The National

@threesunrises if you're going back tonight, can I ask you for a favor? I saw a picture on Reddit of the merch table. There are two $15 pins for sale. One is green, which I think is the one on their site that I already own and the other is pink. Would you take a picture of them for me? I like to collect pins for the band and would love if you could grab the pink one and I'll reimburse you + extra to ship it to me.

@threesunrises if you're going back tonight, can I ask you for a favor? I saw a picture on Reddit of the merch table. There are two $15 pins for sale. One is green, which I think is the one on their site that I already own and the other is pink. Would you take a picture of them for me? I like to collect pins for the band and would love if you could grab the pink one and I'll reimburse you + extra to ship it to me.
I will try. I do want to get the hats for my husband so will need to get to the merch table at some point.

I went to one merch stand and they didn’t have it. They didn’t have the merch card either. I tried the other one but the line is huge. I will try to go after the show ends.

Last night’s set list:
Washington, DC
May 24, 2023
The Anthem

Once Upon A Poolside
Eucalyptus
Tropic Morning News
New Order T-Shirt
Rylan
Brainy
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Demons
Conversation 16
Humiliation > Murder Me Rachael
Wasp Nest
Daughters Of The Soho Riots
Alien
Grease In Your Hair
Coat On A Hook
Day I Die
Pink Rabbits
England
Graceless
Fake Empire

Your Mind Is Not Your Friend
Light Years
Mr. November
Terrible Love
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

Last night was the first time I’ve seen Vanderlyle on this tour. I don’t know if he did this in Chicago, but Matt let the crowd sing. He went down to the rail, starting on Bryce’s side, and walked all the way across, acknowledging the people in the first few rows. I didn’t even realize he was doing that until he was about two people to my left because I was watching everyone on stage. It was really beautiful and he made so many fans so happy.

It’s no secret that I love this band, it’s moments like that which make me love them even more. What a great run of shows. To all who are seeing them, have the best time.

Last edited:
Last night was the first time I’ve seen Vanderlyle on this tour. I don’t know if he did this in Chicago, but Matt let the crowd sing. He went down to the rail, starting on Bryce’s side, and walked all the way across, acknowledging the people in the first few rows. I didn’t even realize he was doing that until he was about two people to my left because I was watching everyone on stage. It was really beautiful and he made so many fans so happy.

It’s no secret that I love this band, it’s moments like that which make me love them even more. What a great run of shows. To all who are seeing them, have the best time.
Still debating doing two shows in two days in August. It would be crazy to drive in two different directions and back home in two days, but these set lists make me wanna make it work...

Still debating doing two shows in two days in August. It would be crazy to drive in two different directions and back home in two days, but these set lists make me wanna make it work...
My hope is that this will continue... I think it will! They were having so much fun on stage last night... it was so amazing to watch. I kept pointing out guitar changes and Aaron & Scott bass / guitar switches to the guy I was standing next to.

I shrieked when i heard the opening strains of Daughters of the SoHo Riots - have been chasing that since 2014, the last time I saw it live in Brooklyn.

Which two Aug shows are you considering? Right now I have both Philly shows back to back (1 hour drive back and forth) and then New Haven, CT the next night - 3 1/2 + hours plus crappy CT Turnpike traffic.

I don't want to, but I may have to bail on New Haven - 2 nights in a row, queuing for many hours has taken its toll. Not sure I can do 3 nights of standing GA in a row.

My hope is that this will continue... I think it will! They were having so much fun on stage last night... it was so amazing to watch. I kept pointing out guitar changes and Aaron & Scott bass / guitar switches to the guy I was standing next to.

I shrieked when i heard the opening strains of Daughters of the SoHo Riots - have been chasing that since 2014, the last time I saw it live in Brooklyn.

Which two Aug shows are you considering? Right now I have both Philly shows back to back (1 hour drive back and forth) and then New Haven, CT the next night - 3 1/2 + hours plus crappy CT Turnpike traffic.

I don't want to, but I may have to bail on New Haven - 2 nights in a row, queuing for many hours has taken its toll. Not sure I can do 3 nights of standing GA in a row.
I have tickets for Atlanta already, but they are in Nashville the night before. I live in between both cities, so both drives aren't bad. But two longer drives two days in a row while also going to work in between might be hard. The best show I've seen from The National was in Nashville at the same venue back in the SWB era. I just loved seeing them outside and it was easy to grab a spot right up front for the whole show (Big Thief opened). It might be slightly bested by last year's Moon River show because seen both Mr. November and About Today (finally saw it live) in my hometown was unreal.

So they have 72 songs they're pulling from on this tour.

5zlp770sf42b1.jpg

Back