Also...

Boxer
Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers
I Am Easy To Find
Alligator
Sleep Well Beast High Violet
The National
Trouble Will Find Me

...after the past few months and seeing them live twice this summer.

And,

I can easily say Oblivions (also, forgot to mention someone proposed to each other during that song at Edgefield) and Quiet Light are in my top ten/fifteen. They’re the new Empire Line/Guilty Party... sad, beautiful, and hurt in a good way.

Which is what The National are to me, and what their best songs represent.

Tall Saint
Guilty Party
Slow Show
Lucky You
Karen
About Today
Ada
Oblivions
Available
The Geese Of Beverly Road
Theory Of The Crows
Empire Line
Lemonworld
Quiet Light
Graceless

Last edited:
I'm back and listening to I Am Easy To Find again (still love it - probably even more now honestly). Anyway, have to chime in about that live concert film/EP. I also did not like that it was just on Amazon. But I did stream the film and buy the EP. Oh well. I still would so much rather have a traditional live film that pulls from across their catalog rather than playing mostly IAETF. But...I still had a blast watching it and wish I could I get a blu ray copy or something (also still wishing the Mistaken For Strangers film was available in physical form here in the states). Also also, if the Cherry Tree vinyl is only the EP...I will be disappointed. I don't think they'd do that...but...come on, give us the full thing or at least several more songs.

1. Boxer
2. Alligator
3. Trouble Will Find Me
4. I Am Easy To Find
5. Sad Songs
6. Sleep Well Beast
7. High Violet
8. The National

Another candidate for the Cherry Tree Volume 2 release later this year? Maybe this on vinyl? The last Cherry Tree came out in early November.

The National
11 mins ·
Juicy Sonic Magic is a live three-cassette box set from our September 24th and 25th, 2018 Greek Theatre shows in Berkeley, CA. The Berkeley shows were taped by producer and engineer Erik Flannigan using The Mike Millard Method, which replicates the vintage analog recording equipment the legendary taper used in the '70s and '80s.
The triple-cassette box set will come out November 29th exclusively as part of Record Store Day Black Friday. A short documentary about Millard and the process of taping the Berkeley concerts from the audience is also forthcoming, directed by David DuBois.
Find a record store near you at recordstoreday.com.

Last edited:
Another candidate for the Cherry Tree Volume 2 release later this year?

The National
11 mins ·
Juicy Sonic Magic is a live three-cassette box set from our September 24th and 25th, 2018 Greek Theatre shows in Berkeley, CA. The Berkeley shows were taped by producer and engineer Erik Flannigan using The Mike Millard Method, which replicates the vintage analog recording equipment the legendary taper used in the '70s and '80s.
The triple-cassette box set will come out November 29th exclusively as part of Record Store Day Black Friday. A short documentary about Millard and the process of taping the Berkeley concerts from the audience is also forthcoming, directed by David DuBois.
Cassettes? Ugh

Another candidate for the Cherry Tree Volume 2 release later this year? Maybe this on vinyl? The last Cherry Tree came out in early November.

The National
11 mins ·

One one hand, I was at one of those shows (with the whole family- kids got in free), and it was great. One the other hand, cassettes ain't my jam.

I hope all the RSD kids also hate cassettes so I can score this for retail without incident. It's simultaneously exciting and frustrating to see bands I actually like release something limited on RSD. Cool thing by cool band! 🤩 But also limited thing that people may have to elbow each other out of the way for! 🙁

I mean as much as I am not into cassettes, I will still stupidly show up and buy these. And on Black Friday...which I avoid. But...I feel obligated to. Or maybe someone can score them for me?

The National
11 mins ·
I mean, that little look at how the recorded this was pretty cool, but would have preferred it released on both cassette and vinyl. As much as I'd love this for the Cherry Tree Volume 2, I imagine it would have to be at least a 3 LP set.

Just went back through my emails and saw that the Cherry Tree Vol. 1 tracklist was announced on August 13 last year and, while I couldn’t find a shipping notice/tracking info email, there was en email on November 11 that said they’d start shipping “in the coming weeks”. Not good folks.

Man, I really enjoy all of their albums. However, I listen to High Violet in its entirety at least twice a month. Some months once a week.
Feelsgoodman

Just went back through my emails and saw that the Cherry Tree Vol. 1 tracklist was announced on August 13 last year and, while I couldn’t find a shipping notice/tracking info email, there was en email on November 11 that said they’d start shipping “in the coming weeks”. Not good folks.

Not good? It's not like they're not going to ship it.

To be honest, I completely forgot about the vinyl release. Whenever it comes, I will be excited to hear it and see what other goods are in the package.

Reactions: Tyr
Should be happening soon as far as an announcement goes, right? Or maybe closer to when they ship it, which would be next month.

Not good? It's not like they're not going to ship it.
Well, based on last year’s timing if they announced the track list tomorrow it wouldn’t start shipping until the end of the year. Now, I’m willing to cut them some slack because they put out an unexpected record and toured behind it all year, but when you’re charging $50 per year this sort of slippage can get out of hand and start pissing people off.

In my experience, the return on investment of being pre-worried that you may need to get pre-upset that a band or label might potentially release something on a different date than they released it last year is very low. I recommend flipping the script and getting pre-chill about being pre-accepting of the possibility that you might get bunch of cool stuff on a different date than last year. You'll slip into your National clothing item and headphones with a smile on your face and no worries and it'll be a sweet, sweet first listen of that Vol 2 vinyl. :)

Well, based on last year’s timing if they announced the track list tomorrow it wouldn’t start shipping until the end of the year. Now, I’m willing to cut them some slack because they put out an unexpected record and toured behind it all year, but when you’re charging $50 per year this sort of slippage can get out of hand and start pissing people off.

Or they ship it without announcing the track list beforehand, or they don't announce the track list at all, or they don't send shipping notifications and the band just shows up at your house with the record and a beer. 1 year isn't enough to assume that's how it's going to work or worry about it.

Back