Vinyl Me Please Anthology

11 of my 14 discs looked like that.
Live Dead C/D, Reckoning C/D and all of Without a Net with A/B and E/F right out on to the grooves . Every other one had at least one bent corner.

Why put all the effort in to the packaging, and podcasts if you can't manage something as fundamental as putting a fucking record in an inner sleeve

Live Dead C/D, Reckoning C/D and all of Without a Net with A/B and E/F right out on to the grooves . Every other one had at least one bent corner.

Why put all the effort in to the packaging, and podcasts if you can't manage something as fundamental as putting a fucking record in an inner sleeve
Yep, I definitely made mention of it when I requested my replacements...

Yep, I definitely made mention of it when I requested my replacements...
Have they agreed to replace yours? I've cleaned all them now so am about to start working through. I can see that all the transparent lps are off centre though but as long as I can't hear it I may let it slide

I gave AB and Europe 72 a listen today on Spotify, and I gotta say they're not hitting the same spot as Live Dead and Allah. I can see the appeal of their more country-blues stuff, but I prefer the psychedelic jams as opposed to their actual songwriting. They seem to have a very diverse sound though, which is very impressive
I know nobody cares, but American Beauty finally clicked for me. I believe I was just approaching the album with the wrong mindset. Once I listened to it the way I would a Neil Young album, instead of a psychedelic rock album, I could enjoy the songs a great deal more. And boy, is Kreutzman's drumming great troughout, but specially on Friend of the Devil. It sures makes the track something of its own, and not just another by the numbers country-rock track.

Have they agreed to replace yours? I've cleaned all them now so am about to start working through. I can see that all the transparent lps are off centre though but as long as I can't hear it I may let it slide
I didn't ask for replacements for the labels, only for sound issues. Yes they're going to replace what I've requested. Most of my off centred are just the labels, not the actual pressing, although there are a couple that are slightly off. But if I can't hear anything I'm not going to worry about those...

I didn't ask for replacements for the labels, only for sound issues. Yes they're going to replace what I've requested. Most of my off centred are just the labels, not the actual pressing, although there are a couple that are slightly off. But if I can't hear anything I'm not going to worry about those...
My WMD is noisy as a muthafucker. There's almost a constant veil of static across side A that you pick up whenever there's a quiet point. Ah nuts. This isn't a great start. Music sounds phenomenal though

My WMD is noisy as a muthafucker. There's almost a constant veil of static across side A that you pick up whenever there's a quiet point. Ah nuts. This isn't a great start. Music sounds phenomenal though
Yeah that sounds similar to others I've heard about. I don't have that but I just have lots of light clicks on almost everything. Not terrible but certainly not QRP quality.

I know nobody cares, but American Beauty finally clicked for me. I believe I was just approaching the album with the wrong mindset. Once I listened to it the way I would a Neil Young album, instead of a psychedelic rock album, I could enjoy the songs a great deal more. And boy, is Kreutzman's drumming great troughout, but specially on Friend of the Devil. It sures makes the track something of its own, and not just another by the numbers country-rock track.
Check out the slowed down version of Friend of the Devil from Dead Set. Just beautiful! I prefer it to the original.

Yes! This and Workingman’s Dead are great Country Rock albums but definitely not wholly representative the band’s output.

Anyone have serious distortion through dark star of live/ dead? Not a pop or a clock. A full on crackle. I've tried my old Rhino and it isn't on there.

While American Beauty sounds great its still warped so I'm 3 for 3 on fucked records. This is all a bit demoralising if I'm being honest

The crackle stops about 2 minutes in. My guess is, as that was one of the ones hanging out the inner, that the vinyl has been buggered from rubbing against the cardboard sleeve. So fucked record and was totally avoidable.

Last edited:
Anyone have serious distortion through dark star of live/ dead? Not a pop or a clock. A full on crackle. I've tried my old Rhino and it isn't on there.

While American Beauty sounds great its still warped so I'm 3 for 3 on fucked records. This is all a bit demoralising if I'm being honest

The crackle stops about 2 minutes in. My guess is, as that was one of the ones hanging out the inner, that the vinyl has been buggered from rubbing against the cardboard sleeve. So fucked record and was totally avoidable.
Yep that sounds exactly like mine. Before the drums kick in and lasts about 30-40 seconds with like a crackle like noise every rotation or two. I thought it was non fill.

Yep that sounds exactly like mine. Before the drums kick in and lasts about 30-40 seconds with like a crackle like noise every rotation or two. I thought it was non fill.
I'm gutted. Absolutely gutted. I knew people were having issues but I was massively excited to get it and now I'm having to sit with a notepad making notes on where there are issues and on what records. It's killed any excitement I had about this box and I'm not even halfway through the set yet. Devastated, man.

I'm gutted. Absolutely gutted. I knew people were having issues but I was massively excited to get it and now I'm having to sit with a notepad making notes on where there are issues and on what records. It's killed any excitement I had about this box and I'm not even halfway through the set yet. Devastated, man.
Yeah, it’s absolutely rotten. You try and listen and enjoy the music but you end up thinking more about when the next patch of noise will come and it’s just so offputting.

Yeah, it’s absolutely rotten. You try and listen and enjoy the music but you end up thinking more about when the next patch of noise will come and it’s just so offputting.
But when it's right it's great. I'm on to Europe 72 which I was convinced would be the duffer given sides a/b and e/f have some bizarre label shit going on... and it sounds immense. I mean... I'm only on to side B so it's got time yet but yeah. Absolutely fantastic. It's incredibly frustrating.

But when it's right it's great. I'm on to Europe 72 which I was convinced would be the duffer given sides a/b and e/f have some bizarre label shit going on... and it sounds immense. I mean... I'm only on to side B so it's got time yet but yeah. Absolutely fantastic. It's incredibly frustrating.
Yep that crackle on Live Dead is no fill, I've got it too. You're basically mirroring the same issues @greeny400 and I have.

Back