The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

I still haven’t watched any of Disney+ shows because I’ve been watching too much WWF but I hope to get caught up soon. The idea of The Multiverse opens up a lot of doors. Also, the possibility of having Alfred Molina, Willam DeFoe, Jamie Fox, Thomas Haden Church, Paul Giamotti, Michael Keaton, Andrew Garfield, and Toby Maguire all in the same film could be a lot of fun (or a disaster) either way it will surely be a spectacle.

I kind of wish I hadn't watched it. It gives too much away.

I can dig that, but also expect some solid surprises still in store. They've definitely been able to do so in the past when it seems they've maybe given too much away. And the outright altering of things in trailers too. I'm definitely looking forward to Shang-Chi and The Eternals, but I'm supremely stoked for No Way Home!

I still haven’t watched any of Disney+ shows because I’ve been watching too much WWF but I hope to get caught up soon. The idea of The Multiverse opens up a lot of doors. Also, the possibility of having Alfred Molina, Willam DeFoe, Jamie Fox, Thomas Haden Church, Paul Giamotti, Michael Keaton, Andrew Garfield, and Toby Maguire all in the same film could be a lot of fun (or a disaster) either way it will surely be a spectacle.

The Disney+ stuff has been pretty damn stellar. It's kind of the ideal format in a lot of ways, to be able to broaden the expanse of the storytelling.

The format for the first half, or so, of Wandavision was quite fresh and exciting, The Falcon & The Winter Soldier was surprisingly way more awesome than I expected it to be and Loki was, of course, fantastic. The last episode was one of the most entertaining things I've watched this year.

It was easily one of, if not the best mainstream superhero series of my lifetime/ever.
Agreed. The only other series that comes close Tom King’s Mister Miracle.

If Warner Bros. was a bit bold they would pivot Wonder Woman into the world of Kirby’s New Gods and really blow some minds. Assuming they could get the tone right.

The Disney+ stuff has been pretty damn stellar. It's kind of the ideal format in a lot of ways, to be able to broaden the expanse of the storytelling.

The format for the first half, or so, of Wandavision was quite fresh and exciting, The Falcon & The Winter Soldier was surprisingly way more awesome than I expected it to be and Loki was, of course, fantastic. The last episode was one of the most entertaining things I've watched this year.
I have heard a lot of great things I am looking forward to diving in hard soon. I devoured The Mandolorian in a weekend so I am looking forward to it. The Netflix Marvel series were a bit hit and miss. Jessica Jones was great and Daredevil and Luke Cage had their moments, I am expecting the Disney+ shows to be a step up from those.

I can dig that, but also expect some solid surprises still in store. They've definitely been able to do so in the past when it seems they've maybe given too much away. And the outright altering of things in trailers too. I'm definitely looking forward to Shang-Chi and The Eternals, but I'm supremely stoked for No Way Home!

I'm not really looking forward to Shang-Chi or The Eternals but I will be watching them anyway. Neither of those trailers have made me too excited for the films

However, I love the Spiderman flicks and No Way Home will be a must see. Also really excited for the next Thor.

I can't believe there hasn't been a thread for all things Marvel before now! Cheers for setting it up @gaporter!

Its a great time to be a Marvel fan for sure.

Back when the first wave of films came out I used to buy comics. It got to a point where I realised that I was actively seeking out first appearances to get ahead of any potential rise in price when/if these characters appeared in the films. I have several long boxes of key comics stored away somewhere now which are likely worth a fair chunk seeing how we have seen so so so many characters appear in various films. If you guys think the vinyl game is mad then you should see the comic book scene. I still follow a few Facebook buy/swap pages and these guys regularly drop £1K on a single comic like it's nothing.

Anyway, when I realised that I was buying them for the wrong reasons I stopped and have stuck to the films and tv shows ever since. Me and my fiancee have binged the films a couple of times now, last year we did it in timeline order which was fun. Im in a similar mindset as @Bohnjaggs that im not as excited for Shang-Chi or The Eternals as I usually am for a Marvel release but will likely see at least 1 of them at the cinema. We watched Black Widow at home and it was great but I think it really deserved a cinema viewing.

My only big hope for No Way Home is that it progresses Peter's character into being out of the shadow of Tony Stark. I really want MCU Spider-Man to become his own character that doesn't have to have his character arc tied to Iron Man.

It seems like bringing in Tobey and Garfield Spideys would be a good way to address this. Have them, as two Spider-Men who didn't have the aid of Stark, drill the importance of becoming your own hero or something like that. I don't mind MCU Spider-Man being a more tech-oriented superhero than past depictions, but at least have it be more of Parker's own technical inventions rather than just 100% Stark technology.

Back