The National

Update from the National:

Tickets are now on sale for six European and UK shows scheduled to take place in June 2022. Additional 2022 performances by The National in Europe, the UK and the US are planned and will be announced in the coming months.

Light Years, The National's 240-page book collaboration with longtime photographer and friend of the band Graham MacIndoe, is currently in transit from the printer in Europe to our merchandise distribution centers. We expect pre-ordered copies of Light Years to begin shipping in late June/early July. Thank you for your continued patience. We will post here again and on band socials when Light Years is in stock for immediate purchase. For more details on Light Years, visit the Store.

The 2020 Cherry Tree premium, an exclusive double live album recorded at Stubbs BBQ in Austin, TX in October 2018, is in transit from the vinyl pressing plant, and should begin to ship to eligible members by June 25. Again, we greatly appreciate your patience as we waited for this project to be pressed and delivered.

The 2020 Cherry Tree premium, an exclusive double live album recorded at Stubbs BBQ in Austin, TX in October 2018, is in transit from the vinyl pressing plant, and should begin to ship to eligible members by June 25. Again, we greatly appreciate your patience as we waited for this project to be pressed and delivered.
Yesssssss

Update from the National:

Tickets are now on sale for six European and UK shows scheduled to take place in June 2022. Additional 2022 performances by The National in Europe, the UK and the US are planned and will be announced in the coming months.

Light Years, The National's 240-page book collaboration with longtime photographer and friend of the band Graham MacIndoe, is currently in transit from the printer in Europe to our merchandise distribution centers. We expect pre-ordered copies of Light Years to begin shipping in late June/early July. Thank you for your continued patience. We will post here again and on band socials when Light Years is in stock for immediate purchase. For more details on Light Years, visit the Store.

So this isn't a new era yet? Damn.

They changed their profile pics on social media to the big N. It's similar to the N logo they had in between TWFM and SWB (I think that time frame is right). So it doesn't necessarily signal a new era.

But those whiteboards Matt posted...and the band all being together recently...and and new website updated...I want new music...

Should say I am still happy that the Light Years book (vinyl) and CT3 are on track. Sadly a bit later than I expected for CT3, but I'll live. It'll be worth the wait.

Ooh that news also says more UK and US dates for next year will be announced "in the coming months." Nothing about Homecoming, but I'm thinking it's a possibility. Even if it's not, getting to see them live again is something I've been looking forward to for too long now.

Ooh that news also says more UK and US dates for next year will be announced "in the coming months." Nothing about Homecoming, but I'm thinking it's a possibility. Even if it's not, getting to see them live again is something I've been looking forward to for too long now.
I agree, Homecoming is still a possibility, if not likely. This announcement makes me happy as I was afraid they’d rush the announcement and the fest would be this fall… hoping it’s next spring. Now, I’m terrified that pearl jam dates may conflict with the Nats 😱

I will be SOOOO happy if we get a Homecoming this year. With the brand new Icon Music Center right there too, I can definitely see them taking advantage

So I know it's not The National, but what does everyone think of the two new Big Red Machine tracks?

The first one is Justin and Anais Mitchell singing, and it's really nice.

The newest one is just Aaron taking full lead vocals and playing acoustic guitar and it's so much better than I thought it was going to be. I really like his style of singing on here.

So I know it's not The National, but what does everyone think of the two new Big Red Machine tracks?

The newest one is just Aaron taking full lead vocals and playing acoustic guitar and it's so much better than I thought it was going to be. I really like his style of singing on here.
I have never been big on Big Red Machine. I think it suffered from just bad timing when their first album was released. But this one feels like it could be the one that sets it apart from their respective side projects.

I love Aaron's vocals on The Ghost of Cincinnati. Reminiscent of Elliott Smith. Really looking forward to hearing more of this album.

I have never been big on Big Red Machine. I think it suffered from just bad timing when their first album was released. But this one feels like it could be the one that sets it apart from their respective side projects.
Yeah that's about how I feel too. I liked their first one, but I didn't love it and I haven't played it too much. This one definitely sounds like it's going to be better, honestly. I have high hopes this time around.

edit: liked it in the sense that it was nice, and some song stood out, but it didn't stand out as a whole

If any of you guys and gals on the other side of the pond need a new variant of Boxer:

The National –Boxer

The fourth album from Cincinnati natives The National first arrived in 2007 and was their first on a major label, and while its impact wasn’t as big as that of its follow-up High Violet, which saw them break into the Billboard Chart’s top five for the first time, Boxer did make inroads into European charts and also includes two contributions from Sufjan Stevens, for whom Bryce Dessner had been a touring band member for some years and who just happens to live in the same New York neighbourhood as the Dessner brothers.

Boxer joins our centenary line-up with a new and exclusive repress on gold vinyl and limited to only 500 copies.

3Q4yiwZ.jpg

If any of you guys and gals on the other side of the pond need a new variant of Boxer:

The National –Boxer

The fourth album from Cincinnati natives The National first arrived in 2007 and was their first on a major label, and while its impact wasn’t as big as that of its follow-up High Violet, which saw them break into the Billboard Chart’s top five for the first time, Boxer did make inroads into European charts and also includes two contributions from Sufjan Stevens, for whom Bryce Dessner had been a touring band member for some years and who just happens to live in the same New York neighbourhood as the Dessner brothers.

Boxer joins our centenary line-up with a new and exclusive repress on gold vinyl and limited to only 500 copies.

3Q4yiwZ.jpg

If this is available online, I am going to try to get it even though I have at least 5 copies of this record.

The National –Boxer

3Q4yiwZ.jpg

If this is available online, I am going to try to get it even though I have at least 5 copies of this record.
Their website says there will be some. Might be difficult trying to snag one and who knows with UK shipping and prices too.

8F73C9F5-B4D8-4A1A-A8FC-2C6F5CBAF288.jpeg

The National –Boxer

3Q4yiwZ.jpg

Anybody think there will ever be a wider reissue of the Live in Brussels RSD release? It starts at $135 on discogs and goes up (way up) from there.

Anybody think there will ever be a wider reissue of the Live in Brussels RSD release? It starts at $135 on discogs and goes up (way up) from there.

I don't think so, I really don't. I feel like some bands feel no need to repress limited things ever again. The National aren't exactly hurting for cash so I think it doesn't happen, but I guess you can never say never.

I don't think so, I really don't. I feel like some bands feel no need to repress limited things ever again. The National aren't exactly hurting for cash so I think it doesn't happen, but I guess you can never say never.
That's my thought also. This one feels more probable to me than something like a re-release of A Lot of Sorrow, for sure, but I'm not optimistic. Still, another small run as a CT exclusive or something would be nice. I passed up on Light Years on purpose, but I would like a copy of this one.

The National –Boxer

3Q4yiwZ.jpg
Yeahhh I think I want this even though I have multiple copies… but it says it only ships to the UK.

I like the two aforementioned tracks and I love the third single "Renegade (feat. Taylor Swift)" which was just released today. That being said, I hope they don't release too many more singles prior to the album drop. This is one of my most anticipated albums of the year.

Back