Vinyl Me Please Anthology

That's the problem. Why stalk like a toxic ex? I'd rather have him formally join the forum and interact with us like any other member. But this whole I-act-like-I'm-over-you-yet-I-stalk-you thing is silly.

Well, the guy blocked me on twitter when I called out VMP and VMP direction about the forum's closure. I think he's a bit too proud of himself and where he is now to avoid that childish behaviour.

Don't get me wrong, nothing is wrong with being proud of your accomplishments. That doesn't mean you'll never fuck up ever, and paying customers will talk about it.

That's the problem. Why stalk like a toxic ex? I'd rather have him formally join the forum and interact with us like any other member. But this whole I-act-like-I'm-over-you-yet-I-stalk-you thing is silly.
To be fair, the decision to shut down the old forum was almost certainly not Storf's who, out of all the VMP staff members, was the most committed forum member at the time of the shutdown. When the decision was made, he also, out of all the staff members who were online those last 48 hours, fed us no bullshit about it. In fact, he did what many people advised Paul to do, which is shut up and allow Fiedler's words to speak for themselves.

And then a bunch of people said multiple times that VMP staff should probably stay away from the new forum, perhaps indefinitely. And when Storf was invited directly to join, he said he didn't think it would be a good idea right now.

So -- again, I take it at face value that plenty of people here never enjoyed their interactions with Storf on a personal level, but how is it on him that the old forum is gone, and how is it on him that he can't participate in the community anymore? We're gonna crucify him for saying hi in the filename of a picture? It's a shoutout to the people he used to chat with all day, why can't we leave it at that?

To be fair, the decision to shut down the old forum was almost certainly not Storf's who, out of all the VMP staff members, was the most committed forum member at the time of the shutdown. When the decision was made, he also, out of all the staff members who were online those last 48 hours, fed us no bullshit about it. In fact, he did what many people advised Paul to do, which is shut up and allow Fiedler's words to speak for themselves.

And then a bunch of people said multiple times that VMP staff should probably stay away from the new forum, perhaps indefinitely. And when Storf was invited directly to join, he said he didn't think it would be a good idea right now.

So -- again, I take it at face value that plenty of people here never enjoyed their interactions with Storf on a personal level, but how is it on him that the old forum is gone, and how is it on him that he can't participate in the community anymore? We're gonna crucify him for saying hi in the filename of a picture? It's a shoutout to the people he used to chat with all day, why can't we leave it at that?
Dammit! What do I do with this sweet pitchfork and torch combo I bought for this occasion. It's a final sale and I don't want it to go to waste!

Very true and fair.

I asked Storf to join us if he ever felt the time was right. I hope he does. He and I had our differences. I've had differences with some of you all as well. We're all still people trying to do our best in life. Some timeout from each other is a good thing. If he does come here, I hope everyone will make him feel as welcome as every other member in this forum has been welcomed. ❤

Very true and fair.

I asked Storf to join us if he ever felt the time was right. I hope he does. He and I had our differences. I've had differences with some of you all as well. We're all still people trying to do our best in life. Some timeout from each other is a good thing. If he does come here, I hope everyone will make him feel as welcome as every other member in this forum has been welcomed. ❤

As long as he understand that he would be a guest, as we are all, and not the owner of the place, we'll be good. And we would collectively need to not drag him into the mud for every misstep of VMP, because there will be more.

I love/hate your well-thought points, they always make mae think twice about what I thought I was pretty sure about.

I agree, with everything you said, and I don't blame Storf for what happened with the forum, I just think what he's dping is silly and unprofesional. Like I said, I would prefer if he joined the forum. When asked if he would join N+G, he said it was better if they (as a company) let us have our own place and not interfere with it, which I think is a very mature position. Yet, here we have a staff member who stalks the forum he said he wouldn't join. Don't you think is a bit like a toxic ex who stalks on you?

I love/hate your well-thought points, they always make mae think twice about what I thought I was pretty sure about.

I agree, with everything you said, and I don't blame Storf for what happened with the forum, I just think what he's dping is silly and unprofesional. Like I said, I would prefer if he joined the forum. When asked if he would join N+G, he said it was better if they (as a company) let us have our own place and not interfere with it, which I think is a very mature position. Yet, here we have a staff member who stalks the forum he said he wouldn't join. Don't you think is a bit like a toxic ex who stalks on you?
*shrug* I don't know, man. Who was looking at whose IG in the first place?

Edit: or Twitter, whatever.

*shrug* I don't know, man. Who was looking at whose IG in the first place?
I follow him because I wrote a couple of pieces for him, so the picture appeared on my feed. It's not like I actively went into his profile to see what he's been up to.
I may be ranting too much on this, when in reality is the smallest of issues I have with VMP. It's just that after the very corporate decision of letting us have our own place and not be a part of it, this seems like the complete opposite.

Hey Storf! 🙋‍♂️😊

I miss you heaps and I’m really looking forward to the Motown VMP Anthology Set! I also just want to say that I am still 100% on team Classics and will always stay subscribed to it! I love the Classics sub and am loving how amazing all those records from that sub have been sounding!

I love your updates via Reddit too! I really appreciate all the communication you’ve been giving to us through Reddit! Also, I can’t wait to see what modern hip-hop classic you guys have chosen for September’s R&HH ROTM! 🤣

I’m still waiting on that Playboi Carti - Die Lit VMP pressing. You went to Playboi Carti’s concert last year so I have a feeling you guys might be exclusively pressing the album. Fingers crossed because we need more hip-hop! I’m also hoping you guys have Noname on your good books because we need a VMP pressing of Room 25!

Keep up the good work Storf! Miss you, Nathan! xx

PS - I can imagine you fucking with Megan Thee Stallion’s Fever big time! I just know you love that album! 😈😜

Die Lit needs a vinyl pressing. I'm actually listening to it as we speak and can confidently say it's one of my favorite albums of all time. I've seen Carti 10 times 🤘🦋

I follow him because I wrote a couple of pieces for him, so the picture appeared on my feed. It's not like I actively went into his profile to see what he's been up to.
I may be ranting too much on this, when in reality is the smallest of issues I have with VMP. It's just that after the very corporate decision of letting us have our own place and not be a part of it, this seems like the complete opposite.
I hear you. Just saying that from the opposite perspective, he's probably very aware of how many people from the old forum are still following him on socials, too. Whether we're seeing that or he's reading this, it doesn't necessarily *have* to be a toxic thing just because of who he works for. If anything I saw it as a friendly wave from a respectful distance for the people who are going to go to the trouble to look for it, but that's just me and I could be totally wrong about all of it.

I think the disagreement on my end is the characterization of him as toxic. I don’t think of him that way and will likely never think of him that way.

I don’t want this to blow up into a discussion of him personally tho. Criticize/praise VMP and its content all you want but when it veers personal is where I get uncomfortable with some of the comments I see directed at individual people.

I think the disagreement on my end is the characterization of him as toxic. I don’t think of him that way and will likely never think of him that way.

I don’t want this to blow up into a discussion of him personally tho. Criticize/praise VMP and its content all you want but when it veers personal is where I get uncomfortable with some of the comments I see directed at individual people.
Fair enough, I'll end it there.

For the record, I do like Storf (or at least I don't dislike him), so my comments weren't directed at him personally, but at his position within VMP. All I'm saying is I don't think this is the way an employee from the company that nuked their community should behave, but that's just me.

PS: Please don't ban me, I have an awesome record picked for the N&G Record Club and I want to share it with y'all next month lol

Die Lit needs a vinyl pressing. I'm actually listening to it as we speak and can confidently say it's one of my favorite albums of all time. I've seen Carti 10 times 🤘🦋
You’ve seen Playboi Carti 10 times!?!?! 😅😱🤑

You must be his #1 fan! I’m actually jealous! I want to go to a concert with you to see Playboi Carti because you’re a massive fan of his! 😂

Mr. Winistorfer is someone who enjoys records. He should be welcomed here just like anyone else who enjoys records. He should be allowed to interact here just like anyone else who enjoys records. And by 'allowed', I don't mean allowed by the site owners and admins, I mean allowed by the forum members. This is the tough part, because I think too many people would treat him as a VMP employee and keep asking him about work stuff.

In my opinion, I do think it is important that this forum avoid allowing VMP to use it as a conduit of information by VMP employees. While other record clubs use it this way in their specific forum threads, they have not proven that they don't deserve to be here. They didn't shut down a similar forum for communication that their companies provided then co-opt a free (to them) resource to continue that same communication.

Does VMP deserve a voice on this forum? In my opinion, absolutely not. Does Mr. Winistorfer - the record collector - deserve a voice on this forum? Absolutely, the same as anyone else. This forum should be a refuge from work, not a place of work.

I could potentially get down with a Motown box. The Temptations are one of my all time favs but I somehow don’t own any on vinyl. Same with a lot of Motown stuff besides Marvin and Stevie for some reason.

Do we know if they still plan on not announcing all the albums up front? That’s wack.

Back