The National

Oh man - those loopy fans are the worst. Nick Cave did an interesting show here which was Q&A mixed in with a few simple tracks on the piano. Apparently the Q&A was full of self-important hard core fans trying to out-fan each other and quoting Nick Cave quotes back to him from 10-15 years earlier.

The best part was he apparently just shut them all down, saying 'I don't remember that' and quickly moving on.... hilarious

Was that show anything to do with what has now become his Red Hand Files where he answers fan questions each week via email?

View attachment 8335

Was debating on getting the Cherry Tree version of whatever tonight's poster would be, but I LOVE this.
This is a really nice poster

Man, I would much rather have that than this:
tn060148-the-national-ct-indianapolis-the-lawn-at-white-river-po-z-5d137b90.png

American Mary was played tonight, holy shit.
First time seeing them tonight! Matt stormed the crowd during "Graceless" one of my favorite songs by them, and got within 3 feet of us. Also they played American Mary for the first time in apparently years.
Dudes! I was there, 2nd row! Should've done a forum round-up to grab a drink.

Lol. Yeah. This one wins for worst poster. I was at the LA show and got their poster which was a more faithful take on the cover art:

tn060114-the-national-los-angeles-event-poster-april-26-2019-d-5cb738fa.png

I looked up the other posters after the show and I saw the orange NY one and thought "Wow." Haha.

Their posters have been really great the last few times they've been through LA. I bought all of the ones below and have them hanging around the apartment.

tn060103-the-national-los-angeles-palladium-poster-september-21--d-5baa8c9b.png

tn060035-the-national-2017-na1-tour-poster-d-59ea47ef.png

tn060036-the-national-2017-us-tour-poster-october-2017-neon-orange-d-59edf8de.png

I'm going to buy this poster from the Dallas show I went to last fall but man is it unattractive compared to the Atlanta one

tn060094-the-national-ct-dallas-south-side-ballroom-poster-octo-d-5bbcb4ac.png

okay but most of the posters this tour have been BEAUTIFUL. there's some duds for sure. I'm happy I was at a show that had a nice poster.
I agree, most of them have been great. When I saw the posters for the Paris & London special shows I was a little disappointed that they were just expansions on the cover art, but planned on picking one up at the NY show anyway. Then I got there and saw it was just a frickin' orange rectangle (also, it's humongous). Did I end up ordering a CT variant anyway, that will now sit in my basement like the Tell-Tale Heart until the inevitable day when my wife pops open the tube and asks me what the fuck this orange rectangle is? You know it!

Speaking of, I got my CT edition poster in the mail today and it was numbered 8/30. I would have thought the CT editions would have gone higher like at least 100 or more. Does anyone know how many they had at the merch tables?

I think 20-30 is what they normally do for Cherry Tree. The Dallas one I'm going to grab says edition of 20. The others says edition of 30.

Last edited:
Speaking of, I got my CT edition poster in the mail today and it was numbered 8/30. I would have thought the CT editions would have gone higher like at least 100 or more. Does anyone know how many they had at the merch tables?

Mine from the merch table in Columbus was from a batch of 170 total.

Back