The National

Hoping they announce soon, but CT Vol 2 was delayed so I expect Vol 3 won't get here til early 2021.

At this rate, we will be lucky if we get something by August. This time last year they had at least said they were in production. Not even an update so far.

New Taylor Swift album to be released tonight. Evermore features HAIM, Bon Iver and... The National :)

Eo4OVIoWMAkTPDS

I hope not, I want a new National album but you may be right. That is the building on sleep well beast so part of me thinks it is National related. It could also
That is the farmhouse in the Hudson Valley in New York were Sleep Well Beast was recorded but it is also where evermore was recorded as well. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I don't think it's National-related. Though I can dream... Honestly there's probably more of a chance of a new Big Red Machine album really soon, not The National. Though who knows if Matt has been writing anything. I have no idea.

I don't think it's National-related. Though I can dream... Honestly there's probably more of a chance of a new Big Red Machine album really soon, not The National. Though who knows if Matt has been writing anything. I have no idea.

i might have misheard / misunderstoof her intent, but t swiz on the zane lowe interview podcast thingy for apple music indicated that the evermore sessions started out as big red machine and morphed along the way

i might have misheard / misunderstoof her intent, but t swiz on the zane lowe interview podcast thingy for apple music indicated that the evermore sessions started out as big red machine and morphed along the way
Yeah I watched that too haha. But they had been hinting at it for a few months now. Unsure whether or not all that material wound up being evermore or if there was more that they had already finished.

There is definitely a new BRM album on the way. Justin Vermon confirned as much when the Michael Stipe track "No Time For Love Like Now" was released as it is supposed to be featured on the new album. As well Aaron Desner teased it while sharing a list of working titles after Foklore dropped.

Last edited:
Really getting back into IAETF. I think The Pull Of You is incredible and it was never quite a huge standout to me before. But the lyrics...

"I'm either at the bottom of a well or spinning into somebody's outdoor glass furniture"

and

"I know I can get attached then un-attached to my own versions of others"

So good.

That is all.

I still probably wouldn't put the album up in my top tier, but there's so much I love about it.

Oh also Taylor's "Coney Island" ft. the band continues to grow and grow on me. I'm sure there are some Taylor fans who don't like it (Matt's voice), but I love it. I think this time around it's better than Justin Vernon's part on the closing track. But Exile is still probably the best duet on either album.

There were some odd interviews a little after TWFM where Matt said that could have been their last album. Took them a bit to release SWB but I’m so happy it was not the case.

They strike me as a band that enjoys playing coy with their plans. If they say they’re not recording or they’re in early talks to record, I can’t say what they’re up to exactly but I’d bet money it’s neither of those scenarios.

Back