The National - Cherry Tree Club

I am happy to be a very patient vinyl collector but I do very poorly with unnecessarily false or misleading info.

The Cherry Tree club folks have been "awaiting shipment" of the records for 3 weeks, most recently mentioning this status in the club email update that just went out. As far as I know, it doesn't take 3 weeks for a shipped package to arrive. Why not just say "still in production but almost done" or "the vinyl is done but our jackets are delayed" or whatever is more accurate?

When I read the email I thought "Oh it reminds me of an announcement for a big announcement". Nothing new :(

CT presale for new tour dates at 10 am local time tomorrow.
I’m over the moon that they’re coming up here. I never thought it would happen.

funny thing is Lucy Dacus is opening for them and she’s also opening for Bright Eyes at the same place a month earlier. I’m not complaining to have to see Lucy twice however

812D5974-7E9E-469B-85E3-7C113A540CD5.jpeg

If I wasn't going to Jason Isbell a few days before the Boise show I'd go to that one and have work pay for the hotel. Oh well. Hopefully a PDX or Seattle show is soon.

If I wasn't going to Jason Isbell a few days before the Boise show I'd go to that one and have work pay for the hotel. Oh well. Hopefully a PDX or Seattle show is soon.
Yeah, I was thinking about the Missoula show just for a little mini vacation. We will see though.

I had an email in asking about the ramifications of cancelling my upcoming renewal with regards to the outstanding vinyl package and got this tidbit of info in response:

"We expect to be receiving the new vinyl in the next few weeks at which point we will have these orders shipped out as quickly as possible."

They also assured me that I would receive it regardless of whether or not I renew for 2020.

I had an email in asking about the ramifications of cancelling my upcoming renewal with regards to the outstanding vinyl package and got this tidbit of info in response:

"We expect to be receiving the new vinyl in the next few weeks at which point we will have these orders shipped out as quickly as possible."

They also assured me that I would receive it regardless of whether or not I renew for 2020.
I hereby propose that we define "the next few weeks" as a Cherry Tree Unit.

As in, the 2019 membership package has just been delayed by another CTU.

if everything goes to plan and we get it in say, March. Then we're going to be getting another Cherry Tree package again in 2020? I would hope they move up their timetables significantly to ensure that this year's package comes out in 2020.

They had a blurb on Instagram about a week or 2 ago that said they were still waiting on the records from the manufacturer. So it's going to be a little while longer.

The Cherry Tree folks were finally candid and specific about this a few days ago on Reddit. They straight up have not received anything for weeks and weeks despite the pressing plant assuring them the order is done. It hasn't been dispatched/shipped. It's apparently just there and who knows exactly when it will get sent over.

Back