The National

So far, two friends of mine have their copies - one is the black vinyl, and it's severely warped. Another received the vinylmnky sea blue - slightly warped, edges are razor sharp which cause seam splits. I have pre-ordered 5 different variants, and all I have so far is a notification that a shipping label has been created for the sea blue.

Has anyone received a good copy yet? I'm really worried that they are all messed up and I dropped a LOT of money on these.

So far, two friends of mine have their copies - one is the black vinyl, and it's severely warped. Another received the vinylmnky sea blue - slightly warped, edges are razor sharp which cause seam splits. I have pre-ordered 5 different variants, and all I have so far is a notification that a shipping label has been created for the sea blue.

Has anyone received a good copy yet? I'm really worried that they are all messed up and I dropped a LOT of money on these.
I just spun my copy - I didn't have a chance for a full clean yet, just wiped it with an anti-static brush. The edges are pretty sharp and I have a slight warp on side A, also the record was pretty filthy. That being said, it played through just fine for me, I think it sounded pretty good actually. I imagine it will get even better once I have the chance for a proper cleaning.

So frustrated. I've pre-ordered 5 different variants and have gotten none. My vinylmnky sea blue variant status has been "label created" for 8 days now. No word on any of my signed variants yet. My local store hasn't gotten any in. I'm about ready to order the standard black from his shop just to get a copy (I passed on that since the test press is on black wax)

I'm so cranky. Sorry. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of our last National show in Boston. We had such amazing plans for this year - were going back to Ireland to see them. 2020 is the worst.

So frustrated. I've pre-ordered 5 different variants and have gotten none. My vinylmnky sea blue variant status has been "label created" for 8 days now. No word on any of my signed variants yet. My local store hasn't gotten any in. I'm about ready to order the standard black from his shop just to get a copy (I passed on that since the test press is on black wax)

I'm so cranky. Sorry. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of our last National show in Boston. We had such amazing plans for this year - were going back to Ireland to see them. 2020 is the worst.
Feel you. I’m still waiting and really wanting it. I am coming around to loving the whole album a lot. And yeah I was going to go to Homecoming this year... But rest assured, when The National tour again we will be there...somewhere...crying and feeling so much happiness.

That’s the thing that gets me though a lot of these times.

Feel you. I’m still waiting and really wanting it. I am coming around to loving the whole album a lot. And yeah I was going to go to Homecoming this year... But rest assured, when The National tour again we will be there...somewhere...crying and feeling so much happiness.

That’s the thing that gets me though a lot of these times.
Homecoming 2018 was absolutely perfect (except for the frigid temperatures!) I was a little concerned that they were making it bigger this year, but knew it would be wonderful no matter what. We even snagged tix to the late night wrap party at this tiny underground bar where LNZNDRF was going to play among others. The cancellation was necessary but it hurt so much.

I think Matt's album is fabulous. It was a nice afternoon here, so we were sitting outside on the deck and I had it playing. My husband (who is also a huge National fan) said to me, after it finished the first time, damn, that's really a great album. It was his first real listen. I've been listening to it on repeat on my walks and when I run errands. Take Me Out of Town has brought me to tears every time I've listened.

Homecoming 2018 was absolutely perfect (except for the frigid temperatures!) I was a little concerned that they were making it bigger this year, but knew it would be wonderful no matter what. We even snagged tix to the late night wrap party at this tiny underground bar where LNZNDRF was going to play among others. The cancellation was necessary but it hurt so much.

I think Matt's album is fabulous. It was a nice afternoon here, so we were sitting outside on the deck and I had it playing. My husband (who is also a huge National fan) said to me, after it finished the first time, damn, that's really a great album. It was his first real listen. I've been listening to it on repeat on my walks and when I run errands. Take Me Out of Town has brought me to tears every time I've listened.
Yes! Take Me Out Of Town is one of my favorites. And the more and more I listen to the album, the more I realize this is my favorite side project/solo thing from anyone in the band. El Vy was pretty fun, but I don't go back to it that much. I like LNZNDRF, but I don't love it. But this solo project...it's really doing it for me. It's not a National-sounding album to me, but it still scratches some of that itch that I go to them for.

I never got a shipping notice on mine (signed deluxe turquoise) and just received it this AM! Vinyl sounds great to me. Flat + no surface noise at all. It has a plastic slip cover over top that has a snakeskin type texture on top. I think i have accidentally paid a few bucks extra for priority shipping but hoping you get yours soon! My buddy who ordered the same variant got a shipping notice but hasn't received his yet.

Yes! Take Me Out Of Town is one of my favorites. And the more and more I listen to the album, the more I realize this is my favorite side project/solo thing from anyone in the band. El Vy was pretty fun, but I don't go back to it that much. I like LNZNDRF, but I don't love it. But this solo project...it's really doing it for me. It's not a National-sounding album to me, but it still scratches some of that itch that I go to them for.
I pretty much agree with this. I actually like this album a lot more than I anticipated. I think part of it is that it has started getting cold and grey here and it fits that vibe very well.

I pretty much agree with this. I actually like this album a lot more than I anticipated. I think part of it is that it has started getting cold and grey here and it fits that vibe very well.
I love El Vy. We saw them in Philly and it was seriously one of the most fun shows. Agreed on LNZNDRF, I own the LP, but it's not one I go to regularly. I too was not expecting to love Matt's album as much as I do, it's absolutely wonderful. The only track I haven't completely warmed up to yet is Oh Dearie, but it is definitely growing on me.

Hoping to get at least one of my marble copies soon. I did see there was some movement on my vinylmky copy, expected delivery on Friday. It had been sitting there with a label created status since the 15th.

Back