The National

When will they announce the 2022 tour? They had said more dates were going to be announced for the US and Europe for next year, but they've been so silent lately...not one bit of news. I get that Aaron is busy with Big Red Machine, but I haven't even seen Matt post anything on Instagram recently. I wonder if something is coming...or do I just want something to be coming?

Anyway, the new Big Red Machine is great. Way better than I expected. Love love love it.

That's awesome! I've been to that shop in Portland twice and been very unimpressed, so that's s double-score!
I was underwhelmed at first. Walked right by the new release section and couldn't find anything I wanted in the regular A-Z section. It was totally by accident that I spotted the new arrivals / used section. The 7" was literally just sitting there waiting for me - it wasn't filed in with others, it was sideways in the bin right in front. I think that might have been only the third time I've made an audible gasp when finding a record. I have a copy, but I ended up buying it for my daughter who is beyond thrilled. I also grabbed the new MMJ and the latest Dawes.

I will say the guys behind the register were great. They asked if I had an account, and I said I had only ordered online, this was the first time I was in store. He pulled mine up and saw that I had two existing accounts, so he merged them and said I had enough points for half off the MMJ.

I was underwhelmed at first. Walked right by the new release section and couldn't find anything I wanted in the regular A-Z section. It was totally by accident that I spotted the new arrivals / used section. The 7" was literally just sitting there waiting for me - it wasn't filed in with others, it was sideways in the bin right in front. I think that might have been only the third time I've made an audible gasp when finding a record. I have a copy, but I ended up buying it for my daughter who is beyond thrilled. I also grabbed the new MMJ and the latest Dawes.

I will say the guys behind the register were great. They asked if I had an account, and I said I had only ordered online, this was the first time I was in store. He pulled mine up and saw that I had two existing accounts, so he merged them and said I had enough points for half off the MMJ.
Timing is everything I suppose. :D Last time I was there (early last month), I thought I might have to check for pulses in the two people working the counter, but eventually decided it was easier to just leave. I actually was in Brunswick, ME, though, about 30 min. north, so just realizing it probably wasn't the same place you mentioned. Oops... Anyway, very cool find.

Timing is everything I suppose. :D Last time I was there (early last month), I thought I might have to check for pulses in the two people working the counter, but eventually decided it was easier to just leave. I actually was in Brunswick, ME, though, about 30 min. north, so just realizing it probably wasn't the same place you mentioned. Oops... Anyway, very cool find.
Technically, it was the South Portland location. It appears that the downtown Portland one is closed for good? Was that the store where they fired people / weren't requiring masks or something like that? I recall there was some controversy not too long ago.

Anyway, we were staying in Old Port, and if it weren't windy and a bit chilly, we probably would have walked the 1.2 miles to the store. Glad we ubered instead, as it seemed like a much longer walk than we would have liked as we drove over the bridge on the bay. Absolutely love the city, and look forward to going back soon.

And, to keep this post on topic, we considered going to the Nat's Portland show in 2019 that was not at the State Theatre, but at Thompson's Point. I recall all too well, it poured at that show (we were at the DC show the night before and flew to Montreal that morning of the Maine show) That was the night that the Nat's bus hit a moose on the drive to Montreal :oops:

We were up in Portland, ME last week to see Goose at the State Theatre. Did some record shopping at Bullmoose and was shocked to find this sitting there in (used) new arrivals. I have NEVER seen a Nats single out in the wild.View attachment 116324
I bought the UK version of this at an HMV in London while on vacation for my 21st birthday...14 years ago. :oops:

Happy to see that Matt's Serpentine Prison got a "Best Recording Package" Grammy nod (I'm a graphic/web designer, so I love this stuff)

Not surprised that Tay Tay got a nom, Aaron has tweeted about it.

Since The Nats have been announcing European dates, I'm expecting to hear about US shows soon... maybe announced next week? Have a strong feeling that Homecoming 2.0 might actually happen, perhaps in May? I'm terrified that there will be conflicts with rescheduled Pearl Jam dates :eek:

Happy to see that Matt's Serpentine Prison got a "Best Recording Package" Grammy nod (I'm a graphic/web designer, so I love this stuff)

Not surprised that Tay Tay got a nom, Aaron has tweeted about it.

Since The Nats have been announcing European dates, I'm expecting to hear about US shows soon... maybe announced next week? Have a strong feeling that Homecoming 2.0 might actually happen, perhaps in May? I'm terrified that there will be conflicts with rescheduled Pearl Jam dates :eek:
Oh yeah a nice surprise to see Serpentine Prison get nominated for that. Genuinely when I got the record last year I thought it was the most beautifully designed package of a record I had gotten in a long time.

Also feel you about the tour dates. They’ve finally started slowly updating things so a US tour seems inevitable soon

Just came to post that. New song or is that from the Cyrano soundtrack?

Edit: Seeing that this is the song "Somebody Desperate" that will appear on the Cyrano soundtrack.

Just came to post that. New song or is that from the Cyrano soundtrack?

Edit: Seeing that this is the song "Somebody Desperate" that will appear on the Cyrano soundtrack.
yeah before I saw your comment I was going to guess it was the soundtrack. I never care that much about bands doing soundtracks but maybe I'll check this one out since Matt is singing on it.

Back