The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

LOL! Wrong Snyder. I was referring to Zach Snyder’s terrible movies not Scott Snyder’s terrific Batman run. I got you. Though, I am big fan Snyder’s Batman…
View attachment 120807
Side note: anyone else’s OCD start acting up when you look at those spines? Why couldn’t DC have been more consistent? It’s a goddamn mess!

Ido0mV6rrFM6LpWe5dgvmxd-fZBoJoSSnsRPHp5MMLU.jpg
Reminded me of this

Side note: anyone else’s OCD start acting up when you look at those spines? Why couldn’t DC have been more consistent? It’s a goddamn mess!
Lol, that's just the begining of DC's Collected Edition department problems. Can't tell you how many times I've been buying one of their paperback lines only for them to cancel it because they're not making enough money. So many series that are only partially collected.

I'm currently getting some new shelves for my place but I should post my books after they get built. Been custom-biding books since the pandemic started so there's some good stuff in there. And lots of X-Men.

I’ve always thought about doing that. Never had the guts and as such I have a closet full of nothing but long boxes.
It's very fun and definitely rewarding, but the costs can pile up fast. I mitigated some of that by using a local bindery and dropping off orders in person, but sadly the guys who run it decided to retire recently (Herring & Robinson in South SF...happy retirement!). I just tell myself these are books that I'll give to my children someday, and to just ignore any initial pricing anxiety and just bite the bullet.

I have a completionist mindset when it comes to collecting comics so custom binding helps me fill in the gaps (Especially with DC...Marvel is much better at consistently putting books out).

I had a crazy dream last night where instead of seeing Spiderman: No Way Home, Marvel actually used that as a cover for an even bigger movie: The Ultimates
1639332666351.png

Brie Larson and Chadwick Boseman where the leads, we had Maria Rambeu from Wandavision as well as the debuts of Blue Marvel and America Chavez. It all took place in space and across the multiverse. The big villain of the film was Galactus.

I want to go back to sleep now

I had a crazy dream last night where instead of seeing Spiderman: No Way Home, Marvel actually used that as a cover for an even bigger movie: The Ultimates

I think Marvel should do absolutely none of the traditional marketing for one of their movies. Something like Avengers: Endgame, or even Spider Man No Way Home would get a ton of traffic just based on awareness at this point. Would be really cool to drop a movie with no trailers, synopsis, or interviews. Just state the release date and that's it.

I think Marvel should do absolutely none of the traditional marketing for one of their movies. Something like Avengers: Endgame, or even Spider Man No Way Home would get a ton of traffic just based on awareness at this point. Would be really cool to drop a movie with no trailers, synopsis, or interviews. Just state the release date and that's it.
It'd take a lot of convincing the suits at disney, and a whole let of stealthiness to actually pull that off, but it would be amazing. Even keeping the announcement closer to release date, instead of before pre-production as its done now, would be very cool. Imagine if they announced a Daredevil film, and it's coming out in 2 weeks. People would go insane.

It'd take a lot of convincing the suits at disney, and a whole let of stealthiness to actually pull that off, but it would be amazing. Even keeping the announcement closer to release date, instead of before pre-production as its done now, would be very cool. Imagine if they announced a Daredevil film, and it's coming out in 2 weeks. People would go insane.
Exactly - you'd get a TON of free publicity.

Wasn't No Way Home supposed to be exactly this? I could've sworn I had read a while ago that they were not planning to release any trailers for it at all. It was only after "leaks" based on toy releases, I thought, that this changed (and a trailer appeared soon after).

Wasn't No Way Home supposed to be exactly this? I could've sworn I had read a while ago that they were not planning to release any trailers for it at all. It was only after "leaks" based on toy releases, I thought, that this changed (and a trailer appeared soon after).
Huh, I'd never heard that about No Way Home. But I wasn't really paying attention to the early info about it either.

Huh, I'd never heard that about No Way Home. But I wasn't really paying attention to the early info about it either.
I wasn't really staying on top of the news either. I could be misremembering, but I thought during that period when they were neither confirming nor denying casting of actors from the Maguire/Garfield films that I saw some mention that no trailers were going to be released.

Got my X-men all together in a nice home/shelf. Getting close to having all issues of the core titles from 1963-2012 in collected form. I just pretend 2012-2019 didn't happen as far as X-Men goes.

Not pictured are a few stacks of paperbacks I'm selling because I'm sure Marvel will release them in omnibus form in the next few years. Eventually I'd like to have everything in hardcover. The first 2 books (Silver Age X-men) and Road to Onslaught I bound myself.

As far as spinoff titles I have X-Force and X-Factor mostly collected, and don't care for Excalibur, Generation X, Wolverine solo(mostly), Exiles, etc.

Sorry for the mediocre picture quality, I wish I had more light in here.
IMG_1539.JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1541.JPG

Slight digression, but I just started reading "All of the Marvels" by Douglas Wolk and wanted to recommend it to this group.
All of the Marvels by Douglas Wolk: 9780735222168 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books

The author's basic argument is that the Marvel Universe is really just one giant, ongoing piece of literature with thousands of interconnected branches and as part of his research set out to read every Marvel comic ever published. The book speaks to the themes around the characters and how their stories and role within the canon have changed over time, as well as the impact of individual artists or story-tellers and how they add to the ongoing story. I actually just finished the chapter on Spider-Man last night, and it's got me picking up storylines I've missed over the years (I have a Marvel Unlimited subscription). If nothing else it's an interesting commentary on our collective relationship with Marvel stories and how unique and kind of incredible what Marvel comics has done over the years actually is.
Thanks for the tip. checked this out from my library via libby and am quite enjoying this.

No Way Home is probably my favorite MCU movie in a while and is a testament to how entertaining these movies can be at their best. I have to admit I've been feeling a bit of MCU fatigue as of late, but I felt pretty genuinely invested in this one and it made me interested to see where things will go from here, which is more than I can say for a lot of post-Endgame stuff. Without getting too spoilery, I will just say that this movie helped alleviate a lot of issues I've had with Tom Holland's Spider-Man up to this point and that's a big plus in its favor. It also has what I now consider to be my favorite live-action Spider-Man suit. Don't @ me.

Back