The National

Looking forward to the day when we give up and accept that SWB is their best album.
I love SWB and listen to it probably the most of any of their albums.
Side C is absolute perfection: Empire Line > I’ll Still Destroy You > Guilty Party but the entire album is brilliant, and yes, I even love Turtleneck.

Two years ago today, I was at Union Transfer seeing the National. It was the first of three shows in a row, followed by WXPN Non-Comm on Thursday and iHeart Radio in NYC on Friday. I miss live shows. I miss the National.

Listening to the boot of the UT show now. Video is up on youtube.

They're going back to Primavera Sound in June 2022. So maybe the US gets a fall 2022 tour?

They're going back to Primavera Sound in June 2022. So maybe the US gets a fall 2022 tour?
I think that's likely. We still have tix to two shows in Ireland in June 2022 - I'd expect US shows starting in or around July.

I have this gut feeling that they did some recording when they were in Hudson, NY for the Dessners bday. I wouldn't be shocked if we get a new album before the end of this year. Really hoping that they are able to reschedule Homecoming. I was wearing my Homecoming shirt the other day and was reminded of just how great that lineup was.

According to the meteorological metrics, Spring 2021 ends on Tuesday, June 1st.

That means our Cherry Tree Volume 3 albums are shipping this week!!!!

*cries to self, knowing these will probably ship summer or later*

I randomly checked the Matt Berninger webstore, and there are a handful of unsigned deluxe copies of Serpentine Prison in turquoise marble and grey marble available. Single-digit amounts of each remain.

Turquoise marble:

Grey marble:

Back