The National

Well I know we all groused about the price of this one when it went up for pre-order, but it sure is a nice package. My plastic outer is a bit cracked on one corner, but the records are flat and quiet, the book is really nice, and the extra signed gatefold is a thoughtful touch (even if I’m not sure yet exactly what I’m going to do with it).

Also it sounds great - the album itself definitely rewards active listening on vinyl, and the bonus songs are fantastic. With prices going up all over the place it’s nice to feel like I‘m happy with where my 60 bucks went.

Between this and folklore (which should be shipping in the next couple of weeks?) it sure has been an enjoyable National year for a year with no National album (or tour). Just need to bring it home with CT3...
Yes feeling the same way. The price seemed excessive, but I am so happy with the overall package, plus the music...and the bonus disc...I mean, it really brings me so much joy. Gonna be framing that signed sleeve this week. Also yeah I'm looking forward to finally getting those folklore records. But this album from Matt...it continues to call my name. I just keep wanting to put it on instead of other stuff.

I'm really enjoying this Berninger album as well. Mine didn't come with a download code and I don't know if any of the versions do, but if so, to those of you who have purchased multiple variants, anyone with an 'extra' download code you'd be willing to share? It would be cool to be able to listen to this on the move, so thought I'd ask.

Yes feeling the same way. The price seemed excessive, but I am so happy with the overall package, plus the music...and the bonus disc...I mean, it really brings me so much joy. Gonna be framing that signed sleeve this week. Also yeah I'm looking forward to finally getting those folklore records. But this album from Matt...it continues to call my name. I just keep wanting to put it on instead of other stuff.
I think that the book and bonus tracks make the whole project feel a lot more collaborative and fun. The second LP sounds like a group of friends having a good time.

I think that the book and bonus tracks make the whole project feel a lot more collaborative and fun. The second LP sounds like a group of friends having a good time.
I still haven't listened to the bonus tracks. I'm impatient to begin with so it's really disappointing that I haven't yet received any of the 4 variants I ordered from Matt's website. I'm guessing that the turquoise marble will ship with the test press, which I believe was delayed to next week.

I still haven't listened to the bonus tracks. I'm impatient to begin with so it's really disappointing that I haven't yet received any of the 4 variants I ordered from Matt's website. I'm guessing that the turquoise marble will ship with the test press, which I believe was delayed to next week.
I waited for the LP to arrive to listen to the bonus tracks too. Hope you get yours soon!

I've sent 2 emails over the last 2 weeks and haven't heard anything. I think I may file a chargeback because that will get them to respond....

From Matt's site so second city prints
Damn that’s a shame. I had no issues and neither did my buddy. We ordered the turquoise deluxe signed and both got them within a few days of each other after that initial delay. Sounds like they had issues with the test pressing. My tracking was messed up I believe and I ended up getting the album and getting the tracking a day later.

I usually threaten a chargeback on smaller companies like that if they don’t respond after an email or two instead of jumping to doing a chargeback because it can really screw over a smaller company. I know it’s frustrating though.

Damn that’s a shame. I had no issues and neither did my buddy. We ordered the turquoise deluxe signed and both got them within a few days of each other after that initial delay. Sounds like they had issues with the test pressing. My tracking was messed up I believe and I ended up getting the album and getting the tracking a day later.

I usually threaten a chargeback on smaller companies like that if they don’t respond after an email or two instead of jumping to doing a chargeback because it can really screw over a smaller company. I know it’s frustrating though.

Yeah my grey deluxe copy has a scratch and a ton of surface noise. I sent them an email, heard nothing in like 10 days then sent another asking for a reply and nothing in almost a week. If I don't hear anything by the middle of this coming week I'll escalate it.

Did anyone here order a test pressing? I preordered every variant except the standard black from Matt’s website and still haven’t received anything. I emailed a few days ago, no response. the test press and turquoise marble were in the same order, so maybe they’ll ship together, but at this point I honestly have no idea if I’ll even get it. Starting to freak out a bit.

Did anyone here order a test pressing? I preordered every variant except the standard black from Matt’s website and still haven’t received anything. I emailed a few days ago, no response. the test press and turquoise marble were in the same order, so maybe they’ll ship together, but at this point I honestly have no idea if I’ll even get it. Starting to freak out a bit.
I did. It's been beyond frustrating. I emailed 4 times for updates...finally on the 4th try they replied with this:

"Our apologies for the delay, as we've been behind on COVID. We should be getting these test pressings this week, so the hope is to ship next week. So as soon as tracking is available, it will be emailed to you."

I did. It's been beyond frustrating. I emailed 4 times for updates...finally on the 4th try they replied with this:

"Our apologies for the delay, as we've been behind on COVID. We should be getting these test pressings this week, so the hope is to ship next week. So as soon as tracking is available, it will be emailed to you."
I sent another email today asking if my turquoise marble will ship with the test pressing. I'm more than a bit worried that if there are no replacements and they didn't set one aside for me, I'm out of luck. Still no reply to either email. I'm really disappointed. Wish it had been handled through Cherry Tree as their cust service has been fantastic.

Back