Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I've only been with them for two years and I still see shipping issues all the time, so the old adage comes back, what could they do with more time? Maybe focus on logistics, rather than FOMO?

Wait you want them to improve their core product instead of doubling down on their Brand Experience??

Listening to Cam talk during the unboxing was like listening to every modern tech influenced cliche imaginable. Just corporate marketspeak.

Wait you want them to improve their core product instead of doubling down on their Brand Experience??

Listening to Cam talk during the unboxing was like listening to every modern tech influenced cliche imaginable. Just corporate marketspeak.
Didn't even watch it because I haven't received mine and knowing this is certainly going to make me avoid it now.... it's going to have to take a really sweet label to make me want to get back into this 'experience'

Didn't even watch it because I haven't received mine and knowing this is certainly going to make me avoid it now.... it's going to have to take a really sweet label to make me want to get back into this 'experience'

Wait I didnt even realize the unboxing happened yet. Did an email come out about it? Because I've only gotten selected emails about this one too. The last email I got was the one saying "we've enjoyed seeing your unboxing pics"

Edit: Nevermind it was on that last email. Guess I didnt get to that part since I was still so wtf over my box not even being on the way.

Last edited:
Wait I didnt even realize the unboxing happened yet. Did an email come out about it? Because I've only gotten selected emails about this one too. The last email I got was the one saying "we've enjoyed seeing your unboxing pics"

Edit: Nevermind it was on that last email. Guess I didnt get to that part since I was still so wtf over my box not even being on the way.
I feel very out of the loop, didn't take part in the other two anthologies so I have no frame of reference but I imagined it was more engaged than this

I feel very out of the loop, didn't take part in the other two anthologies so I have no frame of reference but I imagined it was more engaged than this

You didnt miss much. Community in Motown was dead, the Blue Note FB group was just people (justifiably) bitching about all the errors.
The only great part of the “experience” to me is the podcasts that accompany the releases, which I may not even have my box in time for now.

I just got mine today. First notification was label created/pre-shipment two days ago from NY location. I'm in Michigan - the next day USPS says it is in Detroit, and then delivered today. So, it seems maybe the tracking info may not be all up-to-date. Sorry to those who haven't received it yet...

Delivery and packaging was fine/good - no damage to the box. There's some foam packing to help keep the box safe and it seemed to work for mine.

Listening to Ghostly Swim now - so far so good!

I just got mine today. First notification was label created/pre-shipment two days ago from NY location. I'm in Michigan - the next day USPS says it is in Detroit, and then delivered today. So, it seems maybe the tracking info may not be all up-to-date. Sorry to those who haven't received it yet...

Delivery and packaging was fine/good - no damage to the box. There's some foam packing to help keep the box safe and it seemed to work for mine.

Listening to Ghostly Swim now - so far so good!

Yeah, I know its not updating correctly and I wouldnt be worried except Im 90 minutes away. In transit would be 1-2 days max for me. I was one of the first to have Motown, which makes me think theres a good chance mine hasnt even shipped yet.

Yeah, I know its not updating correctly and I wouldnt be worried except Im 90 minutes away. In transit would be 1-2 days max for me. I was one of the first to have Motown, which makes me think theres a good chance mine hasnt even shipped yet.
Yeah, that doesn't seem right...I'm guessing either yours hasn't shipped yet (lousy!) or maybe USPS has screwed up. I currently have and order for the new DJ Shadow album in shipment for me from USPS, and it seems to be screwed up - it started in Ferndale, MI, Nov 13th, then finally shipped on the 16th, but did not remain in Michigan.....it was then shipped to Pittsburgh. On the 20th, I got an update it is in transit to the next desitination, but does not say where - if it was Detroit, it should have been there by now!
I had another package from Ohio that traveled 2000 miles (in a circle across the midwest) before arriving. So, DJ Shadow may be getting the same tour. Sheesh. Hope yours comes soon.

what are the "clear colors" of vinyl..

is it just like a bunch of standard blues or something

Two are blue due to a 2xlp. Some are cool, ones this grayish cloudy color that's really nice, still clear but not as translucent. another's yellow. I forget the others. they're fine, I just dislike clear in general so these aren't my favorite at all.

I reached out via CS and reddit and received the usual answers of "No idea, it should be on the way. Let us know if you havent gotten it by next week". Which is not really helpful considering by then Ill be lucky to receive the box before the "experience" is over.
Well you could say I'm still "enjoying" the Blue Note Anthology experience as I'm still waiting for a Schizophrenia replacement! 😁

Back