The National

I'm hoping Cherry Tree version 2 is an Alligator or Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers live edition.

Looking at Setlist.com it is amazing to me how few times they have played certain songs. I mean I love Looking For Astronauts but they've only played it live 11 times according to Setlist.com

My brother is texting me about some I Am Easy to Find live video and EP. This seems like something I'd expect to learn from forum Fam!

bunk-the-wire.gif

Tonight was my 11th show... and it was amazing. This band. My girlfriend had her first experience. Now she can’t complain about my Matt infatuation any more.

Not In Kansas was perfect live. And getting a mid-set Geese was crazy. Wow... I love this band.

Also, that encore might be the best I’ve seen yet. Swear that’s the most songs I’ve seen live in a set too.

Tonight was my 11th show... and it was amazing. This band. My girlfriend had her first experience. Now she can’t complain about my Matt infatuation any more.

Not In Kansas was perfect live. And getting a mid-set Geese was crazy. Wow... I love this band.

Also, that encore might be the best I’ve seen yet. Swear that’s the most songs I’ve seen live in a set too.

My girlfriend and I were at the Edgefield show last night too. It was pretty spectacular. That rendition of Vanderlyle to close the show, where everyone got on stage and belted it out with no mic’s and an acoustic guitar, was chill-inducing.

My girlfriend and I were at the Edgefield show last night too. It was pretty spectacular. That rendition of Vanderlyle to close the show, where everyone got on stage and belted it out with no mic’s and an acoustic guitar, was chill-inducing.
Yeah they did that at Red Rocks the last time they played there. It was probably one of my favorite live moments ever at a show. Absolutely right with the chill-inducing. I’m hoping the show at The Mission Ballroom will live up to that show. Tough one to top.

Yeah they did that at Red Rocks the last time they played there. It was probably one of my favorite live moments ever at a show. Absolutely right with the chill-inducing. I’m hoping the show at The Mission Ballroom will live up to that show. Tough one to top.
They did it both times I saw them at Forest Hills.

Wow, last night in Denver was incredible... makes me wish I had sprung for both nights. Observations:

- Rylan really works well as an opener
- Awesome to get Sea of Love, Peggy-O, and Green Gloves
- New appreciation for IAETF songs - especially Quiet Light and MOST ESPECIALLY Where Is Her Head... that one was amazing
- The Mission Ballroom is a really cool venue - small enough that Matt went all the way to the back during England. I got to pat him on the shoulder on his way back up to the stage. 😁

Wow, last night in Denver was incredible... makes me wish I had sprung for both nights. Observations:

- New appreciation for IAETF songs - especially Quiet Light and MOST ESPECIALLY Where Is Her Head... that one was amazing
- The Mission Ballroom is a really cool venue - small enough that Matt went all the way to the back during England. I got to pat him on the shoulder on his way back up to the stage. 😁
The two combined Denver setlists were incredible, would love to see a live album from these shows. How was Matt's voice? He sounded amazing at Stanford but have heard a few gripes the past few shows.

The two combined Denver setlists were incredible, would love to see a live album from these shows. How was Matt's voice? He sounded amazing at Stanford but have heard a few gripes the past few shows.
I didn't notice any issues with his voice (except when he was out in the audience and maybe the mic wasn't picking him up well). However, I did notice that Bryce & Aaron's guitars seemed low in the mix several times... maybe they are still fine-tuning the sound at the venue, since it's so new?

I didn't notice any issues with his voice (except when he was out in the audience and maybe the mic wasn't picking him up well). However, I did notice that Bryce & Aaron's guitars seemed low in the mix several times... maybe they are still fine-tuning the sound at the venue, since it's so new?
Good to know. That venue is intriguing, I was contemplating coming out for these shows until I realized Massive Attack rescheduled their show to last night.

Honestly sounded like Matt was losing his voice a bit. It sounded fine but there were times when even my wife said that she thought he was losing it.

I 100% agree on Quiet Light and Where Is Her Head. Those were fantastic. I wasn’t too into the slower numbers from the new album though. We actually sat down for “So Far So Fast” and the sequence from “Oblivions” into that song really slowed the set down. The songs were pretty but honestly a little boring for me. However, All The Wine through to the end of the set list was absolutely outstanding. Such a great performance.

I also enjoyed the Mission Ballroom and I’m sure I’ll be going to many concerts there now. It’s huge but feels pretty intimate. The sound was spot on for me too for both The National and Alvvays. Alvvays actually slayed in the opening spot!

Matt tripping on the weird old couple behind us (5th row) mid stage was crazy and dumb.

Who keeps sitting in their chairs once a show starts, that close to stage?

Back