The National

My vinylmnky sea blue variant has arrived, and as I feared, the edge is sharp and caused a seam split and there is a pretty bad warp. It seems to play ok though (almost thru side 1) Hoping the ones from his shop are in better condition.
2CC14C2A-80C7-4B97-961F-233AF87A1CBF.jpeg

It came!! And super early in the day! Very happy I took the day off today.

Anyway, as it turns out the signed sleeve is its own thing which is nice cause now I know I can frame it...if my girlfriend can put up with a fourth National-related framed art piece.

Also the packaging is so much cooler than I expected it to be. Nice slipcover, beautiful looking booklet...I am very happy with it all.

DA17D0C0-29A0-439A-9DA2-5496E5749999.jpeg85A143D7-B4CD-4F94-A5B7-4976701EA58C.jpeg

It came!! And super early in the day! Very happy I took the day off today.

Anyway, as it turns out the signed sleeve is its own thing which is nice cause now I know I can frame it...if my girlfriend can put up with a fourth National-related framed art piece.

Also the packaging is so much cooler than I expected it to be. Nice slipcover, beautiful looking booklet...I am very happy with it all.

View attachment 72227View attachment 72228
Mine got updated, and will be getting it today! BEYOND Pumped! Looks great

Mine got updated, and will be getting it today! BEYOND Pumped! Looks great
Mine finally just updated as well, but it’s still in Chicago with an estimated delivery of Tuesday.

notgonnagetangryaboutshippingdelaysinapandemic notgonnagetangryaboutshippingdelaysinapandemic notgonnagetangryaboutshippingdelaysinapandemic notgonnagetangryaboutshippingdelaysinapandemic notgonnagetangryaboutshippingdelaysinapandemic

My vinylmnky sea blue variant has arrived, and as I feared, the edge is sharp and caused a seam split and there is a pretty bad warp. It seems to play ok though (almost thru side 1) Hoping the ones from his shop are in better condition.
View attachment 72085
I have this same one and it plays fine. Although I do use a small weight on my TT that mitigates any warps. I didn't see any noticeable ones on my copy.

Mine finally just updated as well, but it’s still in Chicago with an estimated delivery of Tuesday.

notgonnagetangryaboutshippingdelaysinapandemic notgonnagetangryaboutshippingdelaysinapandemic notgonnagetangryaboutshippingdelaysinapandemic notgonnagetangryaboutshippingdelaysinapandemic notgonnagetangryaboutshippingdelaysinapandemic
Pandemic is a funny way to spell Louis DeJoy.

These extra songs are really nice. It’s interesting that all these covers are nearly entirely more upbeat and busy sounding than any of the originals on the standard album. It’s a nice bonus, to get some more upbeat stuff after the album...which I love and was made all the more apparent when I listened to it today on vinyl. So nice.

The packaging and quality is amazing. Shocked at how heavy it was. mostly due to beautiful album booklet. Looks like he might be going for a packaging grammy lol

oztrayan tour with phoebe bridgers originally scheduled for last march / april and then moved to december now officially just cancelled

don't think we'll see either artist here til 2023 at the earliest @AngryVal :'(

Signed grey marble came in. Half way through. Packaging was outstanding. The outer plastic was coming a part a little and was a pain to get into a sleeve city sleeve but it's in. Unfortuantely there's a scratch on song 2 of B side on disc 1. Hopefully there's good cs.

Signed grey marble came in. Half way through. Packaging was outstanding. The outer plastic was coming a part a little and was a pain to get into a sleeve city sleeve but it's in. Unfortuantely there's a scratch on song 2 of B side on disc 1. Hopefully there's good cs.
Lmk if you can get through to them. I sent an email on Monday then left a voicemail Wednesday and haven’t heard back yet about my grey deluxe version that never made it to me.

I have this same one and it plays fine. Although I do use a small weight on my TT that mitigates any warps. I didn't see any noticeable ones on my copy.
I have a record clamp and honestly, even without it, the record plays fine, even the first tracks on either side. It's pretty noticeable visually, but it sounds fine. Two friends who have this pressing also have the same issue. Once I get one of my other copies, I may try to flatten the warp out and file the rough edge a bit.

Received my basic black vinyl version of the Berninger album from the Target sale. Flat, clean, and quiet. Really nice album. Only downside is the absence of a download code :(

My signed gray swirl finally arrived this morning. Haven’t had a chance to open it yet, will get into it tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how late Halloween goes.

Well I know we all groused about the price of this one when it went up for pre-order, but it sure is a nice package. My plastic outer is a bit cracked on one corner, but the records are flat and quiet, the book is really nice, and the extra signed gatefold is a thoughtful touch (even if I’m not sure yet exactly what I’m going to do with it).

Also it sounds great - the album itself definitely rewards active listening on vinyl, and the bonus songs are fantastic. With prices going up all over the place it’s nice to feel like I‘m happy with where my 60 bucks went.

Between this and folklore (which should be shipping in the next couple of weeks?) it sure has been an enjoyable National year for a year with no National album (or tour). Just need to bring it home with CT3...

Well I know we all groused about the price of this one when it went up for pre-order, but it sure is a nice package. My plastic outer is a bit cracked on one corner, but the records are flat and quiet, the book is really nice, and the extra signed gatefold is a thoughtful touch (even if I’m not sure yet exactly what I’m going to do with it).

Also it sounds great - the album itself definitely rewards active listening on vinyl, and the bonus songs are fantastic. With prices going up all over the place it’s nice to feel like I‘m happy with where my 60 bucks went.

Between this and folklore (which should be shipping in the next couple of weeks?) it sure has been an enjoyable National year for a year with no National album (or tour). Just need to bring it home with CT3...
Bryan's solo record in December, too!

Back