The National

Yessss give us more of that classic sound!

Genuinely not sarcasm. Just keep doing what they’re doing. I don’t need an electronic, hip hop, dubstep, waporwave, fully pop, country, or metal National album.

yeah, but yr gonna get the sheerational take first...

1646972350479.png

he said it UNDER OATH that he's written 25 songs with a dessner

i know @AngryVal is super excited cos he loves the ginger muppet...

yeah, but yr gonna get the sheerational take first...

View attachment 131878

he said it UNDER OATH that he's written 25 songs with a dessner

i know @AngryVal is super excited cos he loves the ginger muppet...
He’s just doing a Taylor Swift. Dessner has multiple projects at all times but that doesn’t mean it’ll influence or even be a part of The National.

He’s just doing a Taylor Swift. Dessner has multiple projects at all times but that doesn’t mean it’ll influence or even be a part of The National.
Of course not but COME ON Aaron is too much of a genius to be working with Ed bloody Sheeran 🤢🤢🤢

[and yes I know it's not the hot takes thread but I cannot in good conscience let any Ed Sheeran mention go unpunished]

Of course not but COME ON Aaron is too much of a genius to be working with Ed bloody Sheeran 🤢🤢🤢

[and yes I know it's not the hot takes thread but I cannot in good conscience let any Ed Sheeran mention go unpunished]
People had the exact safe reaction when it was announced that he collaborated with Taylor Swift. Big deal! Now carry on...

Well, didn't realise there were so many Ed Sheeran fans in the crowd. My bad...
I'm not an Ed Sheeran fan by any means, although I do respect his art. I just don't understand why people have to poo poo Aaron 💩 because he chose to collaborate with him 🤷‍♂️ It's a business decision which will likely give him more exposure. Now what's wrong with that?

Last edited:
Nothing dude - I am
I'm not an Ed Sheeran fan by any means, although I do respect his art. I just don't understand why people have to poo poo Aaron 💩 because he chose to collaborate with him 🤷‍♂️ It's a business decision which will likely give him more exposure. Now what's wrong with that?
Nothing wrong with it at all - bought the two Tay Tay albums Dessner produced because they are excellent.

I'm just taking the piss at the expense of Ed Sheeran - clearly my Aussie sarcasm not quite coming off well!

I don’t like Ed Sheeran at all. And to me it just sounds like he’s trying to chase the success of Taylor Swift (which to me seems like what he’s been doing for a while but he holds not even half the talent she has). But he’s so uninteresting and bland. Aaron can work with him all he wants to, that’s fine. I expected the demand for him to grow. But I don’t see the appeal with Sheeran’s music, and I don’t think Aaron will make it more appealing.

Also I do just want more National music now please.

I don't like Ed Sheeran but I used to say the same about Taylor Swift. I ended buying her two albums Aaron worked on and both are excellent. I want to ear what they do together.

They have been hinting at "more soon" recently, but now I am wondering if that just means more festival dates. No thanks on that.

I don't think we'll get a full American tour until 2023. Maybe they'll do something at the end of this year but if there's an album brewing, they'll need some flexibility to promote it.

Back