Upcoming/Recent Shows

My SO and I are taking a road trip to Richmond to catch their show there...super excited. We tend to find that we are among the elders of the crowd when we go out

We had a thread for this before as well.

Saturday I'm seeing Gost and Perturbator as a Birthday Present to myself. I'm really into their music and excited to see it performed live, however, I'm not at all cool enough to go to a show like this...

Oh well, people will think I'm someones dad standing by the sound booth.

What are you seeing? Share your pictures, stories, memories!

IMG_20190515_234021_239.jpg

Evanescence - The Anthem in Washington DC, 5/15/19

What a show this was! I owed this to my middle school self. This band got me through so much shit in my younger years. Amazing performance with a few less-commonly performed songs. Hearing Whisper live completed my life lol

I've got a ton of shows coming up. There are three different summer concert series here, where the shows are $10 each (except for the national and of monsters and men, those are $20). Some of the Ogden Twilight shows we have tickets for, but won't be going to, not sure which yet. For sure will be at flaming lips, the national, phantogram and iron and wine.

05/21/2019. The Faint w/Closeness & Choir Boys at Metro Music Hall, SLC
05/22/2019. Sego w/Uncle Reno & Super Young Adult at Kilby Court, SLC
05/25/2019. The Hives w/Refused at Union Event Center, SLC
05/30/2019. Geographer at The Gateway, SLC (free show)
06/06/2019. Dillon Francis at Ogden Twilight, Ogden
06/20/2019. Nick Murphy at Ogden Twilight, Ogden
07/12/2019. Washed Out w/ Deerhunter at Ogden Twilight, Ogden
07/18/2019. The Flaming Lips w/The Growlers at Ogden Twilight, Ogden
08/02/2019. Matt and Kim at Ogden Twilight, Ogden
08/13/2019. Mumford and Sons w/Portugal The Man at USANA, SLC
08/17/2019. Phantogram w/Bob Moses at Ogden Twilight, Ogden
08/21/2019. Iron and Wine w/Calexico at Ogden Twilight, Ogden
09/05/2019. The National w/Alvvays at Ogden Twilight, Ogden
09/17/2019. Of Monsters and Men at Ogden Twilight, Ogden
09/27/2019. Rufus Du Sol at Ogden Twilight, Ogden

Still debating on going to any of these $10 shows

Ntl.

CZTeC9P.png

Have a couple of shows lined up toward the end of this month and the start of June. One of them that I'm rather intrigued by is a reunion show from early '00s local favorites Cruiserweight. Female fronted pop/punk outfit...a bit Go-Gos here and a bit Letters to Cleo there. They just released a cover of Descendents' 'Coolidge' in advance of the show. This is a song that is right in their wheelhouse, so it sits nicely among all of their other stuff. Apparently, they had some licensing issues, so it isn't available on streaming services. If you like it though, you can download it for free at their Bandcamp page: https://cruiserweight-atx.bandcamp.com

Have you picked up the new VRSex record? I've only had a chance to spin it once, but it's pretty sweet. Preordered Drab Majesty as well
Yepp! Just arrived this last week. Also have only spun it once, but plan to do so again this weekend

Back