The Return of the Challenge Thread - December 2019

That one's on my Christmas wish list!! ;)

ifs a beautiful package, both the sacds and the vinyl sound amazing (i prefer the mono mix to the stereo on both) and the whole package down to the book and box and art prints are really high quality. I thought it was priced a little too high before it arrived but now I can see what the money went on!

ifs a beautiful package, both the sacds and the vinyl sound amazing (i prefer the mono mix to the stereo on both) and the whole package down to the book and box and art prints are really high quality. I thought it was priced a little too high before it arrived but now I can see what the money went on!

If it's anything like Their Majesties Satanic Request, it's definitely worth the money (y)

If it's anything like Their Majesties Satanic Request, it's definitely worth the money (y)

Yeah I remember that being a nice package alright but I’m not as keen on it as an album so I just got the RSD coke bottle clear press with holographic cover. I got the 50th Beggars Banquet too but it was a much more skant package.

Day 4 - Audiophile

Bob Dylan - Desire

My best sounding record is either this or the standard Rhino version of American Beauty (CB cut). It’s been longer since I played this, so it gets the nod.

View attachment 24960
I've got Highway 61 and Blood on the Tracks, and I think this is the only other Dylan I'd really splurge on the MoFi for. Jealous!

Didn't see this thread earlier. If it isn't too late, I would love to participate! :)

Day 1 - Welcome Back.
Play anything you want. Show off a white whale, play your favorite album...whatever.

Terekke - Improvisational Loops

20191205_010156.jpg

Just shook my phone in Discogs and got this. Nice ambient release from the Music From Memory label.

Day 3 - Nice Package!
Play a record with great all around packaging.

Angel Olsen - All Mirrors

20191205_012316.jpg
20191205_011657~2.jpg

Don't have much that I would classify as "great packaging," but this one stood out. Tip-on sleeve, coke bottle clear 2xLP, 6-panel folded poster, and art booklet with credits.

Back