The National

Anybody else get emotional/cry when he starts singing...

I was solid gold
I was in the fight
I was coming back from what seemed like a ruin
I couldn't see you coming so far
I just turn around and there you are
I'm so surprised you want to dance with me now
I was just getting used to living life without you around
I'm so surprised you want to dance with me now
You always said I held you way too high off the ground

My favorite National song ❤

By the way, tonight's the last National show this year. They are playing in Lisbon at a beautiful place called Campo Pequeno (Google it, the stage is in the middle of the crowd).

OH and guess who is precisely in Lisbon for a few days and have two tickets for this show? Guess who?

I'll always say Alligator, because downloading that from eMusic back when it came out exposed me to the band. Lots of memories rocking that album on my click-wheel iPod back then.
same. i remember seeing that tour where Clap Your Hands Say Yeah was blowing up and opened for The National and it was super sold out. But then about 90% of the crowd left when CYHSY wrapped and at the time I never thought The National would be a big deal 15 years later.

Time really is a flat circle or something...

What an Encore : Pink Rabbits, Mr November, Terrible Love, About Today & Vanderlyle
Ah still haven't seen About Today live. Really really hoping they pull it out at Homecoming. Also I wonder whether their normal set at Homecoming will be more diverse or similar to their setlist for the IAETF tour.

By the way, tonight's the last National show this year. They are playing in Lisbon at a beautiful place called Campo Pequeno (Google it, the stage is in the middle of the crowd).

OH and guess who is precisely in Lisbon for a few days and have two tickets for this show? Guess who?
I saw the pics from the National's facebook account from the Lisbon show...that venue looks insane! Glad you had fun, what a setlist (and poster! the poster from the show I went to in Palo Alto was so hideous I didn't even pretend to want to buy it)

I saw the pics from the National's facebook account from the Lisbon show...that venue looks insane! Glad you had fun, what a setlist (and poster! the poster from the show I went to in Palo Alto was so hideous I didn't even pretend to want to buy it)
they've had some amazing ones and some stinkers, I'm glad the show I saw was a good one.

I saw them in Copenhagen a couple of weeks ago and it was very good - probably the "best" show I've seen them put on musically and so on, though maybe not my favourite. Very little pre-'High Violet' in the set list - "About Today", "Mr November" and "Fake Empire" out of 24 songs, but that's similar to Edinburgh a couple of years ago so no real surprise.

The Copenhagen poster was very nice, a pal and I were both tempted but neither of us wanted to have to transport them home.

I got a really dope little bohemian Bed & Breakfast for Homecoming, less than a mile - walking distance - away. Staying through Monday, want to adventure a lot on Sunday... since last time I arrived the night before late and left early the day after the second “show day”.

Last edited:
Back