Upcoming/Recent Shows

FYI - The 6/6 Charly Bliss show has been cancelled and moved to 11/14 (also a Thursday).

I'm at that Jamila Woods. I can't wait for that show, her new album is phenomenal.

Fucking Live Nation. I wonder if I'll get an email before then. Thanks for the heads up! Petition to get Charly Bliss to play Everybody Hits!

Let me know if you want to grab a drink before/at Jamila!

Fucking Live Nation. I wonder if I'll get an email before then. Thanks for the heads up! Petition to get Charly Bliss to play Everybody Hits!

Let me know if you want to grab a drink before/at Jamila!

Everybody Hits and PhilaMoca are such unique venues!

I had been scheduled to go solo to Jamila (wife out of town) but then I was chatting music with a colleague last week and found out he's a huge Woods fan, so he and his wife are going. I'll DM you if we meet up pre-show.

Last edited:
Going to Boston Calling on Saturday....who do I need to check out (already planning on seeing Tame, .Paak, Curry, and Odesza)

Unfortunately Mitski and Denzel overlap. I started listening to Superorganism and King Princess after a friend recommended. Just got introduced to Odesza yesterday too lol

Going to Boston Calling on Saturday....who do I need to check out (already planning on seeing Tame, .Paak, Curry, and Odesza)

Unfortunately Mitski and Denzel overlap. I started listening to Superorganism and King Princess after a friend recommended. Just got introduced to Odesza yesterday too lol

Oh fun challenge!

Saturday is the day! I don't go to festivals, but if I did, I'd just go to Saturday, and I'd see .Paak and Tame Impala for sure. I'd see ODESZA between those two sets if it's feasible to move around. Before then, I'd see Denzel over Mitski (personal preference). No need to see Superorganism imo, I saw them in Philly and wasn't too impressed, so I'd check out Shame in that slot. Before that, Princess Nokia.

On Friday I'd def catch Gang of Youths and I'd get the hell out of there before Twenty One Pilots hit the stage.

Sunday would be Snail Mail, Kilo Kish and Travis Scott.

Have fun!

EDIT: For a more friendly schedule, to see timings, check this link -
https://www.boston.com/culture/music/2019/05/07/here-is-the-full-schedule-for-boston-calling-2019

If you've never seen Chvrches live, they put on a fantastic show.

Oh god, definitely Odesza and Young Fathers! King Princess is pop with a bit of an edge. And Shame. Those 4 would be my "can't miss" acts. Have fun!!!!

Pulled off two shows last night. Not the original set of two shows I planned, but two nonetheless!

Was hoping to see An Horse and then Lyft on over to catch Worriers, but their set times ended up being the same. Chose An Horse and stayed for Camp Cope's headlining set (tour finale!) before jogging on over to see Devon Church and Chasms nearby.

Pulled off two shows last night. Not the original set of two shows I planned, but two nonetheless!

Was hoping to see An Horse and then Lyft on over to catch Worriers, but their set times ended up being the same. Chose An Horse and stayed for Camp Cope's headlining set (tour finale!) before jogging on over to see Devon Church and Chasms nearby.

I didn't know An Horse was still active. TO THE BATCAVE!

The True Loves were amazing, as always, at The Neptune in Seattle last night! 45 release show for their first with Colemine.

20190525_122147.jpg

One of the openers really caught my attention - Prom Queen. I have never heard of them before but I am hooked! The person who introduced them called them a "doom wop" band (also title of their latest record). Killer classic vibes - a little doo wop, a little spooky surf at times, bari sax growling, pink sparkly guitar and big hair. They only had 3 copies of their vinyl left and I did not get to the merch table in time, but the singer said they're gonna order more!

IMG_20190524_223011_404.jpg

Check these guys out, I know I will be seeing them again next time they're playing in town https://promqueenband.bandcamp.com/

Some mediocre video clips of both these bands on my Instagram.

Now to get ready for IDLES/Fontaines DC on Tuesday!

So … how was it??? Any performances surprise you? What stood out?

My crappy pictures from a great show, Paul McCartney.
B0322340-2F0F-43E5-87BD-03D36CC70FD6.jpegA56E0850-D6C6-4741-90C8-25CD0C4407CF.jpeg

Could not have asked for anything more, really. It was weird to get a Jive Bunny like deejay playing his and Beatles hits and then a like 20 minute long Anthology Music/Movie Collage thing instead of an opener.

Unexpected delights were: Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite and Golden Slumbers>Carry That Weight>The End.

Jenny Lewis in San Diego on Sunday (5/26). Great show as always from her - as others mentioned earlier, she's a total pro and her band is solid. Played at my least favorite venue - house of blues - terrible sight lines and big pillars, which makes for a super crowded and aggressive GA. Still heading back there on Thursday to see the Specials though.

Back