The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

I'm far more pumped for this than I ever would have expected to be about a Dr. Strange movie had you asked me at pretty much any point in my life up until the last year or two...

I wasn't sure how they keep the hype up after Infinity War / Endgame, but they just keep ramping it up. This is going to be good. Seems that Disney + is sure going to be essential viewing for this, especially the What If series.

So I hear Patrick Stewart's voice and it looks like Strange is brought before a TVA type tribunal. Illuminati perhaps? Also, Wanda is fighting what looks to be the Human Torch but I think that's a red herring and it's actual Nova or some Captain Marvel variant. This one feels like it's going to packing a lot in it.

Anybody watching Peacemaker? Was a little put off by the intensity of the first episode and the lack of likable characters, but it's turned out to be a really enjoyable ride. Vigilante has so many great moments. I do love Guardians, but it's nice to see James Gunn not restricted by a PG-13 rating.

Anybody watching Peacemaker? Was a little put off by the intensity of the first episode and the lack of likable characters, but it's turned out to be a really enjoyable ride. Vigilante has so many great moments. I do love Guardians, but it's nice to see James Gunn not restricted by a PG-13 rating.
I am thoroughly enjoying the hell out of it …vigilante is an amazing character

Still patiently waiting to see my COVID-safe small screen Spider-Man’s.

I forget, did you enjoy the Scott Snyder DC movies? I do not, but I am fond of the Christopher Nolan films. Is it closer to the former or the latter?
This new one is definitely more akin to Nolan than Snyder, I'd say. I don't despise Snyder as much as others, but I'm also not a huge fan of his interpretation of Batman.

Just got out of The Batman and holy shiiiiiiit. One of the best superhero movies (and maybe just movies in general) I've seen in a very long time. Loved it.

This makes me very happy to read. I know for sure I will not be seeing it in theatres but I'm looking even more forward to it now than I was 10 minutes ago (which was already more excited than I ever expected to be about this one!)

The main actress in this trailer looks like she's having fun, and that's great, but man, this just looks so much like things we've already seen from the MCU. It's ridiculous that Marvel/Disney has so much money at their disposal but rely on the same type of visual effects for so many of their heroes' powers. I in no way mean to diminish the efforts of the multiple effects artists I'm sure worked hard on this, it's not their fault. I just wish the MCU had some incentive to push itself in a more creative direction.

Back