The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home today.

Such an emotional rollercoaster and a fantastic film. I’m riding the high but it might just be one of my favourites to date.

No Way Home is probably my favorite MCU movie in a while and is a testament to how entertaining these movies can be at their best. I have to admit I've been feeling a bit of MCU fatigue as of late, but I felt pretty genuinely invested in this one and it made me interested to see where things will go from here, which is more than I can say for a lot of post-Endgame stuff. Without getting too spoilery, I will just say that this movie helped alleviate a lot of issues I've had with Tom Holland's Spider-Man up to this point and that's a big plus in its favor.

That was flippin' awesome! A perfect blend of emotion, humour, action and intrigue. Definitely top tier MCU right here.

And the closing credits song selection was nothing short of absolutely perfect!

No Way Home is certantly something. It's been 24 hours and I'm still digesting it.

For all the amazing "for the fans" content they packed in, I can't help but feel the pacing of the film really really suffered for it. There are multiple moments in the later part of the film where the Spider-men just stand around talking about extremely mundane stuff and it really stretches the pacing. It made me think a lot how the same dialogue would be killer on a comic page, but straight up adapting it to the screen creates pacing problems. Like, the reference to Mguire's back problems was a nice touch, but did we really need a solid couple minutes of back-cracking?

Anyways, I love the situation they put Peter in at the end of it. My biggest gripe throughout these films is the supporting cast around Peter, and how it disassociates him from the "isolated, do it yourself type" of his comic counterpart. Looking forward to the next trilogy, though I hope they end up going with a diffrent director. Watts has run his course.

Last edited:
We have our tickets to see No Way Home on Tuesday (we were travelling this weekend)...

88mqvwv1nk581.jpg

I saw it last night…thought it was very blah.
Great action at times but very mundane points through the whole thing.

Very forced interactions and lots of head scratchers along the way

Can finally rejoin this thread after seeing No Way Home. Loved everything about it.
The fact that all three movies concluding in a classic Spider Man origin story was a great take. And Willem Dafoe was superb.

Thought the Hawkeye series was great as well.
The interaction between Kate & Yelena was especially enjoyable. Looking forward to where they take those two

Also watched Eternals
It was ok but way too long.
I'm surprised they were alllowed to make Superman & Batman references in a marvel movie.

Also great to see the cast of GoT together again even if they recast Cersei

Also watched Eternals
It was ok but way too long.
I'm surprised they were alllowed to make Superman & Batman references in a marvel movie.

Also great to see the cast of GoT together again even if they recast Cersei

Yeah, I don't think it was terrible but it was definitely not great.
Too long is probably a huge part of it.
I thought Angelina Jolie was pretty terrible and wasn't super stoked on Richard Madden either.
I quite loved Brian Tyree Henry though. A lot.

I saw reviews saying the first half of Eternals was better and then it got predictable and bad but I had the opposite experience. I had no idea who any of these people were or why I should care until they actually started interacting and tackling challenges together.

Overall, I give it a C+. It felt very DC to me but, by the end, I liked the ensemble. I’m looking forward to a sequel. I’m also begging comic book movie makers to please never make me watch an all CGI bad guy that looks like a buff turtle without a shell ever again. #steppenwolf #whoeverthatdeviantwas

We watched Eternals last night. It was okay. Definitely on the lower tier. All the criticisms I've seen are valid. Too many characters. Too much going on and a bit of a retread of other movies. Visually, it was great. The Celestials were cool to see on screen and it will be interesting to see how they work them into the MCU. It definitely sets up Galactus. If it's any indication of how the movie was, both kids fell asleep during it and that hardly ever happens.

Last edited:
I thought Eternals was awesome (caught it last night). Just the fact that it was....different was a breath of fresh air. I found myself really liking some of these characters. Makari's awesome, Phastos is awesome, Gilgamesh and Kingo cool
I was expecting Druig to turn on them the whole movie, and was pleasantly surprised that he got some character development and is one of the survivors. When Icaris flew into space I was expecting him to just exile himself, and appear in the next Captain Marvel or Guardians movie. When he flew into the sun I thought damn, he really did sign a 1 movie contract.
Biggest downside is probably how generic the deviants are. That "grey cgi super-villains" trope is becoming more apparent every year.

Overall and im very excited by the ending and how splintered the team is. Who knows what the plans are for them in the future, is there even gonna be an Eternals 2?

I thought Eternals was awesome (caught it last night). Just the fact that it was....different was a breath of fresh air. I found myself really liking some of these characters. Makari's awesome, Phastos is awesome, Gilgamesh and Kingo cool
I was expecting Druig to turn on them the whole movie, and was pleasantly surprised that he got some character development and is one of the survivors. When Icaris flew into space I was expecting him to just exile himself, and appear in the next Captain Marvel or Guardians movie. When he flew into the sun I thought damn, he really did sign a 1 movie contract.
Biggest downside is probably how generic the deviants are. That "grey cgi super-villains" trope is becoming more apparent every year.

Overall and im very excited by the ending and how splintered the team is. Who knows what the plans are for them in the future, is there even gonna be an Eternals 2?
Rumors are Richard Madden will be back…;)

Back