The National

They’re cutting it real close with Cherry Tree. Unless it’s going to be a total drop announcement with it all ready to ship when it’s announced.

I might be trying to go to this too. And a full performance of High Violet is a safe bet. If I go though...it’ll probably be a festival I’m at all alone.
I honestly kind of enjoy that. The times I’ve been to Boston Calling have all been by myself and I had a great time. Don’t have to ask others “hey do you wanna go watch [this band]?” Or wanting to move closer, further away. It’s usually a great time.

The National
1 min ·
Homecoming in association with MusicNOW Festival returns to Cincinnati May 8-10, 2020! Your lineup plus 2-day tickets for Homecoming May 8-9 at Smale Riverfront Park launch next week. Take a look below and RSVP to the event here: https://fal.cn/352mZ
►Public Pre-sale: 11/18 at 10am EST to 11/19 at 11:59pm EST
►Lineup Announce: 11/20 at 10am EST
►Public On Sale: 11/22 at 10am EST
🍒 Active Cherry Tree members will have access to special MEMBERS-ONLY festival perks. More info to come. 🍒
#NTLHC

They’re cutting it real close with Cherry Tree. Unless it’s going to be a total drop announcement with it all ready to ship when it’s announced.
Am I the only person who thinks a vinyl release for Cherry Tree is not happening this year?
yeah what the hell. They need to justify charging us $50 this year.

Just went back through my email and found a message from 02-Nov of last year asking people to verify their info because the package would be shipping "in the coming weeks." I can't find the actual shipping confirmation, but I seem to remember that it was all pretty late. Maybe they can still pull it off?
I might be trying to go to this too. And a full performance of High Violet is a safe bet. If I go though...it’ll probably be a festival I’m at all alone.
We'll probably go again. I'm glad that they moved it out a bit (even if it is Mothers Day weekend). The first year was a pretty chilly weekend in April, especially in the evening. The park has a bit of a strange layout for a festival -- I'll be curious to see what kinds of tweaks they make to improve it on the second attempt. Not that it was bad, but I'm sure there are things they learned from the first round that they can do better.

Mothers' Day weekend what the hell guys.
Yeah, looks like I'm out. Aging mom who only has so many Mother's Days left.
Ah, shit. Guess I'm out too.
Wait so I just looked at the email again. So, Homecoming is only Friday/Saturday, but MusicNOW is Friday-Sunday. So one could conceivably attend Homecoming in full without missing Mothers Day at all (depending on how far you need to travel).

Wait so I just looked at the email again. So, Homecoming is only Friday/Saturday, but MusicNOW is Friday-Sunday. So one could conceivably attend Homecoming in full without missing Mothers Day at all (depending on how far you need to travel).
Too far for me - even flying back home Sunday morning is probably still not a good look.

I'll probably need to wait for tickets as my MIL's birthday is that week as well and she has the tendency to plan things for the weekend nearest her birthday.

Am I the only person who thinks a vinyl release for Cherry Tree is not happening this year?
I'd still take the over, but they just acknowledge (via email) that it is in the works:

Cherry Tree Vol. 2

Cherry Tree Vol. 2 is in production. Please make sure your account details are up-to-date. We're hoping to ship out the membership packages before the end of the year.

I'd still take the over, but they just acknowledge (via email) that it is in the works:
I definitely take that as a positive sign that we're going to get something soon-ish (like before next spring) but if the line is New Years I'm taking the over.

Reactions: mgp
Back