The Return of the Challenge Thread - December 2019

Day 2 - Rock and roll
Lucy Dacus - 2019

I wanted to play Chuck Berry but this is the last disc I'm going to spin as tomorrow I have to get up at ridiculous o'clock to visit an oil rig. Any album with Dancing In The Dark has to be in the rock ball park and while not all the songs are classic rock I really dig Lucy Dacus' style - her own songs are the highlight of this release.

20191202_215630.jpg

Last edited:
Day 2 - Rock and roll
Lucy Dacus - 2019

I wanted to play Chuck Berry but this is the last disc I'm going to spin tomorrow as I have to get up at ridiculous o'clock to visit an oil rig. Any album with Dancing In The Dark has to be in the rock ball park and while not all the songs are classic rock I really dig Lucy Dacus' style - her own songs are the highlight of this release.

View attachment 24666

Her cover of "Le Vie En Rose" is truly magical

Oh, I thought you were playing Mirror to Mirror because it is on the bottom of the label. Does Face to Face have that as well? I feel the same as you though. I know some old fans felt differently.

Yeah I have no idea why it says that at the bottom, it's the 2018 one, and the side just says "Twin Fantasy"

I also have the RSD copy of mirror to mirror and that says it on the spin and on the label.

And I know it's a pretty unpopular opinion but I just can't get behind the original's rough recordings

Here are some comparison shots

20191202_164201.jpg
20191202_164300.jpg
(Mirror to mirror is on the top)

Day 2 - Rock and Roll

Babe Ruth - First Base

I tried to pick something off the beaten path. This is like a prog rock version of Heart, I guess. Amazing album - it probably would have been more popular were it not for literally the lamest band name/record name for a rock band possible.

6F4FC17A-EE2B-4DB8-8901-DDE8B7AA83B7.jpeg

Day 2 - Rock and Roll

Babe Ruth - First Base

I tried to pick something off the beaten path. This is like a prog rock version of Heart, I guess. Amazing album - it probably would have been more popular were it not for literally the lamest band name/record name for a rock band possible.

View attachment 24688

Cool. I had to check them out! 🤘

Back