The Pro-Ject Pergola - Questions, Answers, Advice & Chat

I’m having static problems. I’m pretty sure my ground is properly connected to Schiit PreAmp. Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with Yamaha Receiver.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated. I just got the Mingus UD1S and the static is killing me.

I’m having static problems. I’m pretty sure my ground is properly connected to Schiit PreAmp. Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with Yamaha Receiver.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated. I just got the Mingus UD1S and the static is killing me.

Wet wash + a ZeroStat, though the latter isn't cheap.

Sometimes, the air is just dry and static happens.

I use a Thunderon Conductive Record Brush from Sleeve City. It works well for removing both static and dust, check out the video.

AND, right now code 4LEAFCLOVER gets you 15% off

Just ordered a 2M Blue 100th anniversary stylus. Getting close to needing a new needle anyway, and I figured if I might be inside most of the next couple weeks, I might as well. Curious to hear it.

Makes a huge difference, you get a lot more detail off the blue, it’s like a layer of fuzz has been taken off the records!

Well thought it was going to be a long-overdue Fresh Grabs post that got me over my anxiety of coming back to activity again but unfortunately it seems it’s going to be this.

About a month after getting the Pro-Ject X1 it appears to have died on me :cry: . Came down this morning to spin some wabi sabi and the power switch did nothing. No motor, no light. No nothing. Tried unplugging cables, swapping plugs, nothing. Tried to ring Analogue Seduction but got the engaged tone at each attempt, will try again tomorrow and email if no luck.

Sure it’ll get sorted but definitely a ballache I could do without.

Well thought it was going to be a long-overdue Fresh Grabs post that got me over my anxiety of coming back to activity again but unfortunately it seems it’s going to be this.

About a month after getting the Pro-Ject X1 it appears to have died on me :cry: . Came down this morning to spin some wabi sabi and the power switch did nothing. No motor, no light. No nothing. Tried unplugging cables, swapping plugs, nothing. Tried to ring Analogue Seduction but got the engaged tone at each attempt, will try again tomorrow and email if no luck.

Sure it’ll get sorted but definitely a ballache I could do without.

No power at all is weird. Hopefully thst suggests an issue with the adaptor rather than the table itself. Even if there was an issue with the motor you wouldn’t expect zero power, the light should still come on. I’ve only ever emailed analogue seduction when I’ve had issues, my phone calls have been when buying, and they’ve got back really quickly!

No power at all is weird. Hopefully thst suggests an issue with the adaptor rather than the table itself. Even if there was an issue with the motor you wouldn’t expect zero power, the light should still come on. I’ve only ever emailed analogue seduction when I’ve had issues, my phone calls have been when buying, and they’ve got back really quickly!
That was my (silent) hope too, that it might just be the power adapter/cable/plug causing the issue. I'm glad that it's a thought of yours too. I will definitely email tomorrow, was out and about a fair bit so only had chance to try a few times inbetween. Will give a final shout tomorrow morning before emailing, as you say – never had a problem with that channel before. Just wanted to cut down any initial problem solving back-and-forth by doing it on the phone!

That was my (silent) hope too, that it might just be the power adapter/cable/plug causing the issue. I'm glad that it's a thought of yours too. I will definitely email tomorrow, was out and about a fair bit so only had chance to try a few times inbetween. Will give a final shout tomorrow morning before emailing, as you say – never had a problem with that channel before. Just wanted to cut down any initial problem solving back-and-forth by doing it on the phone!

Yeah if the light was on and it wasn’t spinning or was at the wrong speed or going backwards or something I would be more worried it was the motor itself. It’s not a simple problem wit a plug socket or an adaptor strip/fuse on its plug?

Yeah if the light was on and it wasn’t spinning or was at the wrong speed or going backwards or something I would be more worried it was the motor itself. It’s not a simple problem wit a plug socket or an adaptor strip/fuse on its plug?
That's good to know at least! I don't believe it's something I can fix. I've tried different plug sockets, an adaptor, I don't believe(?) the plug has a fuse as it's one of the clip-on converter types. Not the traditional fixings to open a plug and change a fuse I recognise at least. I'd try a different plug but don't think I have any that would fit!

That's good to know at least! I don't believe it's something I can fix. I've tried different plug sockets, an adaptor, I don't believe(?) the plug has a fuse as it's one of the clip-on converter types. Not the traditional fixings to open a plug and change a fuse I recognise at least. I'd try a different plug but don't think I have any that would fit!

No it’s an AC to DC switching power supply so no fuse. I more meant if you were using a strip and it was the only thing plugged into it to check the strips plug. Long shot though because it’s likely that if you’ve it plugged into a strip that all your other components are too 😂

Last edited:
No it’s an AC to DC switching power supply so no fuse. I more meant if you were using a strip and it was the only thing plugged into it to check the strips plug. Long shot though because it’s likely that if you’ve it plugged into a stop that all your other components are too 😂
Ahh duh, haha 😅 yeh the adaptor I was using was 2 (amp+TT) and surge protected. Amp continued to come on, TT not so much. First thing I did was swap them around, then try just the TT into the main plug (no adapter). Nada. Really is bizarre honestly. Have used it every single day since it arrived. Was working fine last night. Popped down for a nice morning spin today and just completely non-responsive. Does it not realise I still have a load of records I want to play?

Ahh duh, haha 😅 yeh the adaptor I was using was 2 (amp+TT) and surge protected. Amp continued to come on, TT not so much. First thing I did was swap them around, then try just the TT into the main plug (no adapter). Nada. Really is bizarre honestly. Have used it every single day since it arrived. Was working fine last night. Popped down for a nice morning spin today and just completely non-responsive. Does it not realise I still have a load of records I want to play?

Well fingers crossed it’s just the power supply! It sure sounds like that’s the case. But talk it through with analogue seduction, I would say they’re first instinct is that too and that they’ll send you out a replacement adaptor (they cost peanuts) before they take the table back!

Hahaha yeah it’s a bigger about the records, especially right at the height of the new release season, I’ve tonnes of preorders due the next couple of months 😬

Well fingers crossed it’s just the power supply! It sure sounds like that’s the case. But talk it through with analogue seduction, I would say they’re first instinct is that too and that they’ll send you out a replacement adaptor (they cost peanuts) before they take the table back!

Hahaha yeah it’s a bigger about the records, especially right at the height of the new release season, I’ve tonnes of preorders due the next couple of months 😬
Ay here's to that, would certainly be a relief on both of our ends if it's just the power supply! it is indeed haha, and honestly new release season has been constant as someone new. Back when people were making lists of orders yet to arrive or release I was at 68 👀. Many have arrived now, but then again many others have also been ordered 😂. I haven't uh, kept my list up to date. I have slowed down a bit though, feeling as though I have a decent collection under me, crossing a load of genres and getting my main wants in. That said I did end up ordering both Fight Club's, and Mondo are restocking their The Last of Us soundtrack which I was literally looking at two days ago (~£110 on Discogs). So does one really know the line between too far and making excuses as to why this interest is so satisfying and the records a joy unto themselves? I'll keep pleading ignorance I think 😉

Ay here's to that, would certainly be a relief on both of our ends if it's just the power supply! it is indeed haha, and honestly new release season has been constant as someone new. Back when people were making lists of orders yet to arrive or release I was at 68 👀. Many have arrived now, but then again many others have also been ordered 😂. I haven't uh, kept my list up to date. I have slowed down a bit though, feeling as though I have a decent collection under me, crossing a load of genres and getting my main wants in. That said I did end up ordering both Fight Club's, and Mondo are restocking their The Last of Us soundtrack which I was literally looking at two days ago (~£110 on Discogs). So does one really know the line between too far and making excuses as to why this interest is so satisfying and the records a joy unto themselves? I'll keep pleading ignorance I think 😉

Hahaha! I’m 7 years into my collection with appeox 800 so I’m not accumulating as quickly as that but id be lying if I said that I didn’t have a pretty huge want list and pile of purchases this year outside of new release...

Hahaha! I’m 7 years into my collection with appeox 800 so I’m not accumulating as quickly as that but id be lying if I said that I didn’t have a pretty huge want list and pile of purchases this year outside of new release...
That's a pretty tidy collection, nice one! I don't doubt it at all, can't speak to other years but I'm glad I've come onboard at a time with so many things I'm interested in coming out or being repressed/restocked/re-released. Here's to us getting the rest of our growing want lists at good prices and without stress!

That's a pretty tidy collection, nice one! I don't doubt it at all, can't speak to other years but I'm glad I've come onboard at a time with so many things I'm interested in coming out or being repressed/restocked/re-released. Here's to us getting the rest of our growing want lists at good prices and without stress!

Thanks (we won’t mention the 600 odd CDs I’m still in possession of too...)

Yeah, to be honest it’s been this way since about 2015, I noticed a real acceleration around there. The thing that I don’t like is the limited bullshit, I’ve left so much reissued old stuff because you can’t afford and then it’s gone. I’m kind of over colour and limited, the first is nice but not essential and I hate the second, I’d rather lots of solid presses on black vinyl if it meant they stayed in press 😂

Thanks (we won’t mention the 600 odd CDs I’m still in possession of too...)

Yeah, to be honest it’s been this way since about 2015, I noticed a real acceleration around there. The thing that I don’t like is the limited bullshit, I’ve left so much reissued old stuff because you can’t afford and then it’s gone. I’m kind of over colour and limited, the first is nice but not essential and I hate the second, I’d rather lots of solid presses on black vinyl if it meant they stayed in press 😂
I can respect that. I might be a sucker for it but I distinctly hate FOMO. Colour I dig if it makes sense thematically or runs in tandem with the packaging. Now I have a number of them if it's not ticking those boxes then it needs to be a variant style I've not seen before for me to get interested above the music on it. I'm a fan of black vinyl though. There's something about the traditional look that works, especially with a focus on a nice label even if it's all yellow like the VMP Little Milton. Plus when I clean some, like Disque Debs' Cadence Revolution, there's something when it catches the light. An almost gold glitter under it. I don't know, but it's absolutely gorgeous.

I can respect that. I might be a sucker for it but I distinctly hate FOMO. Colour I dig if it makes sense thematically or runs in tandem with the packaging. Now I have a number of them if it's not ticking those boxes then it needs to be a variant style I've not seen before for me to get interested above the music on it. I'm a fan of black vinyl though. There's something about the traditional look that works, especially with a focus on a nice label even if it's all yellow like the VMP Little Milton. Plus when I clean some, like Disque Debs' Cadence Revolution, there's something when it catches the light. An almost gold glitter under it. I don't know, but it's absolutely gorgeous.

I suppose I just got burned by the whole VMP FOMO machine and ended up with a pile of albums I didn’t like. One of the many things I don't like about that company, but we diagress. I like a nice colour as much as anyone but it’s the whole fake fomo culture surrounding average remasters/presses on artificially limited things. I’m some ways I’ve enjoyed the second hand OGa that I’ve been hunting on discogs much more!

Back