The Pro-Ject Pergola - Questions, Answers, Advice & Chat

Did you order yet? I have a perfectly fine red sitting around that I could just send you. I upgraded to a blue a year or so ago, and this would hold you over until you're ready to upgrade.

Just ordered through Amazon. Really appreciate the offer, but I'd hate to impose like that. Especially if something happens to your blue and you need something to tide you over.

Just ordered through Amazon. Really appreciate the offer, but I'd hate to impose like that. Especially if something happens to your blue and you need something to tide you over.
It's really no problem at all and I'm just a state over so hopefully wouldn't take long to get. Offer stands though, just let me know if you change your mind.

In your opinion, is the Debut Carbon Esprit SB the next logical step as far as upgrading from the Debut Carbon DC goes or would the new Debut Carbon EVO be a better option? 🤔

In your opinion, is the Debut Carbon Esprit SB the next logical step as far as upgrading from the Debut Carbon DC goes or would the new Debut Carbon EVO be a better option? 🤔

The Debut Carbon Esprit DC is discontinued. The Debut Carbon EVO is its replacement. And I agree with @BjorgenFjorgen .

if you are going to jump up, make the jump count. Save longer and think bigger.

You can add me too:

Table: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon
Cartridge: Ortofon 2m Red
Receiver: Pioneer SX-450
Speakers: Klipsch 41m

@CrazyDiamond84 Since we have the same receiver, do you notice a big difference with the preamp? Thing seem to work just fine w/out one for me - but maybe I don't know what I'm missing.
Nothing mid blowing, but definitely an improvement. The phono stage blew out in my pioneer, so was kind of forced to go this route.

No, it’s the same table but with a speed change and acrylic platter. It’d be a colossal waste of money for a better platter and a speed change. The X1/X2/Classic Evo or a pioneer Plx-1000 would be an actual upgrade.

Anyone with the Clamp-It ever just have it...stop clamping? For the last couple months 90% of the time I try to use it it just lifts right off the spindle. Not sure what's changed.

New and Improved Hi-FI System:

Turntable: Pro-ject X2 Turntable (Walnut)
Cartridge: Ortofon 2M Blue (MM)
Phono Preamplifier: N/A
Integrated Amplifier: Marantz PM8006 Integrated Amplifier with new Phono-EQ
Speakers: Revel Concerta2 F36 2 1/2-way Triple 6.5" Floorstanding Loudspeaker (White)
Speaker Cables: audioquest Rocket Series - Rocket 11
Audio Rack: NorStone Stäbbl HiFi Bamboo

Last edited:
I'm looking for some advice on a new cartridge... From what I understand about Ortofon and the precise and bright sound that comes with them, I don't think it's for me. I'm probably around 75% of the way through my Red that came with my Pro-Ject DC.

Can someone offer me a suggestion for something more forgiving that would be an overall improvement for me? I'm also pretty nervous about the idea of installing a new cart myself, so any reassurances or advice on that would be appreciated. My gear is all listed within my signature.

Cheers!

I'm looking for some advice on a new cartridge... From what I understand about Ortofon and the precise and bright sound that comes with them, I don't think it's for me. I'm probably around 75% of the way through my Red that came with my Pro-Ject DC.

Can someone offer me a suggestion for something more forgiving that would be an overall improvement for me? I'm also pretty nervous about the idea of installing a new cart myself, so any reassurances or advice on that would be appreciated. My gear is all listed within my signature.

Cheers!

I mean, a Blue stylus is a drop-in replacement and sounds way, way better than the Red, if you want to avoid mounting a new cart.

Cheers!

@kvetcha is right right, the blue is a better stylus in every way, big improvement in every way and the stylus swap is literally a clip on and off affair. The sound you talk about though is Grado territory though. Mounting a cart isn’t hard but it takes patience and care, there are a few of us who’ve done it now and some recommendations and tips knocking about around here.

Back