Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Yeah down to the exact same records for the most part too. Wonder if we were apart of a bad batch.
Yeah I don't know. I know another member who only had issues on Wake. But no no-fill on Live Dead. So it could be. But obviously the records wouldn't go into each box in any sort of sequential order so it's probably just bad luck...

Last edited:
Meanwhile other than minor things I previously mentioned mine are perfect. Weird QC on this set.
Yeah. It's bizarre. I think someone in here mentioned that maybe some people's set ups were bringing out the worst in the box but I'm at a loss. It's not just the sound issues though. It's things like the inners. That's basic stuff. And my europe 72 sounds great halfway through but the labels are genuinely hilariously off centre. The only way they could be this off is if QRP got the person who applies them shitfaced, put a sack over their head, spun them round 20 times then passed them a bundle and said 'here's your labels mate. Go stick them on those records over there'

Yeah. It's bizarre. I think someone in here mentioned that maybe some people's set ups were bringing out the worst in the box but I'm at a loss. It's not just the sound issues though. It's things like the inners. That's basic stuff. And my europe 72 sounds great halfway through but the labels are genuinely hilariously off centre. The only way they could be this off is if QRP got the person who applies them shitfaced, put a sack over their head, spun them round 20 times then passed them a bundle and said 'here's your labels mate. Go stick them on those records over there'
I mean with mine there are two things going on in terms of sound. There is straight up no fill on L/D, there are marks all over Reckoning 1 which causes pops and Wake is noisy. Full stop those issues are big. Then there's just the light clicks that I'm getting on another 4 discs. That I'm guessing partially comes down to my 2M Black. I mean those clicks aren't present on AP pressings, on the classics pressings, on MOST QRP pressings. But I'm picking them up on this set. I'm guessing that if you don't have a Shibata or another such very precise diamond tip then it's likely that these clicks wouldn't show up OR... if you have a generally more noisy setup then they might be the norm for what a listener would hear on their rig. For me, my rig is dead quiet and these things are very noticeable. Does it kill the enjoyment? No, they're light. Not loud snaps. Should they be there? No. So I asked for replacements because ESPECIALLY for the price these should be dead quiet. The replacements HAVE to fix the first three issues, they're big. However I fully expect the next batch of replacements to sound almost no different in terms of these light clicks on the remaining discs... But it's worth a shot.

I mean with mine there are two things going on in terms of sound. There is straight up no fill on L/D, there are marks all over Reckoning 1 which causes pops and Wake is noisy. Full stop those issues are big. Then there's just the light clicks that I'm getting on another 4 discs. That I'm guessing partially comes down to my 2M Black. I mean those clicks aren't present on AP pressings, on the classics pressings, on MOST QRP pressings. But I'm picking them up on this set. I'm guessing that if you don't have a Shibata or another such very precise diamond tip then it's likely that these clicks wouldn't show up OR... if you have a generally more noisy setup then they might be the norm for what a listener would hear on their rig. For me, my rig is dead quiet and these things are very noticeable. Does it kill the enjoyment? No, they're light. Not loud snaps. Should they be there? No. So I asked for replacements because ESPECIALLY for the price these should be dead quiet. The replacements HAVE to fix the first three issues, they're big. However I fully expect the next batch of replacements to sound almost no different in terms of these light clicks on the remaining discs... But it's worth a shot.
At the minute my WMD is a write off. There is constant noise all the way through it. My American Beauty is warped, Live Dead has massive issues on Dark Star and some clicking on side D E72 was fine up till Sugar Magnolia and there are clicks on that track but it feels insignificant next to the issues on Workingmans Dead and Live Dead in particular.

I don't feel we're really doing the best job of promoting this box to the wider forum here. Do you like your slip mat?

At the minute my WMD is a write off. There is constant noise all the way through it. My American Beauty is warped, Live Dead has massive issues on Dark Star and some clicking on side D E72 was fine up till Sugar Magnolia and there are clicks on that track but it feels insignificant next to the issues on Workingmans Dead and Live Dead in particular.

I don't feel we're really doing the best job of promoting this box to the wider forum here. Do you like your slip mat?
I forget, what cart do you use?

At Vm740ml. Microline and shibata styli. They're great for digging out both brilliant sound and mountains of shit
Yep, Shibata here too. I guessed that was the case, you're getting the minor light clicks that I'm hearing.

the laugh of the promotional video having a guy playing a 450 dollar audiophile vinyl set on an ATLP60 (its a decent turntable but the boxset costs 4 times the price of the turntable)... with the money he could have saved getting a less expensive version (a bunch of high quality pressings from a record shop or something), he could buy a better turntable to get even more out of that set

Another hopefully forgivable thread hijack: I now own WD, AB and Europe '72. These are all great, but where do I go next to get the actual psychedelia? I am easily amused, so I want the most bombastic shit possible.
Anthem of the Sun is the best early psychedelic album.

Either the two FW 69 sets, Live Dead, Shrine Auditorium, or Two From The Vault on vinyl if you want something live.

AAnother hopefully forgivable thread hijack: I now own WD, AB and Europe '72. These are all great, but where do I go next to get the actual psychedelia? I am easily amused, so I want the most bombastic shit possible.
Blues For Allah or Wake of The Flood would be my next favorite studio albums followed closely by Mars Hotel and Aoxomoxoa. Skull & Roses would be another live comp worth picking up as “Bertha” and “Wharf Rat” are all-time greats. Also, don’t sleep on their Solo albums; Garcia, Cat Under The Stars, Ace, and Rolling Thunder all are worth checking out.

Last edited:
If a guy wanted only three albums (studio or live) from that era...?

EDIT: Let me narrow if down. What if I wanted only one live album from the psych era?
I listen to Shrine Auditorium the most frequently. Plus it's only 3lps so you don't need to get up as much.

2/27/69 and 2/28/69 are part of the run of Fillmore shows that make up live/ dead so if you don't want a full 5lp set then go for Live/ Dead. Personally I'd go Shrine, 28/2/69 then 27/2/69 in that order. Others may not.

You could always have 2 live albums from 66 - 69

My wake of the flood is perfect. Sounds great too. Not a click to be heard. So that's live dead c/d, Europe 72 a/b and c and wake of the flood that are ok.

Weird that my WotF is good when that's the one that consistently seems to be causing other people issues. Well I suppose it keeps things exciting

Dead box fans... This didn't sell last week so will probably go for £55. Which is frankly ridiculous

Going back to this again, I messaged the seller and they had one more set in stock! I paid £60 and am so glad I can finally own what looks like an incredible package with some of my favourite bands covering legendary music!

Back