The National

Thanks for the update. I’ve been so bitter about missing out on the cherry tree editions that I’ve stubbornly held off buying the self titled (the only one I need) Looks like I’ll grab the black version.
Totally agree with @bjshawk1980 The sound on these is excellent. I‘m sorry that you missed out on the splits, but I do encourage you to buy the black.

I think I’ve mentioned going to that previously on here but it was easily one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. The whole setting and experience was so cool.
It’s one of the shows I most wish I was able to go to. Like the early IAETF shows would have been cool, but this one is much cooler to me.

It’s one of the shows I most wish I was able to go to. Like the early IAETF shows would have been cool, but this one is much cooler to me.
Yeah and hearing those songs live for the first time was such a cool experience. I could tell right away “I’ll Still Destroy You”, “Nobody Else Will Be There” and “Carin at the Liquor Store” were going to be favorites. Also hearing “Turtleneck” was such a what the fuck experience. I also never really cared for “Wasp Nest” but seeing it live made it one of my all time favorites

I suspect that album might be beyond remastering. It would probably need to be re-recorded wholesale to make it sound good on vinyl.
Sadly, I agree. I think that my black pressing sounds better than the lime green one, but I'd have to listen again to be sure. I usually grab the black one so I think there's a reason why.

Yeah and hearing those songs live for the first time was such a cool experience. I could tell right away “I’ll Still Destroy You”, “Nobody Else Will Be There” and “Carin at the Liquor Store” were going to be favorites. Also hearing “Turtleneck” was such a what the fuck experience. I also never really cared for “Wasp Nest” but seeing it live made it one of my all time favorites

I'll Still Destroy You kills me every time I hear it - so damn great. NEWBT is such a great opener. It took me awhile until I finally "got" Turtleneck, but I love it now. Empire Line=:love:

I absolutely Love SWB

I'll Still Destroy You kills me every time I hear it - so damn great. NEWBT is such a great opener. It took me awhile until I finally "got" Turtleneck, but I love it now. Empire Line=:love:

I absolutely Love SWB
Seeing Turtleneck live (I mean, from the live show...they didn't play it live when I saw them the past two times) really made me love it. I'll Still Destroy You has definitely been my favorite since first hearing the album and I still adore it. Walk It Back is currently right now the one I keep wanting to listen to, especially live...I think it really comes to life even more.

Wtf. I swore I ordered the CT exclusive of the s/t album. I even added it to my list of preorders to track. But here I am going through my email, looking for a shipping notice, and I can’t even find an order confirmation email. I wonder if I forgot to click through the last step of the ordering process or something. That’s disappointing.

Is it just me or are secondhand prices of National's stuff creeping up like crazy? I liked them a lot better before they were everybody else's favorite band too. I remember I got the Brassland colored pressings back in 2010 and they were not that hard to get, oh how times have changed.

I sold my OG Cherry Tree and bought these three with money left over. The new Cherry Tree sounds A LOT better. I also like that it is a 12 inch.
I should sell that and my OG Sad Songs some day. Always bugged me the original Sad Songs omitted Fashion Coat

Wtf. I swore I ordered the CT exclusive of the s/t album. I even added it to my list of preorders to track. But here I am going through my email, looking for a shipping notice, and I can’t even find an order confirmation email. I wonder if I forgot to click through the last step of the ordering process or something. That’s disappointing.
If you log in to your CT account, you can look at your order history. Hope you ordered it!

Is it just me or are secondhand prices of National's stuff creeping up like crazy? I liked them a lot better before they were everybody else's favorite band too. I remember I got the Brassland colored pressings back in 2010 and they were not that hard to get, oh how times have changed.
It’s not just you, I’ve noticed the increase over the past few years as well.

I think there's an odd up-tick across the board on Cogs lately, seems everything on my want list has gone up.

So, now that we know they recorded the Forest Hill shows...let's get that pressed to vinyl in a nice box set.

PLEASE.

Spinning IAETF again tonight. Sometimes I neglect this album, but damn it hits the spot right now. Where Is Her Head > Not In Kansas > So Far So Fast is an incredible run.

So, now that we know they recorded the Forest Hill shows...let's get that pressed to vinyl in a nice box set.

PLEASE.

Spinning IAETF again tonight. Sometimes I neglect this album, but damn it hits the spot right now. Where Is Her Head > Not In Kansas > So Far So Fast is an incredible run.
I’m happy to wait til next year’s CT gift for the full show.
I’d also accept a 10LP box set of all three Forest Hills gigs on wax.

Any and all live National on wax is needed!

Back