Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Guys, got my replacements today. The new sleeve is SO much better, about what I'd expect for this amount of money (almost).

But what gets me is the way it was shipped. Just the sleeve and the record thrown into a mailer, no padding, no bubble wrap, no stiffeners. I shook it a little bit and the record was just sliding around in there, no big deal.

It's totally fine. Like seriously, there's no reason this should've gotten here without damage, but here we are. I don't understand the physics of record mailing one tiny bit.

Anyway, gotta clean the Shorter up and give it a listen. It looks good, hopefully it sounds good too.

I haven't cleaned mine yet, but has anyone confirmed that it is correct now?

Yeah, cleaned mine and playing now-- it's right. The deadwax is kind of funny. Has A on the A-side initally scratched out and replaced by a B, which is now scratched out and replaced with an A again. Flip for the reverse side.

Sounds like an upper-level course at a liberal arts school

The Physics of Record Mailing: An Essay Exploring the Nature of Physical Media in its Relation to the Delivery Structures that Serve Our World

Yeah, cleaned mine and playing now-- it's right. The deadwax is kind of funny. Has A on the A-side initally scratched out and replaced by a B, which is now scratched out and replaced with an A again. Flip for the reverse side.
That is what I noticed last night as well. Didn't want to clean the record to find out the VMP screwed up again.

I found it strange that they had a jacket that was already in the mailer that they could have used. Just put it in the dexter calling jacket. We could figure it out.

Actually I wish they would always send the record outside the sleeve. It cuts down on seam splits. Except the first shipment, which was extremely well packed, the packaging on Anthology was as atrocious as when records come from Saddle Creek.

Actually I wish they would always send the record outside the sleeve. It cuts down on seam splits. Except the first shipment, which was extremely well packed, the packaging on Anthology was as atrocious as when records come from Saddle Creek.

I thought about that and you’re probably right. But when I first picked up the box and heard it rattling around in there it made me really nervous.

Is there a drop out about midway through the first song on Schizophrenia? Or is that how the recording is? I never noticed it before but it sounds like the cymbals get completely mis-hit and there’s no sound where it sounds like there should be... sorry not very good at describing it.
Are you referring to the VMP version?

Halfway through day 3, and still no response to my missing Dexter replacement.

Astonishing /s
Bah, that's nothing. I wrote to them again asking about an issue (label on the Akinmusire album) that they said they'd take care of but didn't do what they said they'd do. That was 6 full days ago. Still no response. Had been corresponding with Stephen.

Back