The Pro-Ject Pergola - Questions, Answers, Advice & Chat

A new project! They’ve done an EVO version of the debut carbon. Upgraded adjustable feet, a new platter, new motor suspension and some fancy new colours. Speed change via a switch underneath the platter.

At £449 retail it’s £80 above the standard debut carbon and £20 less than the esprit sb version.

A new project! They’ve done an EVO version of the debut carbon. Upgraded adjustable feet, a new platter, new motor suspension and some fancy new colours. Speed change via a switch underneath the platter.

At £449 retail it’s £80 above the standard debut carbon and £20 less than the esprit sb version.

This looks really nice. Interesting they ditched the Ortofon carts.

Looks like it's just NA. Sumiko Rainier will come on the US iterations. They had used the Ortofon 2M line previously.

They’re too closely tied with ort to drop them. They’ve made tables for them to be sold under the ort badge and the pro-ject pick it carts are essentially rebranded and “revoiced” orts

Does anyone here have any experience with the Pro-Ject X2? I think I am interested in plopping the cash down if i get a good deal from a dealer somewhere. Seems like the Sumiko Moonstone is a much nicer stylus than the Rainier, and all of the beefy upgrades from the X1 seem rad.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Pro-Ject X2? I think I am interested in plopping the cash down if i get a good deal from a dealer somewhere. Seems like the Sumiko Moonstone is a much nicer stylus than the Rainier, and all of the beefy upgrades from the X1 seem rad.
I've got the predecessor to the X2, the 2Xperience SB and personally it's been fantastic for me. Only thing I had to change was the Ort Silver Cart which I did not like at all. Other than that it's great. And the X2 looks like it has some nice upgrades as well. But I will say it was my first TT as well so I don't have anything to compare it against.

Last edited:
I've got the predecessor to the X2, the 2Xperience SB and personally it's been fantastic for me. Only thing I had to change was the Ort Silver Cart which I did not like at all. Other than that it's great. And the X2 looks like it has some nice upgrades as well. But I will say it was my first TT as well so I don't have anything to compare it against.
Isn't the X2 a little lower down the line than the experience was? At any rate, I picked up a white Pro-Ject X2, with a Schiit Mani also on the way.
The pairing between the Mani and the Sumiko Moonstone cart seem like an winning combo, but my ears will be the judge. Just happy to move on from the 2m carts, as I found the Red kinda dull, and the Blue too analytical and bright with my Klipsch R28PFs. Still have a soft spot for the Blue though as it brought out a ton of detail in my records I hadn't heard until then.

Also. I scored that X2 for $970 shipped..... Didn't believe I found a deal that great and even more in disbelief that it was all real. For reference, the X1 is $900, pre ship, pre tax. I can not wait to share my experience as this table doesn't seem to have much coverage. Now, to find a buyer for the Debut Carbon!

Isn't the X2 a little lower down the line than the experience was? At any rate, I picked up a white Pro-Ject X2, with a Schiit Mani also on the way.
The pairing between the Mani and the Sumiko Moonstone cart seem like an winning combo, but my ears will be the judge. Just happy to move on from the 2m carts, as I found the Red kinda dull, and the Blue too analytical and bright with my Klipsch R28PFs. Still have a soft spot for the Blue though as it brought out a ton of detail in my records I hadn't heard until then.

Also. I scored that X2 for $970 shipped..... Didn't believe I found a deal that great and even more in disbelief that it was all real. For reference, the X1 is $900, pre ship, pre tax. I can not wait to share my experience as this table doesn't seem to have much coverage. Now, to find a buyer for the Debut Carbon!
The X2 is supposed to be the replacement for the 2Xperience. The X1 is a replacement for the 1Xpression Carbon. I'm not sure about if they've removed anything or if they're a step down in any way but I don't believe so.

Also, I'm a bit intimidated about the prospect of replacing the cartridge someday, the fact that it came with a Turntable Protractor tells me it's going to be complicated!

I must have cursed myself. Accidentally bent the needle with my finger when I was switching records, and it fell out. Assuming it's hosed, and ordered a new 2m that will be here tomorrow.

Hopefully just a new needle?

The full red cartridge. A quick google search told me that if the needle fell out of the cartridge, that's not a good thing. Going to work on it to see if I can get it in working order again though so I've got a backup.

Edited - Oh, I guess I could have just gotten the stylus alone -that's a bit cheaper. I'll try that. Thanks!

The full red cartridge. A quick google search told me that if the needle fell out of the cartridge, that's not a good thing. Going to work on it to see if I can get it in working order again though so I've got a backup.

Edited - Oh, I guess I could have just gotten the stylus alone -that's a bit cheaper. I'll try that. Thanks!
Yes just get the stylus. You do not need the cart. If the stylus broke off its done, don't bother trying to fix it. But you don't need a new body, just the stylus. The Red bit just slides off the black body.

How many hours were on it? Could be a good opportunity to upgrade to the blue stylus.

Back