The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

Interesting scene, but not really sad it didn't make it to the final cut. Kinda just spells out the movie's themes, which were already pretty obvious enough. Big fan of Batman and Joker already having a relationship in this version though.

Has anyone watched the first episode of Moon Knight?

Its certainly got me intrigued to see where they take the series.

I used to watch the Marvel shows at midnight when they dropped but I just can't stay up that late anymore, which is probably healthy but makes me a bit sad!

I'll be watching it tonight when my wife goes to bed.

I’ve watched all the Disney+ Marvel series so I know the chances of Moon Knight ending as handsomely as it’s starting are about .0000001% BUT hot dang if that wasn’t a fun first episode with a stellar pair of actors playing the hero/villain.

The Incredible Hulk was just added to HBO Max, so I decided to watch it for the first time since, like, 2008. It's very meh in my opinion. Especially if you compare it to what else was out that same summer, like Iron Man and The Dark Knight. I guess it's kind of unfair to it that they completely changed this version of Banner when they got Ruffalo to replace Norton, so really it feels like a lost movie to a franchise that never went anywhere more than it does an actual part of the MCU. I like Edward Norton as an actor typically but I just don't care for him as Banner. I also don't really like the design for his version of the Hulk either. It was interesting to see it again but honestly I think I prefer the Ang Lee film. It's got problems too but it also took more chances and I think the Hulk effects in that movie are way more pleasant to look at.

Reactions: Jan
The Incredible Hulk was just added to HBO Max, so I decided to watch it for the first time since, like, 2008. It's very meh in my opinion. Especially if you compare it to what else was out that same summer, like Iron Man and The Dark Knight. I guess it's kind of unfair to it that they completely changed this version of Banner when they got Ruffalo to replace Norton, so really it feels like a lost movie to a franchise that never went anywhere more than it does an actual part of the MCU. I like Edward Norton as an actor typically but I just don't care for him as Banner. I also don't really like the design for his version of the Hulk either. It was interesting to see it again but honestly I think I prefer the Ang Lee film. It's got problems too but it also took more chances and I think the Hulk effects in that movie are way more pleasant to look at.
Fun fact about The Incredible Hulk. Martin Starr's character in the film is supposedly the same person who becomes Peter Parker's teacher in the Spider Man films.

Back