Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Oh neat, this seems to have popped into my account sometime in the last few days:

View attachment 76116

I'm sure it's still a good while before it actually ships, but I am starting to feel pretty stoked!
This is exciting! Really cant wait for it to turn up so I can dig in. Im very familiar with Herbie's early work but its his later releases which most excite me. Really looking forward to it, I have purposely avoided streaming his albums lately and really looking forward to hearing 1+1 for the first time.

This is exciting! Really cant wait for it to turn up so I can dig in. Im very familiar with Herbie's early work but its his later releases which most excite me. Really looking forward to it, I have purposely avoided streaming his albums lately and really looking forward to hearing 1+1 for the first time.
Frankly, after the last few days I'm absolutely dreading it 😂

Frankly, after the last few days I'm absolutely dreading it 😂
Whats happened in the last few days? The 'Hawk Files' error? My view is that even if there was a printing error they will eventually rectify it. As long as I have a set of decent pressings, with correctly printed jackets by the end of it all I will be happy. Yeah, I would obviously prefer it to be top-notch as soon as it arrives but the one thing I would say about VMP is that they are good at fixing their quality control errors, much more than other companies I have dealt with in the past.

Whats happened in the last few days? The 'Hawk Files' error? My view is that even if there was a printing error they will eventually rectify it. As long as I have a set of decent pressings, with correctly printed jackets by the end of it all I will be happy. Yeah, I would obviously prefer it to be top-notch as soon as it arrives but the one thing I would say about VMP is that they are good at fixing their quality control errors, much more than other companies I have dealt with in the past.
I've loads of issues with my Dead Box. I think I'm going to draw a line under it in here as I don't really want other to see my experiences as a reflection of the wider distributed whole (and there are loads and loads of amazing reviews about of this box that I hope people go and check out too rather than my own one off on a single set). Not to mention I'm starting to bore myself, let alone other from the forum, but as it stands 6 of the 8 albums in the set have some form of issue. There is some stuff that was just down to carelessness (vinyl not fully in sleeves being one and labels that are so far off centre you get vertigo staring at them) but more worrying is the layer of noise over a couple, distortion on some tracks, huge non fill issues, off centre presses and the general clicks and pops that are across the rest. In total from a 14 LP set I've 6LPs that are without any noticeable flaw. And that's QRP doing the work. God only knows what will happen when GZ are in the game.

To be fair VMP seem to be standing up to be counted when others have contacted them about this. And in defense of the set. When it's good it is unbelievably good. Its also possibly the best looking package I own in my collection so if they can sort out fresh (and good) copies I'll be delighted that I took the plunge on it. But after this I'm not going to be able to cruise through the Herbie set. It'll have to be played pretty much straight off the bat and I'm going to have to sit there and make notes again. That's how fucked my Dead box was

Back