Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I was tempted by this last night but decided to back away from it. It looks like a killer set which, for once, is kind of reasonably priced for the number of records and content that comes with it (especially if you get the poster as well). The thing is the Tribe recordings were never top-quality studio-level anyway so even if these end up being better quality than the available Pure Pleasure anyway im not sure the difference would be noticable. Decent looking set though and im sure anyone that gets it will be thoroughly happy, such a killer label.

I just don't have the extra cash now (thanks Covid!) to splurge on these Anthologies over things I'm really interested. I only really consistently relisten to the Blue Note and Stax Anthologies. Motown was good but it's not one I'm pulling off my shelf. Ghostly is one I thought I would be more interested in.

I was tempted by this last night but decided to back away from it. It looks like a killer set which, for once, is kind of reasonably priced for the number of records and content that comes with it (especially if you get the poster as well). The thing is the Tribe recordings were never top-quality studio-level anyway so even if these end up being better quality than the available Pure Pleasure anyway im not sure the difference would be noticable. Decent looking set though and im sure anyone that gets it will be thoroughly happy, such a killer label.
Yea--someone on reddit brought up the fact that PP is mostly (if not always) pressed at Pallas. This box will likely be GZ again. So just another thing to keep in mind.

FWIW - Now Again did the Zamrock set, also pressed at GZ, and it was remarkably well done.
Yep--I have that set and it sounds great. A lot of those were also not from original masters IIRC. GZ can sound great. They can also be riddled with QC errors.

I'm still surprised none of those Zamrock records have popped up anywhere, well at least the ones that Now-Again are responsible for!
I am but also I'm not...A) there's likely at least a year "Exclusivity" period and B) Now-Again may or may not eventually press them. Its why I didn't buy the idea that people said Now-Again and Strawberry Rain would definitely repress them.

Definitely surprised N&A hasn't reissued a couple by now. All are available from them digitally. Maybe there was a year exclusive agreement with VMP

Definitely surprised N&A hasn't reissued a couple by now. All are available from them digitally. Maybe there was a year exclusive agreement with VMP
Strawberry Rain in particular is a bit of a shitshow so I don't think we will see those reissued. They have been trying to press some of those albums for years now with no luck until VMP came along.

A buddy of mine is looking to grab this Tribe Box. If any of you ex members get a code that you aren't planning on using, do you mind just letting me know what it is so he can use it? I'm sure it'll likely just be a single code for everyone anyhow. But I'd appreciate it.

Back