Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Mine showed up today. Got my notice last night then it appeared just now.

Opened it up and gotta say, the box itself looks really nice but... I think they went really cheap on the records and sleeves. They're not heavy, the inner sleeves on the ghostly swim set are just cheap black paper, and the sleeves themselves are just cheap and basic. I guess I expected the same level of quality they had on the Motown/BN sleeves but yeah, definitely not here. I assume it's because that's how the originals were, but still. I don't know. Right now, very unimpressed and disappointed. Also the ghostly swim 2xlp is in one of those double-wide single sleeves instead of the gatefold, which I absolutely loathe.

I promised someone a VMP anthology sticker, PM me whoever you are, I'll mail it to you.

Damn, that's disappointing. At this point though, I listened to the first podcast and I just want to see it moving. I live 90 minutes from Smithtown, NY and nothing.

i got the ghostly box yesterday afternoon. the 'shipping update' promo email showed up shortly after, at around 4pm. my 'your shipment is on the way' email with the tracking showed up at 11:15pm.

Mine showed up today. Got my notice last night then it appeared just now.

Opened it up and gotta say, the box itself looks really nice but... I think they went really cheap on the records and sleeves. They're not heavy, the inner sleeves on the ghostly swim set are just cheap black paper, and the sleeves themselves are just cheap and basic. I guess I expected the same level of quality they had on the Motown/BN sleeves but yeah, definitely not here. I assume it's because that's how the originals were, but still. I don't know. Right now, very unimpressed and disappointed. Also the ghostly swim 2xlp is in one of those double-wide single sleeves instead of the gatefold, which I absolutely loathe.

I promised someone a VMP anthology sticker, PM me whoever you are, I'll mail it to you.
Were there any cool color variants?

Were there any cool color variants?

They're all clear colors. A couple are decent but... not really. I unwrapped them all and yeah, they're all clear colors.

Still just sitting at Label created. Considering how close I am to Smithtown, I cant believe it is really on the way at this point...

View attachment 23308

Came home to this horribly damaged box. Was really disappointed! never had a box close to damage like this.

THEN I opened it up and everything is in perfect condition! Bullet dodged.

the Adult Swim record is great. Happy camper here

I went ahead and opened the whole thing...and the music is really awesome.

View attachment 23308

Came home to this horribly damaged box. Was really disappointed! never had a box close to damage like this.

THEN I opened it up and everything is in perfect condition! Bullet dodged.

the Adult Swim record is great. Happy camper here

Good to see a fellow New Yorker receiving one. Gives me hope mine move past "label created" soon.

Mine's out for delivery today. It went from label created yesterday to delivery today.

Glad to hear people are getting them but I wonder what they are doing in terms of locations for this. Im driving distance to Smithtown, I cant imagine why people across the country are getting them before me (unless they were sent out purposely in that order).

They switched from Facebook to a different community last time. It was pretty much dead but I would think the link would be in the welcome card in the package (if its a thing this time)

Glad to hear people are getting them but I wonder what they are doing in terms of locations for this. Im driving distance to Smithtown, I cant imagine why people across the country are getting them before me (unless they were sent out purposely in that order).

They switched from Facebook to a different community last time. It was pretty much dead but I would think the link would be in the welcome card in the package (if its a thing this time)
ahh, I was thinking that community may be a good place to reach out for issues like this, but can't reach out if you don't have the box. Thanks for the heads up

ahh, I was thinking that community may be a good place to reach out for issues like this, but can't reach out if you don't have the box. Thanks for the heads up

I reached out via CS and reddit and received the usual answers of "No idea, it should be on the way. Let us know if you havent gotten it by next week". Which is not really helpful considering by then Ill be lucky to receive the box before the "experience" is over.

AFAIK there's no community this time, which is lame. Even if they went back to Facebook, there should be something at least.

Really sucks you guys haven't gotten it yet. I don't get why VMP is so bad at shipping stuff when it's a core part of their business.

I reached out via CS and reddit and received the usual answers of "No idea, it should be on the way. Let us know if you havent gotten it by next week". Which is not really helpful considering by then Ill be lucky to receive the box before the "experience" is over.

Yeah the 'experience' is their main selling point, real bummer about how this one has been going so far, the podcasts have been pretty good, so at least they got one thing right this go around. They should refund you and still ship it for their lack of concern about their customers receiving a VIP experience

AFAIK there's no community this time, which is lame. Even if they went back to Facebook, there should be something at least.

Really sucks you guys haven't gotten it yet. I don't get why VMP is so bad at shipping stuff when it's a core part of their business.
I've only been with them for two years and I still see shipping issues all the time, so the old adage comes back, what could they do with more time? Maybe focus on logistics, rather than FOMO?

Back