The Return of the Challenge Thread - December 2019

Day 4 - Audiophile.
Play your best sounding record.

Well thats a tough one. Im going to twist it a little and play most recent purchase that impressed me. This sounds damn good......DAMN good.
INXS playing loud
View attachment 24916
🎶Live baby live
Now that the day is over🎶
I used to listen to this album A LOT in my teens.
And I don't have it on vinyl....
And it sounds damn good...
And where's my credit card?

Edit: I'm assuming this is half speed remaster, yes?

🎶Live baby live
Now that the day is over🎶
I used to listen to this album A LOT in my teens.
And I don't have it on vinyl....
And it sounds damn good...
And where's my credit card?

Edit: I'm assuming this is half speed remaster, yes?

It really does this latest pressing - but i here there are a number of good ones.

What u gonna do ? - gonna live my life !!
So slide over here and give me a moment.......
Edit : Yes half speed remaster

Day 3 - Nice Package!

Got this one yesterday. It's the mail-order only variant, so not as fancy as Terror Vision's subscriber variant, but still pretty nice all around.
It came with a 7" bonus record, but it was pressed so off center it is unlistenable because of the speed fluctuations.

[/IMG]View attachment 24864

That's United for ya.

I posted a comment on Terror Vision's Facebook page - and whoever runs their page gave me an email address to get in touch.

I assume they will replace it, but I haven't heard back yet.

Day 4 - audiophile

Miles Davis - In A Silent Way

Not really sure what my *best* sounding record is, but this one is damn fine. My one and only Mofi so far, and just a staggeringly good album. Looking forward to getting the RSD companion record when I'm in the UK for Christmas too...

20191204_223539.jpg

Day 3 - Nice Package!
Play a record with great all around packaging

Tricky to photograph with the lenticular cover and all! But the jacket quality on this 50th Anniversary Edition is fantastic, comes with the Stereo and Mono copies which is also great! The booklet included is a great read. Definitely stands out as one of the better packages I own (y)

The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request (50th Anniversary Set - Stereo LP)

IMG_20191204_172007_687.jpg

vvvv - Better images of the set below - vvvv
61We1JOyc4L.jpg

Day 3 - Nice Package!
Play a record with great all around packaging

Tricky to photograph with the lenticular cover and all! But the jacket quality on this 50th Anniversary Edition is fantastic, comes with the Stereo and Mono copies which is also great! The booklet included is a great read. Definitely stands out as one of the better packages I own (y)

The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request (50th Anniversary Set - Stereo LP)

View attachment 24948

vvvv - Better images of the set below - vvvv
View attachment 24949

The Let it Bleed I played above is out of the similar 50th set from earlier this month, it’s great!

Back