Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I mean does anybody actually want them to continue the Facebook group?
No but VMP did imply that the FB group would continue on a bit longer with content. This was in the early days before any thing was released.

That said, all this new FB group will be is Fresh Grab and Now Spinning posts, and I get enough of those here.

When are the corrections to everything supposed to be mailed? Has anyone heard/gotten anything yet?
Heard nothing here. My guess is we wont hear anything until they start shipping. I just worry about all those different buckets (Dexter cover, Shorter vinyl, booklet for some) making this into much more complicated process than it really needs to be.

Heard nothing here. My guess is we wont hear anything until they start shipping. I just worry about all those different buckets (Dexter cover, Shorter vinyl, booklet for some) making this into much more complicated process than it really needs to be.
That's the VMP business model. 1+ .25 -12 + 5 -.12 + 8 - .13 = 2 (give or take a few with rounding)

Did you guys see the announcement on FB about the person who is continuing the group outside of VMP? VMP made an announcement on the FB group. Typical of them...promising a community, but letting their users do all the work to create a community.
giphy.gif

..........it ain't funny, but all you can do is laugh.

Anyone saw Storf's post on IG? He is recording the podcast for Anthology #2

I zoomed in to his computer screen see if I could find some hint as to what artist/label/genre it will be, and I was surprised to find that the file's title is "What's up N+G"
Do you think N+G meas Needles and Grooves? Is this supposed to be a diss to us or something?

I zoomed in to his computer screen see if I could find some hint as to what artist/label/genre it will be, and I was surprised to find that the file's title is "What's up N+G"
Do you think N+G meas Needles and Grooves? Is this supposed to be a diss to us or something?

I read that as more playful than a diss. It looks to me like the first word on the third line is "Motown."

I'm sure he thinks he's funny.

Slightly off topic here but I just wanted to apprise everyone on the current progress of the VmP BLurNowte AntHorRgy BoRx.
20190807_152500.jpg
Up first thanks to @moohoohahaha is Horace S-eamsplit.
Majestic...

20190807_152521.jpg
Followed by two from @bdm105 , first up Ambrose Akinmusire with When The Warp Emerges Glistening...
Honestly one of the worst warps I've seen on a 180 gram record.

20190807_152538.jpg
And Bobby Hutcherson Montera-ahhhhh holycrap that's warped!

Thank you both very very much for your contributions to this noble cause...

I really wonder what a Motown Anthology would look like? Kind of hard to whittle down such a vast catalog into a smallish boxset.

Well when I asked him awhile back if they would do Temptations or the Supremes for classics, he said "we have something else planned for one of those bands". So almost a certaintly that we'll get an album from one of those (personally really hoping for "Where did our Love go").

Slightly off topic here but I just wanted to apprise everyone on the current progress of the VmP BLurNowte AntHorRgy BoRx.
View attachment 13669
Up first thanks to @moohoohahaha is Horace S-eamsplit.
Majestic...

View attachment 13670
Followed by two from @bdm105 , first up Ambrose Akinmusire with When The Warp Emerges Glistening...
Honestly one of the worst warps I've seen on a 180 gram record.

View attachment 13671
And Bobby Hutcherson Montera-ahhhhh holycrap that's warped!

Thank you both very very much for your contributions to this noble cause...
I’ll send you my vinyl sticker if you want to permanently cover the faces.

Back