The National

Pretty sure "sharing" files is the issue. You can own them, but you can't share them, and that's what you're promoting here. There's a ton of things you're "allowed" to have in your possession, but not if you've obtained them illegally. Obviously you can do what you want, but maybe a public forum isn't the place to do it.

🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

I have zero guilt downloading mp3s when I've already given an artist $20+ for an LP.

I have zero guilt downloading mp3s normally, because literally all my favorite artists have become my favorites that way. In turn, I like them enough to support them and buy merch or go see them perform. The National being a prime example of that. If I didn't download all their albums in 2009 I would not be a fan today. I've given them probably $2000 through albums, merch, seeing them live 8 times and much more.

I would like less music if there was a bigger barrier to entry. To be fair, sometimes I download an album by a new artist and don't like it enough to buy anything from them, but that can happen with streaming too. An artist may make half a cent from me on an album stream on Spotify, or nothing because I pirated their mp3s. 🤷‍♂️

Seems the CT exclusive are selling out. I had them in my cart 10 mins ago, now can't add them
I’m bummed. I was trying to see what they were limited too and now I can’t add them. Cherry Tree exclusive is not even on the store anymore. I already own all of them but I’m a national variant collector.

I guess Cherry Tree remains the most popular early release from the band. Huh.

Looks like S/T and SS are still there though. For me I’m much more excited to get a new color for S/T cause I only have that one on black. Missed that blue reissue they did years ago.

I guess Cherry Tree remains the most popular early release from the band. Huh.

Looks like S/T and SS are still there though. For me I’m much more excited to get a new color for S/T cause I only have that one on black. Missed that blue reissue they did years ago.
They are there but sold out when trying to add to cart. Oh well...I'll keep trying

I kept refreshing and I was able to get the splits for S/T and SSFDL. Will have to get Cherry Tree on they secondary unless they restock.

Last edited:
Yeah, they are all showing as sold out now. I'll keep checking and if they reappear try and grab you one.
It bothers me that these are even remotely limited. Make it one per membership abd press enough for every Cherry Tree membership.

It bothers me that these are even remotely limited. Make it one per membership abd press enough for every Cherry Tree membership.
Especially since they’re not shipping until fricking February. Leave the member preorder open for a week (at one per member) then press how many you need.

I get having a 2 limit. One for you and one as a gift for someone. Instead, it will be one for you, maybe, and one to two to flip.

I get having a 2 limit. One for you and one as a gift for someone. Instead, it will be one for you, maybe, and one to two to flip.
Nah. If you want to get a gift for someone get them a membership. Member exclusives should be exclusive to members.

I wonder if they might do like the Matt solo album and do another variant, and then another variant.
Yep but that was through 2nd City prints and they always so extra colors once one sells out. I hope cherry tree does the same thing.

Back