Vinyl Me Please Anthology

The moment I post something on my personal Instagram knowing full and well it'll get back to someone from a forum that my company chose to demolish, then I'll maybe see your point.
It's like posting something on social media only for your ex to see it... It's so immature

Last edited:
Which part is unhealthy in this side?
For my part I would prefer if he acted like we didn't exist. This sort of subliminal winks just fuels my negative feelings towards a company that says they care for their customers, then nuke the forum, but then acknowledge the existence of their new hanging place.

Edit:
Basically this
The codependent obsession?
I think both sides would be better off if they acted like the other one was dead

I really wonder what a Motown Anthology would look like? Kind of hard to whittle down such a vast catalog into a smallish boxset.

Probably similar to the Blue Note one where they pick albums representative of the different styles and artists of Motown, without using the most well known albums that have been reissued a bunch (What's Going On, Cloud Nine, Songs in the Key of Life, etc.).

I think @mcherry (?) wrote a primer for the Magazine.

EDIT: She did: The 10 Best Motown Albums To Own On Vinyl There’s some nice albums on there that would be great picks for a Motown anthology that haven’t been reissued.

Last edited:
For my part I would prefer if he acted like we didn't exist. This sort of subliminal winks just fuels my negative feelings towards a company that says they care for their customers, then nuke the forum, but then acknowledge the existence of their new hanging place.

Edit:
Basically this

I think both sides would be better off if they acted like the other one was dead
I prefer a situation where we accept that amicability can exist on both sides. There are those of us here who still like VMP as I’m sure individual employees there still like us.

Probably similar to the Blue Note one where they pick albums representative of the different styles and artists of Motown, without using the most well known albums that have been reissued a bunch (What's Going On, Cloud Nine, Songs in the Key of Life, etc.).

I think @mcherry (?) wrote a primer for the Magazine.

EDIT: She did: The 10 Best Motown Albums To Own On Vinyl There’s some nice albums on there that would be great picks for a Motown anthology that haven’t been reissued.

Using @mcherry 's list as a jumping off point, I've been thinking, and looking up what I think would make a good Motown Anthology. Marvin Gaye is out as all his stuff has been reissued, and I doubt they'd do the Jackson 5 just because. Anyway, I think these six represent some of the most well known Motown artists and none have been reissued recently as far as I can tell.

TCell's Dream Motown Anthology:
The Supremes – Where Did Our Love Go?
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles – Make It Happen (aka Tears of a Clown)
Gladys Knight and The Pips - Nitty Gritty
Stevie Wonder – Up Tight Everything’s Alright
The Temptations – The Temptin’ Temptations
Tammi Terrell – Irresistible Tammi Terrell

Anybody have others? (With the caveat it can't have been reissued in the last 10 years)

Now assuming the same level of record quality (AAA, RTI or QRP pressed, etc) and a slightly higher level of quality control (ie. No CD covers, wrong labelling, etc), how much would that be worth? If they cut it down to one shipment instead of three, and there's no double albums they might be able to get the cost to $200, which I would probably consider. Hmm...

Anyone saw Storf's post on IG? He is recording the podcast for Anthology #2

I zoomed in to his computer screen see if I could find some hint as to what artist/label/genre it will be, and I was surprised to find that the file's title is "What's up N+G"
Do you think N+G meas Needles and Grooves? Is this supposed to be a diss to us or something?

Well, it's no longer there, so it's safe to assume he's reading this. Hi Storf.

Hey Storf! 🙋‍♂️😊

I miss you heaps and I’m really looking forward to the Motown VMP Anthology Set! I also just want to say that I am still 100% on team Classics and will always stay subscribed to it! I love the Classics sub and am loving how amazing all those records from that sub have been sounding!

I love your updates via Reddit too! I really appreciate all the communication you’ve been giving to us through Reddit! Also, I can’t wait to see what modern hip-hop classic you guys have chosen for September’s R&HH ROTM! 🤣

I’m still waiting on that Playboi Carti - Die Lit VMP pressing. You went to Playboi Carti’s concert last year so I have a feeling you guys might be exclusively pressing the album. Fingers crossed because we need more hip-hop! I’m also hoping you guys have Noname on your good books because we need a VMP pressing of Room 25!

Keep up the good work Storf! Miss you, Nathan! xx

PS - I can imagine you fucking with Megan Thee Stallion’s Fever big time! I just know you love that album! 😈😜

Hey Storf! 🙋‍♂️😊

I miss you heaps and I’m really looking forward to the Motown VMP Anthology Set! I also just want to say that I am still 100% on team Classics and will always stay subscribed to it! I love the Classics sub and am loving how amazing all those records from that sub have been sounding!

I love your updates via Reddit too! I really appreciate all the communication you’ve been giving to us through Reddit! Also, I can’t wait to see what modern hip-hop classic you guys have chosen for September’s R&HH ROTM! 🤣

I’m still waiting on that Playboi Carti - Die Lit VMP pressing. You went to Playboi Carti’s concert last year so I have a feeling you guys might be exclusively pressing the album. Fingers crossed because we need more hip-hop! I’m also hoping you guys have Noname on your good books because we need a VMP pressing of Room 25!

PS - I can imagine you fucking with Megan Thee Stallion’s Fever big time! I just know you love that album! 😈😜

f8cc8b84990148ec09a775bf69a90993--amazing-art-character-design.jpg

Hey Storf! 🙋‍♂️😊

Back