The National

I’d love to see Demons live. I only recently found out a lot of people don’t like that song and I was genuinely confused. It’s often been one of my favorites off of TWFM. Also, I’ll Still Destroy You! I love that song.
Was so psyched to get I'll Still Destroy You... I honestly didn't realize that so many people love it as much as I do.
We last saw Demons in 2013 - had only seen it twice before last night - in Brooklyn at Barclay's and The Mann Center in Philly. From what I recall, they were never happy with the way they performed it (it's an odd time signature) I love the song, and was ecstatic when they played it. And yes, I went absolutely berserk when they stated Abel - had last seen it at Homecoming in 2018, and screaming Matt nailed it last night!

All these concert write ups make me bummed I probably won't be able to go to the back to back nights in a few weeks which would be my first two times seeing them

Was so psyched to get I'll Still Destroy You... I honestly didn't realize that so many people love it as much as I do.
We last saw Demons in 2013 - had only seen it twice before last night - in Brooklyn at Barclay's and The Mann Center in Philly. From what I recall, they were never happy with the way they performed it (it's an odd time signature) I love the song, and was ecstatic when they played it. And yes, I went absolutely berserk when they stated Abel - had last seen it at Homecoming in 2018, and screaming Matt nailed it last night!
Question unrelated to the performance… I saw some pictures of the merch booth but can’t make out most of the designs. What was on the hats? I can’t figure it out.

Also I think the only time I’ve seen Abel live was in 2010 on the HV tour.

Question unrelated to the performance… I saw some pictures of the merch booth but can’t make out most of the designs. What was on the hats? I can’t figure it out.

Also I think the only time I’ve seen Abel live was in 2010 on the HV tour.
I wish I'd taken a pic - it was a spiral on a grey hat and I think there was bluish one as well. I liked them a lot, but we dropped so much $$ on this trip and merch at the pop up, and I didn't want to wait in the merch line at the venue. If I can find a photo, I'll post it here.

Our first Abel was in 2008 (when they opened for R.E.M) and have seen it a few times since, the last was Homecoming in 2018 until Chicago

They dropped another new song last night, Deep End. It sounds great! Wish we could have been there to see it, and what might be played tonight. The new new album (whenever it comes out) sounds like it's going to be great.

Last night was probably my favorite time I’ve seen them in a really long time, maybe since the Boxer era. All the new songs were fantastic live and the crowd was super into EVERYTHING. Was also very surprised how many people knew the words to all the newer songs. Also didn’t know England was everyone’s favorite song now. Seems like a special tour.

So I'm noticing a pattern so far with this tour. I know people aren't big Taylor Swift fans but I think she rubbed off on Aaron on this tour. At her shows, she does her normal set but towards the end before the final set, she does 2 surprise songs back to back. It's usually a deep cut for her biggest fans. Feels like The National are doing that as well. Some of these are done very infrequently. They haven't done Murder Me Rachel and Demons since 2014. I'll keep track of it because that's such a fun thing to look forward to.

Infrequent songs played so far:
Humiliation, Murder Me Rachel
Demons, Abel
Baby, We'll Be Fine, Sorrow

So I'm noticing a pattern so far with this tour. I know people aren't big Taylor Swift fans but I think she rubbed off on Aaron on this tour. At her shows, she does her normal set but towards the end before the final set, she does 2 surprise songs back to back. It's usually a deep cut for her biggest fans. Feels like The National are doing that as well. Some of these are done very infrequently. They haven't done Murder Me Rachel and Demons since 2014. I'll keep track of it because that's such a fun thing to look forward to.

Infrequent songs played so far:
Humiliation, Murder Me Rachel
Demons, Abel
Baby, We'll Be Fine, Sorrow
I don’t know how much they’ve changed up their sets in the past, but I remember when I saw them in 2019 they busted out Secret Meeting and it was incredible. I’m excited to see what other old songs they pull out on this tour.

I love that they’re “dad hats” lol and not big chunky snap backs or something fitted
I own far too many Nats hats and find that I never wear the big boxy "trucker" hats, but love the smaller dad hats.

I have: the boxy Ghost hat, Homecoming hat and Bryan's Royal Green hat. The hat I wear the most is the black Cherry Tree one - it has traveled to many shows with me. I recently bought the "Your Mind is Not Your Friend" one, which I've been wearing lately. Will prob get the spiral for my husband and the flower one for me if they are at the DC merch stand.

I own far too many Nats hats and find that I never wear the big boxy "trucker" hats, but love the smaller dad hats.

I have: the boxy Ghost hat, Homecoming hat and Bryan's Royal Green hat. The hat I wear the most is the black Cherry Tree one - it has traveled to many shows with me. I recently bought the "Your Mind is Not Your Friend" one, which I've been wearing lately. Will prob get the spiral for my husband and the flower one for me if they are at the DC merch stand.
My favorite is actually the blue SWB snapback. But I broke the snap part and haven't fixed it yet cause I don't know how. I love that one cause it's just a simple cool logo.

I don’t know how much they’ve changed up their sets in the past, but I remember when I saw them in 2019 they busted out Secret Meeting and it was incredible. I’m excited to see what other old songs they pull out on this tour.
Was that the Atlanta show? I think I willed that song into existence. I think it was on Instagram where they had a post about seeing people at the Roxy that evening and I said on there that I would love if they played Secret Meeting as I had never heard it before. And then they did.

Last edited:
Was that the Atlanta show? I think I willed that song into existence. I think it was on Instagram where they had a post about seeing people at the Roxy that evening and I said one there that I would love if they played Secret Meeting as I had never heard it before. And then they did.
Yep that’s the show. It felt really special

EXTRA TICKET SOLD!

My daughter bailed on me so I have a single CT hard ticket available for Wed (night 2) at The Anthem in DC. Face was something like $67 with fees, asking $40 / OBO.

I will be at both shows so can give it to you either night.

Last edited:
Ok I think last night’s set list is the best one yet

Reminds me of the Stubbs Cherry Tree show. Great setlist.

So 4 shows, 4 new songs. If we get another album this year, that would be so immense.

Reminds me of the Stubbs Cherry Tree show. Great setlist.

So 4 shows, 4 new songs. If we get another album this year, that would be so immense.

Kinda goes with the title right? More pages to release. Another album to sell. Then a deluxe package down the line.

Kinda felt like the more upbeat/rocky songs were missing. So hoping that's how most of them are

Back