The National

Still no update on that Cherry Tree Vol. 2 vinyl. I've been waiting and seeing if it just shows up randomly, but nothing yet. And not a peep online.

Getting a little antsy.

In other news, I have paid off most of my VIP ticket for Homecoming. Just counting down the weeks...so ready for that HV performance.

Still no update on that Cherry Tree Vol. 2 vinyl. I've been waiting and seeing if it just shows up randomly, but nothing yet. And not a peep online.

Getting a little antsy.

In other news, I have paid off most of my VIP ticket for Homecoming. Just counting down the weeks...so ready for that HV performance.
I'm bummed I can't make it out for Homecoming this year and am really hoping they do a HV tour - probably wouldn't be very extensive but even if they hit some major cities in the US I'd be happy.

I'm bummed I can't make it out for Homecoming this year and am really hoping they do a HV tour - probably wouldn't be very extensive but even if they hit some major cities in the US I'd be happy.
I do wonder if they plan on doing that, or if it'll just be at festivals or something. A live record of it would also be very welcome.

Getting a little antsy.

Out of curiosity, what's making you antsy? Are you worried that they're going to stiff members this year and not send anything? I don't ask to belittle any anxiety that might be triggering, just honestly curious. I didn't assume the vinyl had to arrive by the end of the calendar year to fulfill the membership contract. So long as it has arrived by the next time they request a membership renewal, I'm good.

Out of curiosity, what's making you antsy? Are you worried that they're going to stiff members this year and not send anything? I don't ask to belittle any anxiety that might be triggering, just honestly curious. I didn't assume the vinyl had to arrive by the end of the calendar year to fulfill the membership contract. So long as it has arrived by the next time they request a membership renewal, I'm good.

That's the point. We paid for our membership in 2018 and received our gift by the end of 2018. Then we renew in 2019 but, so far, in 2020, we haven't received anything. I'll soon or later be asked to renew my membership, for sure. I am just hoping I'll have my second gift in hands.

Yes pretty much this:
That's the point. We paid for our membership in 2018 and received our gift by the end of 2018. Then we renew in 2019 but, so far, in 2020, we haven't received anything. I'll soon or later be asked to renew my membership, for sure. I am just hoping I'll have my second gift in hands.
I haven’t had many perks really for the membership. The main thing for me is the record and it’s just a little disappointing that an entire year went by and we still don’t have it. I trust they’ll deliver. I’m just really really wanting it in my hands. And they said January last month but they haven’t said anything about it and we’re nearing the end of the month

Yes pretty much this:

I haven’t had many perks really for the membership. The main thing for me is the record and it’s just a little disappointing that an entire year went by and we still don’t have it. I trust they’ll deliver. I’m just really really wanting it in my hands. And they said January last month but they haven’t said anything about it and we’re nearing the end of the month
I’m thinking we will get another update shortly either saying they’re punting it another month or it’s going out for delivery. We will get something soon enough, hopefully.

Yes pretty much this:

My dad told me one of the biggest lies was the check was in the mail and he wasn't wrong.

So it sucks that I have to write this, but I'm trying to be preemptive and practical. After purchasing VIP tickets for Homecoming months ago now, I am at the point where I probably can't make it. it just seems nearly impossible for me to do it. I hate that. But, I'd like to try and sell the ticket I have to someone who wants it. i'll knock down the price a little. Now, I obviously don't have the pass yet, so I wouldn't expect a sale right now. But I'm just posting this here as an FYI for anyone interested. I hope I can sell them cause I really don't want to lose all that money.

So it sucks that I have to write this, but I'm trying to be preemptive and practical. After purchasing VIP tickets for Homecoming months ago now, I am at the point where I probably can't make it. it just seems nearly impossible for me to do it. I hate that. But, I'd like to try and sell the ticket I have to someone who wants it. i'll knock down the price a little. Now, I obviously don't have the pass yet, so I wouldn't expect a sale right now. But I'm just posting this here as an FYI for anyone interested. I hope I can sell them cause I really don't want to lose all that money.

I'm something like 2,000 miles too far to make it to the concert, but my daughter just saw your avatar and we're big fans of Hilda!

I'm something like 2,000 miles too far to make it to the concert, but my daughter just saw your avatar and we're big fans of Hilda!
Oh hey me too. Yeah found it browsing Netflix back when it came out and just fell in love with its atmosphere and animation. Now I’ve read all the comics too.

Intriguing release...it’s an EP of reimagined/reworked National songs by Bartees Strange. I hadn’t heard of him before this, but the. concept (just read the description) has me interested.

I’m on team NoMoreBuyingVinyl for a while but I had to grab this. Thanks for sharing.

I’m seeing them in July so I’m hopeful everything returns back to mostly normal by then 🤞

Back