was altogether missing one record. They offered to give me any in stock ROTM for free instead lol. Ended up escalating it to Matt and said I’d file a chargeback or they could buy me the only copy of the album on discogs for $700. Some copies magically appeared.

They still have complete sets for sale. Tell them to start opening boxes, it's too expensive for "we're out, sorry...".
Yeah. Just fired off another email. This is the state of the album though. Marks all over it

Attachments

• 3162EB86-B675-4208-B48D-D1723DF5EEE8.jpeg
    3162EB86-B675-4208-B48D-D1723DF5EEE8.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 637700CE-2C43-483B-85C6-44E77907689C.jpeg
    637700CE-2C43-483B-85C6-44E77907689C.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 3FE54A2E-8C7C-46AE-AE5D-ABC53DD062DA.jpeg
    3FE54A2E-8C7C-46AE-AE5D-ABC53DD062DA.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 22
Ya, they've gotta fix that.
I’ve tried to focus on positives across the general set but that’s not the only issue I have to be honest. It’s not grateful dead box bad but my Maiden Voyage has a small part on side A where it sounds like the album actually scrapes, my The Piano is a bit noisy (possibly due to the scratch that was on it on arrival) both my 1+1s are a train wreck and my River Lps are great but the sleeve was warped.

I think I’m done with Anthologies

I’ve tried to focus on positives across the general set but that’s not the only issue I have to be honest. It’s not grateful dead box bad but my Maiden Voyage has a small part on side A where it sounds like the album actually scrapes, my The Piano is a bit noisy (possibly due to the scratch that was on it on arrival) both my 1+1s are a train wreck and my River Lps are great but the sleeve was warped.

I think I’m done with Anthologies
I'm sorry mate, I'm not gunna lie, I stayed out of this one because after what I had to go through with the Dead box, I just couldn't deal with it again... Going forward I'm not going to even consider an Anthology that isn't QRP pressed, because although they effed up a lot of the Dead discs, I'd still put my money on them getting it right over top of most other plants...

I'm sorry mate, I'm not gunna lie, I stayed out of this one because after what I had to go through with the Dead box, I just couldn't deal with it again... Going forward I'm not going to even consider an Anthology that isn't QRP pressed, because although they effed up a lot of the Dead discs, I'd still put my money on them getting it right over top of most other plants...
Yeah. I’ve no faith in VMP to consistently assure quality across a number of lps. One or two maybe but I think 11 is asking too much for them.

Look out in the international PIF though. Herbie incoming

Back