Upcoming/Recent Shows

smqQNLp.png

Bedouine with a backing band (not pictured, whoops) is simply sublime. The new material sounded great and I was able to pick up the LP ahead of its release date.

Last edited:
Saw Jason Isbell & Father John Pretentious Pants last night. Missed Jade Bird who opened. I've been seeing Jason since his days with the Drive By Truckers, this was by far the biggest venue I'd seen him play - Open Air Theater holds about 4000 people. Not quite sold out, but it was full - great to see him getting so much well-deserved attention. Wasn't that familiar with Father John Misty, but enjoyed his set as well - he had a big band w/ him, horn section and all.

Jason Isbell

FJM with full 80's lighting. My wife said it looked like the skis she used to own.

So … how was it??? Any performances surprise you? What stood out?
Sorry for the late reply! Odesza totally blew me away. I had never listened to their music until the week leading up to the show. But their show isnt just them playing stuff over speakers. It's an incredible show of lights, instruments and performance that you just can't get by simply listening to their music. I understand the hype now!

Tame Impala was fantastic. Halfway through the set I was like "Ok so when can I see this again" lol. Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals were similarly fucking awesome. Denzel is one of my favorites (3rd time seeing him) and he totally shut it down. Princess Nokia was a real treat. Her music was new to me as well but she was awesome.

Superorganism was pretty cool and Clairo was surprisingly fantastic. Didn't even plan on seeing her but caught a bit of the set just sitting around.

Last night, I got to see Superchunk play Foolish AF (their acoustic version of Foolish) in the back of a pizzeria in the suburbs. It was all about surreal and beautiful. They played the full album straight through and then closed with three classics (also acoustically): Throwing Things, Pink Clouds, Slack Motherfucker. Very special night!5965

Just back from seeing Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis at their record release show at The Cactus Cafe. I've seen them both quite a bit over the years, but I never tire of them. The songs from the new record sounded great live, and this might have been the first of their shows I've seen where they played all 4 of Bruce's big songs: 'Wrapped'; 'Desperately'; 'Travellin' Soldier'; and 'Angry All The Time'.

Chicago people should check out Billy Strings at Taste of Randolph this Sunday. Like the reincarnation of Doc Watson, he’s playing at an unreal level right now

Chicago people should check out Billy Strings at Taste of Randolph this Sunday. Like the reincarnation of Doc Watson, he’s playing at an unreal level right now
Billy Strings is unfuckingreal.

I saw him at a festival, knew nothing about him but was immediately blown away. He's a heavy metal dude that is playing americana. It shouldn't work but really does.

View attachment 6504
I saw Weird Al last night. It was very very good. Dude is nearly 60 and still can run circles around most performers. This tour is the “Strings Attached” tour, and he plays every stop with a local or regional orchestra. Last night, the 41 piece Louisiana Philharmonic played with Al.

View attachment 6506

I want to see the Cleveland show but it's expensive, man.

Billy Strings is unfuckingreal.

I saw him at a festival, knew nothing about him but was immediately blown away. He's a heavy metal dude that is playing americana. It shouldn't work but really does.

Hell yeah! Didn’t know about his metal background but it makes sense with the speed he plays with. Gives me heavy Doc vibes when Billy starts flying

Wasn't @nolalady there too?????
I don’t know! Definitely felt the positive vibes that I would expect from N+G Fam presence though. but maybe that was just Al.
I want to see the Cleveland show but it's expensive, man.
yeah. we payed a good bit just for our balcony seats, but it was such a good and immersive show. I don’t ever remember him coming through Louisiana on a tour, so being able to finally see him after being a fan for 20 years made the price a bit easier to swallow.

View attachment 6504
I saw Weird Al last night. It was very very good. Dude is nearly 60 and still can run circles around most performers. This tour is the “Strings Attached” tour, and he plays every stop with a local or regional orchestra. Last night, the 41 piece Louisiana Philharmonic played with Al.

View attachment 6506
Heck yeah! We were down stairs on the floor. It was a great show! We had so much fun.

Back